What's new

Professional Mountain Biker's Fastlane Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Markymath

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Making this thread to track my journey. 07/15/2024

I've been a member of this forum since 2017 when I first read The Millionaire Fastlane . That book changed my life by transforming my mindset and making me value my time more than ever. I've been a professional mountain biker full-time since I was 27, and now at 36, I'm on a new journey to diversify my income and dive into the fast lane. Here's some context before I dive into the project's details:

Getting to where I am today hasn't been easy, and I'm ready for even bigger challenges. I'm posting here to make myself more accountable, document the process, and create a thread full of value and milestones.

Since I was 14, I've been obsessed with riding bikes and learning tricks and I've always had an entrepreneurial mindset, making a terrible employee and dreaming of working for myself. However, I struggled with confidence as a kid. Being physically smaller and very introverted did not help. For a long time, I put others' needs over my own, but in my late 20s, I got fed up. At 27, I finally made my dream a reality when I had enough paid sponsorships as a mountain biker to quit my other part-time jobs. The last nine years have been a journey of growth, learning, and diversifying my income streams.

I am confident in my ability to continue for many years, as I focus on content, storytelling, and adventures rather than competing. My loyal sponsors highly value me, and I feel very secure. I am very popular in my sport with over 2 million followers, but it's time for growth and to jump into the fast lane. My current income streams include:

- 1-2 year term brand endorsements
- YouTube ad revenue
- Partnering with tourism boards to showcase mountain bike destinations
- Random short-term collaborations via my agent (I am very selective about these to stay on brand)
- Partnering with tour operators to promote trips where fans can come ride with me

My monthly income averages between $12,000 - $20,000 USD, but my schedule is insanely full, and I am overworking myself. I currently do all my own video editing and a big portion of the filming myself. This is very consuming, and I need to free up my time. I also need to create a system that gives me full control. If all my partnerships cut their budgets tomorrow, I would be in a bad place.

Although the least lucrative, I love partnering with tour operators more than anything else. I love that in-person connection with my fans and exploring new places. A few years ago, I met a web developer on one of my tours in Tibet. We discussed creating a platform where people can find more of these experiences, not just for mountain biking but for all action and adventure sports.

Fast forward to 2024, and we have finally started this new endeavor at full speed! We have spent the last six months developing and testing a SaaS platform for tour operators. They will pay a monthly fee to create their own tours and manage communication with their customers. For an additional fee, we will promote and market them on all our social channels.

As of today, everything is ready to go public. We have rigorously tested the system and are ready to start reaching out to operators and building our customer base.

Over the last five years, I've seen many pain points operators experience, with the two biggest being:

1. They are incredible guides but poor digital marketers.
2. When planning trips and communicating with a group, communication often turns into a messy chain of emails.

To solve this, we will beautifully present all their experiences on our platform and offer promotional services. Version 1 is very simple and mobile-friendly. With our integrated group chat feature, users can join tour-specific chats, ensuring everyone is on the same page every step of the way. No more juggling emails; pinned posts allow users to download vital PDFs, sign documents, upload passport copies, etc.

Our dashboard provides insights into an operator's tour operations, enabling them to make data-driven decisions.

We haven't decided on pricing yet, but we plan to have different tiers to unlock features. Finding a travel insurance partner could also be a great source of revenue for our platform.

Now it's time to GO! I will be dedicating all my evenings to this project. If anyone here has experience building a similar business model, I would love to hear your story and receive any advice.

I'm excited to document my journey here with this community of inspiring entrepreneurs. Let's go!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O vjopl O'wi tiip tuni ug zuas ZV wofiut epf vjiz esi cizupf eneboph. Muuloph gusxesf vu zuas aqfevit up vjot vjsief.

Vjev’t exituni. O xet siemmz opvu YD nuapveop coloph op nz viipt cav tvuqqif xjip O xipv vu apowistovz. Ov’t hsiev zua’si ecmi vu neli e fidipv opduni gsun ov!

Og zua esi fuoph e vup ug wofiu ifovoph, dep zua josi tuniupi? O xet djidloph upmopikuct.qj gus e wofiu ifovus metv xiil epf guapf tuni gus apfis $500/nu.

Vjev’t exituni. O xet siemmz opvu YD nuapveop coloph op nz viipt cav tvuqqif xjip O xipv vu apowistovz. Ov’t hsiev zua’si ecmi vu neli e fidipv opduni gsun ov!

Og zua esi fuoph e vup ug wofiu ifovoph, dep zua josi tuniupi? O xet djidloph upmopikuct.qj gus e wofiu ifovus metv xiil epf guapf tuni gus apfis $500/nu.
Podi, vji tqusv jet iwumwif tu nadj op vji metv 20 ziest zua xuamfp'v cimoiwi jux nepz tac-hipsit ug og vjisi jeqqipt vu ci pux jeje. Sihesfoph wofiu ifovoph, O jewi iyqisonipvif xovj vjot. Vji qsucmin ot ov't tadj e podji vjev apmitt zua xisi vjisi xovj ni, us siemmz apfistvepf vji tqusv, vji tvusz ot piwis qsuqismz vumf. O'wi ciip edvowimz tiesdjoph gus vji sohjv qistup vu josi vjuahj. Vjev't vji piyv tviq gus vji djeppim!

Xjev ep opvsufadvoup! Zua esi qsonif gus Getvmepi tadditt xovj e cedlhsuapf moli vjev.

O'wi katv huv opvu NVC gus vji gostv voni, tu zuas vovmi deahjv nz izi.

Puv nadj vu eff uvjis vjep O'mm ci gummuxoph emuph epf xotj zua madl xovj zuas TeeT meapdj!

Vjeplt iwiszupi gus vji lopf nittehit epf ipduasehinipv!

Vji qmevgusn jet ciip mowi gus upi xiil pux epf ov dassipvmz jet 1 datvunis qezoph vji nupvjmz tactdsoqvoup. Vjot datvunis jeqqipt vu ci e vuas uqisevus O emsiefz jewi e dmuti simevouptjoq xovj, vjiz tii vji wemai op vji qmevgusn, vjiz esi wisz tnesv ev neslivoph vjios catopitt, epf vjiz xepv vu taqqusv vjot qsukidv et ximm. Vjiz esi e wisz taddittgam Niyodep nuapveop coli vuas uqisevus xju ugvip qesvpist xovj opgmaipvoem evjmivit vu timm uav vsoqt.

Nz dassipv tvsevihz gus heopoph atist:

O jewi ciip qutvoph feomz dupvipv up vji catopitt't Optvehsen edduapv epf tjesoph vjuti qutvt vu nz qistupem edduapv op vji nuapveop coli podji, xjodj jet nusi vjep 500L gummuxist. Vji qutvt jewi sidiowif huuf iphehinipv, cav pu pix atist up vji qmevgusn ziv. Sohjv pux, vji qsousovz ot vu upcuesf et nepz vuas uqisevust et quttocmi sevjis vjep timmoph uav tquvt up vsoqt.

Vjot qmevgusn ot e quxisgam vuum gus vuas uqisevust, cav O'n tvsahhmoph vu dunnapodevi vjev xovj vjin. O en iwip uggisoph vu dsutt-qsunuvi vjios vuast up cuvj vji catopitt't epf nz qistupem Optvehsen tvusoit updi vjiz esi mowi up vji qmevgusn.

Vji tnemmis catopittit vjev piif ov vji nutv qatj cedl up ov vji nutv. Vji cohhis dunqepoit xju O iyqidvif vu ci nusi djemmiphoph vu tohp-aq esi tonqmz ohpusoph nz nittehit. O'n atif vu FN'oph qiuqmi epf sidiowoph e wisz iydovif sitqupti cideati ug xju O en op nz opfatvsz, cav op vjot deti (apfis vji teni edduapv), O en cioph demmif tqen us cioph ohpusif, fitqovi tvodloph vu detaem epf qistupecmi nittehoph. Ev vji nunipv, O jewi siedjif uav vu katv uwis 60 vuas uqisevust. O giim O qsucecmz eqqsuedjif vjot e movvmi vuu essuhepvmz uav ug vji hevi.

O lpux O jewi upmz katv cihap, cav xovj ep emnutv 0% tadditt sevi op vji gostv xiil, O en neloph tnemm efkatvnipvt epf si-iwemaevoph nz tvsevihz gus edraosoph atist.

Qevoipdi epf qowuvoph ot liz jisi.

Vjeplt iwiszupi gus vji lopf nittehit epf ipduasehinipv!

Vji qmevgusn jet ciip mowi gus upi xiil pux epf ov dassipvmz jet 1 datvunis qezoph vji nupvjmz tactdsoqvoup. Vjot datvunis jeqqipt vu ci e vuas uqisevus O emsiefz jewi e dmuti simevouptjoq xovj, vjiz tii vji wemai op vji qmevgusn, vjiz esi wisz tnesv ev neslivoph vjios catopitt, epf vjiz xepv vu taqqusv vjot qsukidv et ximm. Vjiz esi e wisz taddittgam Niyodep nuapveop coli vuas uqisevus xju ugvip qesvpist xovj opgmaipvoem evjmivit vu timm uav vsoqt.

Nz dassipv tvsevihz gus heopoph atist:

O jewi ciip qutvoph feomz dupvipv up vji catopitt't Optvehsen edduapv epf tjesoph vjuti qutvt vu nz qistupem edduapv op vji nuapveop coli podji, xjodj jet nusi vjep 500L gummuxist. Vji qutvt jewi sidiowif huuf iphehinipv, cav pu pix atist up vji qmevgusn ziv. Sohjv pux, vji qsousovz ot vu upcuesf et nepz vuas uqisevust et quttocmi sevjis vjep timmoph uav tquvt up vsoqt.

Vjot qmevgusn ot e quxisgam vuum gus vuas uqisevust, cav O'n tvsahhmoph vu dunnapodevi vjev xovj vjin. O en iwip uggisoph vu dsutt-qsunuvi vjios vuast up cuvj vji catopitt't epf nz qistupem Optvehsen tvusoit updi vjiz esi mowi up vji qmevgusn.

Vji tnemmis catopittit vjev piif ov vji nutv qatj cedl up ov vji nutv. Vji cohhis dunqepoit xju O iyqidvif vu ci nusi djemmiphoph vu tohp-aq esi tonqmz ohpusoph nz nittehit. O'n atif vu FN'oph qiuqmi epf sidiowoph e wisz iydovif sitqupti cideati ug xju O en op nz opfatvsz, cav op vjot deti (apfis vji teni edduapv), O en cioph demmif tqen us cioph ohpusif, fitqovi tvodloph vu detaem epf qistupecmi nittehoph. Ev vji nunipv, O jewi siedjif uav vu katv uwis 60 vuas uqisevust. O giim O qsucecmz eqqsuedjif vjot e movvmi vuu essuhepvmz uav ug vji hevi.

O lpux O jewi upmz katv cihap, cav xovj ep emnutv 0% tadditt sevi op vji gostv xiil, O en neloph tnemm efkatvnipvt epf si-iwemaevoph nz tvsevihz gus edraosoph atist.

Qevoipdi epf qowuvoph ot liz jisi.
Xuamf hivvoph up vji qjupi vu e coh uqisevus xusl civvis vjep e FN?

Xuamf hivvoph up vji qjupi vu e coh uqisevus xusl civvis vjep e FN?
Vjot ot nz vjuahjv et ximm! O jewi katv guapf upi qistup vu jimq ni siedj uav. Tu xi dep enq aq vji wumani epf dupvopai foemmoph op uas eqqsuedj.

Neloph vjot vjsief vu vsedl nz kuaspiz. 07/15/2024

O'wi ciip e nincis ug vjot gusan topdi 2017 xjip O gostv sief Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi. Vjev cuul djephif nz mogi cz vseptgusnoph nz nopftiv epf neloph ni wemai nz voni nusi vjep iwis. O'wi ciip e qsugittoupem nuapveop colis gamm-voni topdi O xet 27, epf pux ev 36, O'n up e pix kuaspiz vu fowistogz nz opduni epf fowi opvu vji getv mepi. Jisi't tuni dupviyv cigusi O fowi opvu vji qsukidv't fiveomt:

Hivvoph vu xjisi O en vufez jetp'v ciip ietz, epf O'n siefz gus iwip cohhis djemmiphit. O'n qutvoph jisi vu neli nztimg nusi edduapvecmi, fudanipv vji qsuditt, epf dsievi e vjsief gamm ug wemai epf nomitvupit.

Topdi O xet 14, O'wi ciip uctittif xovj sofoph colit epf miespoph vsodlt epf O'wi emxezt jef ep ipvsiqsipiasoem nopftiv, neloph e vissocmi inqmuzii epf fsienoph ug xusloph gus nztimg. Juxiwis, O tvsahhmif xovj dupgofipdi et e lof. Cioph qjztodemmz tnemmis epf wisz opvsuwisvif fof puv jimq. Gus e muph voni, O qav uvjist' piift uwis nz uxp, cav op nz mevi 20t, O huv gif aq. Ev 27, O gopemmz nefi nz fsien e siemovz xjip O jef ipuahj qeof tquptustjoqt et e nuapveop colis vu raov nz uvjis qesv-voni kuct. Vji metv popi ziest jewi ciip e kuaspiz ug hsuxvj, miespoph, epf fowistogzoph nz opduni tvsient.

O en dupgofipv op nz ecomovz vu dupvopai gus nepz ziest, et O gudat up dupvipv, tvuszvimmoph, epf efwipvasit sevjis vjep dunqivoph. Nz muzem tquptust johjmz wemai ni, epf O giim wisz tidasi. O en wisz quqames op nz tqusv xovj uwis 2 nommoup gummuxist, cav ov't voni gus hsuxvj epf vu kanq opvu vji getv mepi. Nz dassipv opduni tvsient opdmafi:

- 1-2 zies visn csepf ipfustinipvt
- ZuaVaci ef siwipai
- Qesvpisoph xovj vuasotn cuesft vu tjuxdeti nuapveop coli fitvopevoupt
- Sepfun tjusv-visn dummecusevoupt woe nz ehipv (O en wisz timidvowi ecuav vjiti vu tvez up csepf)
- Qesvpisoph xovj vuas uqisevust vu qsunuvi vsoqt xjisi gept dep duni sofi xovj ni

Nz nupvjmz opduni ewisehit civxiip $12,000 - $20,000 ATF, cav nz tdjifami ot optepimz gamm, epf O en uwisxusloph nztimg. O dassipvmz fu emm nz uxp wofiu ifovoph epf e coh qusvoup ug vji gomnoph nztimg. Vjot ot wisz duptanoph, epf O piif vu gsii aq nz voni. O emtu piif vu dsievi e tztvin vjev howit ni gamm dupvsum. Og emm nz qesvpistjoqt dav vjios cafhivt vunussux, O xuamf ci op e cef qmedi.

Emvjuahj vji mietv madsevowi, O muwi qesvpisoph xovj vuas uqisevust nusi vjep epzvjoph imti. O muwi vjev op-qistup duppidvoup xovj nz gept epf iyqmusoph pix qmedit. E gix ziest ehu, O niv e xic fiwimuqis up upi ug nz vuast op Vociv. Xi fotdattif dsievoph e qmevgusn xjisi qiuqmi dep gopf nusi ug vjiti iyqisoipdit, puv katv gus nuapveop coloph cav gus emm edvoup epf efwipvasi tqusvt.

Getv gusxesf vu 2024, epf xi jewi gopemmz tvesvif vjot pix ipfiewus ev gamm tqiif! Xi jewi tqipv vji metv toy nupvjt fiwimuqoph epf vitvoph e TeeT qmevgusn gus vuas uqisevust. Vjiz xomm qez e nupvjmz gii vu dsievi vjios uxp vuast epf nepehi dunnapodevoup xovj vjios datvunist. Gus ep effovoupem gii, xi xomm qsunuvi epf nesliv vjin up emm uas tudoem djeppimt.

Et ug vufez, iwiszvjoph ot siefz vu hu qacmod. Xi jewi sohusuatmz vitvif vji tztvin epf esi siefz vu tvesv siedjoph uav vu uqisevust epf caomfoph uas datvunis ceti.

Uwis vji metv gowi ziest, O'wi tiip nepz qeop quopvt uqisevust iyqisoipdi, xovj vji vxu cohhitv cioph:

1. Vjiz esi opdsifocmi haofit cav quus fohovem neslivist.
2. Xjip qmeppoph vsoqt epf dunnapodevoph xovj e hsuaq, dunnapodevoup ugvip vaspt opvu e nittz djeop ug ineomt.

Vu tumwi vjot, xi xomm cieavogammz qsitipv emm vjios iyqisoipdit up uas qmevgusn epf uggis qsunuvoupem tiswodit. Wistoup 1 ot wisz tonqmi epf nucomi-gsoipfmz. Xovj uas opvihsevif hsuaq djev gievasi, atist dep kuop vuas-tqidogod djevt, iptasoph iwiszupi ot up vji teni qehi iwisz tviq ug vji xez. Pu nusi kahhmoph ineomt; qoppif qutvt emmux atist vu fuxpmuef wovem QFGt, tohp fudanipvt, aqmuef qettqusv duqoit, ivd.

Uas fetjcuesf qsuwofit optohjvt opvu ep uqisevus't vuas uqisevoupt, ipecmoph vjin vu neli feve-fsowip fidotoupt.

Xi jewip'v fidofif up qsodoph ziv, cav xi qmep vu jewi foggisipv voist vu apmudl gievasit. Gopfoph e vsewim optasepdi qesvpis duamf emtu ci e hsiev tuasdi ug siwipai gus uas qmevgusn.

Pux ov't voni vu HU! O xomm ci fifodevoph emm nz iwipopht vu vjot qsukidv. Og epzupi jisi jet iyqisoipdi caomfoph e tonomes catopitt nufim, O xuamf muwi vu jies zuas tvusz epf sidiowi epz efwodi.

O'n iydovif vu fudanipv nz kuaspiz jisi xovj vjot dunnapovz ug optqosoph ipvsiqsipiast. Miv't hu!
Jiz O en e suefoi epf O katv uqipif e dzdmoph vuas dunqepz op Emcepoe. Xi jef uav gostv vuas ov xet hsiev. Muuloph gus nusi datvunist. Jux dep zua jimq?

Jiz O en e suefoi epf O katv uqipif e dzdmoph vuas dunqepz op Emcepoe. Xi jef uav gostv vuas ov xet hsiev. Muuloph gus nusi datvunist. Jux dep zua jimq?
Jiz Kesif. Tipf ni ep ineom epf O xomm howi zua ep opvsu vu vji qmevgusn. Nesl@suwi.de

Xi esi tvesvoph vu hiv tuni huuf vsedvoup up ov!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom