The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Practicing CENTS #3 - Appliance Repair Course.

Idea threads

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
Hello Again. Today I come with my #3 installment of CENTs practice.

Let's go.

As I realized that It was hard for electronic repair services to scale and that I'll be basically building a job, I considered another approach: an electronic repair course.

I know I'll have to be more specific If I want to get narrow enough to have a niche audience but not so much as to only have hundreds of potential clients.

This is why I've thought of an Electronic Repair Workshop for Kitchen Appliances.

If you think of a room full of electronic appliances, your answer will probably be the Kitchen. Besides, this is also the room where expensive things like fridges, freezers, microwaves, stoves and smoke extractors operate.

This creates a gold mine for homeowners who want to keep everything in a perfect state and not spend hundreds buying new appliances or calling a technician.

Is there a market for this?
Yes. People in developing countries and savvy individuals still find It hard to save money for new appliances, so they might want an electronics course.

That being said, let's begin with the CENTS:
Control: Initially, control will be in the hands of course platforms like Coursera or Skillshare. But as It grows, the number of channels can increase.
Entry: Teaching a Course Requires actual knowledge of the topic. In this case, repairing different models and types of appliances, checking their schematics and introducing the theory required to understand how everything works isn't something that everyone can do. Apart from this, I see Skews that I can apply with regard to existing solutions. If I take a look at existing courses, a couple skews can be added to make the course stand out.
Need: There will always be a need for people who want to become technicians, people from third world countries or just people tight on money to learn how to fix things in the kitchen, so there'll be plenty of need
Time: The course only has to be recorded one time, and then the rest will be dedicated to marketing. Once I'm done, It'll be disconnected from my time.
Scale: A course can be seen by everyone in every part of the world, so this won't be an issue.

Possible Skews:
A balance between how It's done and why It works: Many courses either go with too much theory and no practice or only action and not saying anything about why. I think you can reach a perfect balance If you structure the content right.
Better recording quality: resources about fixing appliances are recorded with lousy lighting and camera angles, something that forces the viewer to guess where some parts are located.

That being said, I still have to investigate further to see If this is a viable idea. For now, that’s my CENTS analysis for practice.

Thank you for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
Hi !!
First, great idea to do a cents analysis, I actually should do the same once I selected my top 3-5 ideas!
I think you did a great job in analysing this one. I think it could interest a lot of people, also in developed countries, but that's just an opinion.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
The hard thing about a course is there is so much fantastic content available for free.

I used to do home appliance repair, and I would learn how to fix problems by watching the videos made by Repair Clinic.

They make super high quality repair videos for free, and then make money selling the parts.

I did do an online course though before I got started, which showed me a lot of the basics, what tools I needed to get started, etc. so a course definitely makes sense when marketed to the aspiring professional repair guy… but I’m not sure there’s a market for it to homeowners. I would think that most homeowners would only want information on how to fix their specific appliances (which YouTube is just fine for).

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
The hard thing about a course is there is so much fantastic content available for free.

I used to do home appliance repair, and I would learn how to fix problems by watching the videos made by Repair Clinic.

They make super high quality repair videos for free, and then make money selling the parts.

I did do an online course though before I got started, which showed me a lot of the basics, what tools I needed to get started, etc. so a course definitely makes sense when marketed to the aspiring professional repair guy… but I’m not sure there’s a market for it to homeowners. I would think that most homeowners would only want information on how to fix their specific appliances (which YouTube is just fine for).
I see. If I do It, I'll have to choose people who want to become Professionals as my target audience then. I'll also check Repair Clinic Videos now. Thanks for the feedback!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Is there a market for this?
Yes. People in developing countries and savvy individuals still find It hard to save money for new appliances, so they might want an electronics course.
This is terrible analysis. What is this backed by? How many others have started a successful business doing this? Or are you trying to create something completely new?

Review your idea please so you don't waste your time.

If you disagree, then execute quickly and prove yourself wrong/right.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.