The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Powerful tool

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
I've been having tremendous success with the following strategies.

I'm convinced these strategies are extremely effective and powerful as they have changed my life completely.

What I'm referring to is behavior change through the power of habit.

From the way I view it, you can actually reprogram the mind to become whatever you want to be.

I've come to think of it as automating the mind to be successful (similar to automating a business system)

What do I mean?

A good bulk of human action is actually performed automatically through deeply ingrained habits. Most of it is at the subconscious level whether or not most people realize.

So then the first step is to become consciously aware of these habits. Soon you'll start realizing how many things you do without thinking about it (like driving)

Once you start pinpointing certain habits you have you can then evaluate what you want to do with them. You can also start evaluating what's beneath them that triggers it.

You have positive, negative and neutral.

Obviously, keep the positives.
Modify and replace negatives.
The neutrals you keep. But what I like to do with these is habit stack on them (which I'll get to in a moment)

You can also consciously decide to create completely new habits and then habit stack them.

The beauty of this is astonishing because if you perform the habit correctly from the beginning it will soon become automatic behavior.

As you progress through this you can eventually start to automate a lot of successful habits/behaviors. This then not only causes you success (little by little each day) it also frees up your mental capacity to think about even bigger and better things.

Once you create the habit successfully you can then habit stack it. Or you can habit stack an already existing neutral or positive habit. Habit stacking is basically using an already established habit(behavior) as forward momentum into a newly created habit automatically.

I'll give you two seemingly meaningless (but extremely important) examples from myself of a habit stack.

I work as a stocker so I have a box cutter and cut boxes all day without thinking about it.

Once conscious of the fact that I habitually cut boxes without thinking every day, I decided to use it to my advantage.

I decided that everytime I pull the box cutter out and cut a box I will consciously think *habits process*

Because I already had the unconscious habit of cutting boxes it was much easier to transition and remember to repeat the new behavior on top of it.

It was extremely successful as now every time I cut a box I then automatically think about *habits process* which reminds me of what the priority is for me. My process.

I cut hundreds of boxes so it's a constant reminder all day. At this point if I even see the box cutter, it triggers the behavior and thought.

Another example is that I created a habit of running every day, immediately after work with no hesitation or thought.

Eventually it's started to become automatic. I do it every day at the same time and in the same way, so now when that time comes up it acts as a natural cue and my brain automatically thinks it's time to run and I do.

After successfully establishing the behavior of running. I then created a habit of a shower, food and then a minimum 30 minutes of Spanish studying in that order every day, immediately after running.

Each habit is very specific and concise about what it is that I'm going to do and each flows into the next naturally thus making the whole "chain" stronger over time.

I've had remarkable results.

My clarity has increased dramatically. I have specific things at specific times that must get done every day. It's always performed the same way so theres no room for distraction or need to waste energy thinking about how I'm going to do anything. Anything out of that is just noise.

I don't need to think about what I'm going to be doing each day anymore, because I've preprogrammed it the same consistently every day.

This frees up my mental capacity towards ways to build upon it and it then acts as a positive feedback loop.

It's like you're planting little seeds and giving them love and water every day for the rest of your life because you know that seed will turn into a giant oak tree.

You don't care how long it takes, all you care about is successfully caring for the seed every day. Success doesn't come from getting the oak tree, it comes from watering the seed every day.

You become completely process driven and your success metric is *did I complete the process today?*

You don't care about yesterday, or tomorrow. All you think about is that you complete the process today and that's the success.

You don't "become" successful as if it's some event. Success is one single successful decision you consistently make every day over a long period of time. You treat it as a system and you identify with it. You already are successful because you consistently make successful decisions and get just 1% better each day.

Anyways I'll go ahead and stop here. I know the information is valuable but of course others may disagree.

I'd love to get thoughts on this to see what you guys think. If you guys would like to see more, or didn't like it, please let me know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.