The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PPP or Private Placement Program: What is the real investment opportunity or concept behind the scam?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

abandance

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 25, 2019
Hello Community,

recently, I've learned about a concept called "Private Placement Program" or PPP for short.

I totally understand that there are scammers out there. I understand that you can buy stocks before IPO. You can also purchase shares of a company that is not publicly traded, like investing in a strart up. That would fit the idea of "private placement". While you can expect an asymmetric ROI, there is nothing new or special about these investment opportunities. A share can both grow and crash after an IPO. A startup could also fail and you lose the investment.

However, the presumed scam offers that I found on the web claim that if you have a substantial amount like 10M, 20M, 50M, you can present this money to a "trader" who will block it as some kind of a guarantee (terms such as "Standby Letters of Credit", SBLC, MT799 are mentioned in this context) for a "trade" and this will yield a ridiculous 25% return rate per day for a limited amount of time. In 5 days one could double the "investment" amount this way.

The claim is that this rate of return is almost 100% safe because it involves bonds and bank instruments, and the profit money comes from the fees the banks pay while processing huge transactions. The story may vary as to where the big gains comes from, but the idea is the same: these are financial instruments that are only available to customers with large fortunes and are therefore not advertised on a large scale and thus invisible to the public.

My question now would be what is behind this idea: Are there really particularly lucrative ways to multiply your money safely and quickly if you have 7-8-figure sums at your disposal?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Stop trying to get rich quick in things you don't understand. And yes, convolution in terms usually indicates it is a scam.

Start a business.

It is the only way to enjoy asymmetrical returns unless you are on the ground-floor of a pre-IPO company -- if you want INSIDERS shares on pre-IPO companies, use a reputable platform like Forge.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello Community,

recently, I've learned about a concept called "Private Placement Program" or PPP for short.

I totally understand that there are scammers out there. I understand that you can buy stocks before IPO. You can also purchase shares of a company that is not publicly traded, like investing in a strart up. That would fit the idea of "private placement". While you can expect an asymmetric ROI, there is nothing new or special about these investment opportunities. A share can both grow and crash after an IPO. A startup could also fail and you lose the investment.

However, the presumed scam offers that I found on the web claim that if you have a substantial amount like 10M, 20M, 50M, you can present this money to a "trader" who will block it as some kind of a guarantee (terms such as "Standby Letters of Credit", SBLC, MT799 are mentioned in this context) for a "trade" and this will yield a ridiculous 25% return rate per day for a limited amount of time. In 5 days one could double the "investment" amount this way.

The claim is that this rate of return is almost 100% safe because it involves bonds and bank instruments, and the profit money comes from the fees the banks pay while processing huge transactions. The story may vary as to where the big gains comes from, but the idea is the same: these are financial instruments that are only available to customers with large fortunes and are therefore not advertised on a large scale and thus invisible to the public.

My question now would be what is behind this idea: Are there really particularly lucrative ways to multiply your money safely and quickly if you have 7-8-figure sums at your disposal?
I have no idea in that niche but it’s always good to question where does the gain/yield comes from for any investment.

abandance

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 25, 2019
Stop trying to get rich quick in things you don't understand. And yes, convolution in terms usually indicates it is a scam.

Start a business.

It is the only way to enjoy asymmetrical returns unless you are on the ground-floor of a pre-IPO company -- if you want INSIDERS shares on pre-IPO companies, use a reputable platform like Forge.
By the way, I've just finished listening The Heroic Kitchens Story The Great Rat Race Escape and have rediscovered the forum. I now have INSIDERS access and look forward to learning more.

It is an honour to receive a reply from the creator himself. Thank you for that one and the other books. I appreciate your commitment to helping people, keep it up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.