The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

QR codes in Oct 2023?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Are QR codes still a good thing?

• Outdated and were never worth a crap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outdated

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • OK, but not great

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • They are still good.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • They are great! We should all use them in our businesses!

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 5, 2020
A couple of years ago, I heard QR codes being mocked as an old-fashioned thing of the past. I think I am seeing a resurgence. Dunno.

We are trying to decide if we should spend money advertising in a local print magazine, and we need a way to track the value of the ad spend. QR's directed to a mirrored landing page seem like the surest way to do it?

What do you think? Poll is open until Oct 19, 2023.

QR code for colored jhse.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 5, 2020
Are your customers using mobile, and is the URL trackable through a UTM or similar setup?
I think I would duplicate my favorite landing page, which would be a unique URL. I would make SEO horrible, and would not link it. There would not be a reasonable reason for anyone to find it. Then, when I check google analytics, any visits to that page could be assumed to have come from the QR that was for that page.

I am certainly not an expert, or even comfortable with the interwebs, I am just guessing. :)

Snowball

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Sep 12, 2023
California
IMO QR codes are fine, but probably depends on your audience. If it's older audience (60+) then they might not as comfortable scanning QR codes, in which case a simple URL would be more accessible.

If possible, I'd include both a QR code and a simple URL below it, like: www.yourdomain.com/offer

The QR code could direct to: www.yourdomain.com/offer?utm_source=qr

That way you can compare in GA direct traffic (i.e. people typing in the URL) vs. people who scanned QR code using the utm_source query param

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 5, 2020
IMO QR codes are fine, but probably depends on your audience. If it's older audience (60+) then they might not as comfortable scanning QR codes, in which case a simple URL would be more accessible.

If possible, I'd include both a QR code and a simple URL below it, like: www.yourdomain.com/offer

The QR code could direct to: www.yourdomain.com/offer?utm_source=qr

That way you can compare in GA direct traffic (i.e. people typing in the URL) vs. people who scanned QR code using the utm_source query param
Brilliant, thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.