The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Is arrogance your only argument? I am still waiting for someone to explain why they believe they live on a ball without the reasoning being that some "scientists" said so.

I think as this discussion develops you're going to find a number of fastlaners reject ball earth for a very scientific lack of credible data.
I just want to be sure I'm not being trolled before I actually discuss this -- so just to confirm, you are serious?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I just want to be sure I'm not being trolled before I actually discuss this -- so just to confirm, you are serious?
OK, Ballie. Why is the earth round? Enlighten us.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
OK, Ballie. Why is the earth round? Enlighten us.
I'm sure others can be more scientific, but people have sailed around the world, flown around the world, and we have photos/video of the Earth from space.

Here's a link if you really want to read more: Fighting flat-Earth theory – Physics World

Just to take the thread beyond this one issue, though: to others who see this exchange, this really demonstrates how sometimes contrarianism can be way, way off track. Hopefully I'm just being trolled here, but the seriousness of this issue remains. People see stuff online and believe it, no matter how absurd. This is a terrifying issue, especially as deep-fakes and AI threaten to make it even worse.

I'm old enough to remember when we thought "Web 2.0" and the democratization of information would make the world a better place. Now we realize the signal is lost amid the noise when the voice of the misguided zealot gets equal footing to the voice of the expert.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm sure others can be more scientific, but people have sailed around the world, flown around the world, and we have photos/video of the Earth from space.
People have sailed on the world. No doubt. But prove around!

Who took those pictures? The experts?

Come on man, this is weak.

Just to take the thread beyond this one issue, though: to others who see this exchange, this really demonstrates how sometimes contrarianism can be way, way off track. Hopefully I'm just being trolled here, but the seriousness of this issue remains. People see stuff online and believe it, no matter how absurd. This is a terrifying issue, especially as deep-fakes and AI threaten to make it even worse.

This is arrogant. All I see here is an appeal to authority and popularity.

I'm old enough to remember when we thought "Web 2.0" and the democratization of information would make the world a better place. Now we realize the signal is lost amid the noise when the voice of the misguided zealot gets equal footing to the voice of the expert

Again with the experts. Maybe you should re examine what you believe on this and why.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Yeah and when you go to space, NASA actually makes a giant holagram that makes the earth go round, smh.
Not saying the earth is flat but what a ridiculous example to pick

You think those photos are real?

You actually think they went to the moon?

Does not affect my life 1 bit and I have no idea why this is being discussed here but yeah, there’s countless examples online exposing how all those photos and videos are faked, and they aren’t even good fakes

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Not even in highschool yet.

It varies. Sometimes it’s eggs, sometimes toast with pb&j. Sometimes it’s waffles.

Uhh, most of the nights I get below 8 hours, but even the nights where I get 8-8.5, I’m still sleepy at noon.

Maybe sleepy isn’t the right word, I feel more tired, but not tired tired.

Its almost like my brain needs a break.

Even at school, my first two periods I breeze through, than the third one comes and I get so lazy.

Than after my 4th period, it begins to come back.

I might have some sort of sleeping problem, I don’t know, but I schedule my day more or less like that schedule (sometimes it helps if I go for a walk, meditate, relax or something during my “dips”)

Bro, you are 13 yrs old. Your body is a mix of growth spurt and hormone production. Comparing yourself to the "accepted science" which studies adults is comparing apples and oranges.

For example, your body probably requires one or two more hours of sleep than you're getting.

People have sailed on the world. No doubt. But prove around!

Who took those pictures? The experts?

Come on man, this is weak.

This is arrogant. All I see here is an appeal to authority and popularity.

Again with the experts. Maybe you should re examine what you believe on this and why.

It's a shame more people haven't watched a ship disappear over the horizon. It's truly a calming activity.

Modern society has a way of forgetting the simple pleasures and solutions of life.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Random request probably not worth it's own thread:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a sunglasses brand that has more durable nose/temple arms?

I've snapped the nose-arms off my Ray-Bans once before trying to adjust them and the temple-arms are constantly being over-extended and I keep needing to bend them back (while thinking I'm going to snap them...). I need a new pair but I know 95% of the market is basically just different flavors of Luxottica's typical stuff.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Random request probably not worth it's own thread:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a sunglasses brand that has more durable nose/temple arms?

I've snapped the nose-arms off my Ray-Bans once before trying to adjust them and the temple-arms are constantly being over-extended and I keep needing to bend them back (while thinking I'm going to snap them...). I need a new pair but I know 95% of the market is basically just different flavors of Luxottica's typical stuff.
Temu. Buy 15 pairs and don't worry when you break them.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Doesn't work for us fools who wear prescription glasses.

I have the same issue as @JAJT

It's pretty disappointing to pay $400-600 on a single pair of glasses that fall apart after a short while.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

It's pretty disappointing to pay $400-600 on a single pair of glasses that fall apart after a short while.
I wear contacts under them. Cheapos work wonderfully for me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Details matter, especially if you're in the business of details.

I won't post the flyer, but I received a "Car Detailing" flyer on my window.

The flyer itself was poorly done, from layout, design, and even unwanted printer marks that should have NOT been visible.

If these are the details you put into your flyer -- your only representation of your business -- how well will you detail my $150,000 car? (The flyer had a picture of a $150K Mercedes.) Why would I trust you with it, when you can't be trusted to do a simple 8.5 x 11 flyer?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

The flyer itself was poorly done, from layout, design, and even unwanted printer marks that should have NOT been visible.

If these are the details you put into your flyer -- your only representation of your business -- how well will you detail my $150,000 car? (The flyer had a picture of a $150K Mercedes.) Why would I trust you with it, when you can't be trusted to do a simple 8.5 x 11 flyer?

Something I do is I print out a little story on the card, fold it so if they’re interested, they can unfold it, and read my story and about me. Allowing for more trust and a first impression.

I also had prices, which were easily readable.

I also had my contact info which was readable.

It’s not crammed, not too much white space, not too small but not too big.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Next thing you know, Temu is buying 150 REAL glasses with your credit card info:rofl:

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Do you believe everything you're told?

I have no problem with anybody that wants to believe we live on a ball. That’s their choice. The round earth theory stuff is such an appeal to authority. People acting like the science is settled is getting old. It isn't settled. Never was.

The existence of space is even debatable.
earth-is-a-cube-yes-.jpg

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Why are you paying so much for prescription glasses? Can't you just do what Kak said but with prescription glasses?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Why are you paying so much for prescription glasses? Can't you just do what Kak said but with prescription glasses?

Some people can't wear contacts.

But for those people, I would suggest a Costco membership. I'm paying 160 bucks for my prescription Oakleys without insurance.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The cheapest prescription sunglasses I've found are from Zenni which are basically Temu trash, but they're usually $50-80.

I much prefer good contacts and sub $20 sunglasses. Sometimes they last a few months and sometimes they last over a year. Whatever.

I have some nice stuff too like Ray Ban and Oakley, but I'm just as happy to grab my Temu trash aviators when I'm headed out the door.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Some people can't wear contacts.

But for those people, I would suggest a Costco membership. I'm paying 160 bucks for my prescription Oakleys without insurance.
Holy smokes!!! I never even thought to check out Costco for lenses!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Certainly I don’t have the knowledge to study into the matter on the shape of the earth, but since there is no money to be made by lying to us , and no harm in believing the consensus even if it is a falsehood, I rest with belief with the current consensus that it is round.

It is not like health and medicine where food business, pharmaceutical business and billions of pensions being paid to people who are able to keep themselves alive get all involved.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Certainly I don’t have the knowledge to study into the matter on the shape of the earth, but since there is no money to be made by lying to us , and no harm in believing the consensus even if it is a falsehood, I rest with belief with the current consensus that it is round.

It is not like health and medicine where food business, pharmaceutical business and billions of pensions being paid to people who are able to keep themselves alive get all involved.
Not saying it’s flat but NASA gets billions in funding daily and what do we get? A few photos every now and again.

There’s definitely money involved.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Good podcast episode for all the young guys who seem to be here now:

A real life example of what has been discussed in a couple of other threads

- Have fun while you’re young and try a bunch of shit you are interested in
- You are still young what’s the rush, the guy on here is in his 20s and mentions 33 still being young to most rich people
- The pathway to success and traits of success don’t necessarily look like you’d expect, they talk about having a history of being really into gaming, really into random niche things, leading to success, sports is another one
- Meet and get around the right people
- The traits that lead to early financial success can also lead to massive gaps in development in other areas like social and family life

Most of all just try shit, get around the right people, but I would also say don’t cut off everyone else, there’s a very clear path of groups of people being super degenerate and into gaming and poker and then later on becoming very successful together in other areas, you never know what people will be like and into in their 20’s, chances are that’s when they will start to care about making money and trying things, in their teens that obsession that leads to success may be channeled into other things that don’t look like they’ll lead to success, but later when they take that obsession and apply it to making money it transfers over and leads to success

It also starts with an exact blueprint of how to get a mentor or mentorship type job and then make the most out of it and turn that into success. You could copy exactly what he did right now and it would work.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The cheapest prescription sunglasses I've found are from Zenni which are basically Temu trash, but they're usually $50-80.

I much prefer good contacts and sub $20 sunglasses. Sometimes they last a few months and sometimes they last over a year. Whatever.

I have some nice stuff too like Ray Ban and Oakley, but I'm just as happy to grab my Temu trash aviators when I'm headed out the door.
I recently bought some Goodr sunglasses $25, and Blenders $60. Both are not bad for the price. Much better lenses than $30 sunglasses on Amazon.

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 9, 2020

I personally like that recent style of "I'll throw something together in canva, no need to pay a designer" way of approaching visual communication.
Makes it super easy to distinguish amateurs from pros.

Myself I stopped doing visual communication for clients years ago, since I realized it's more about educating them about what's needed for it to work and why it costs so much, rather than creating the actual design and I didn't sign up to be a teacher, nor I'm very good at it. Doing ugly designs just for the money is not my style either.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Very random observation recently.

I have noticed a bunch of people dropping out of college or going straight from secondary (high) school into construction.

Maybe not a big deal in the US but Ireland has the 3rd highest - third level education achievement in the world. Our whole country is like a Silicon Valley with all of the biggest tech companies in the world.

Minimum wage here is 11.70 euro per hour. 18 year olds are now being offered 18.50+ starting with no experience to work on sites.

I was very young during the Celtic Tiger years (lead up to 2008) but this reminds me of the stories from my dad. People dropping out of school, buying new clothes on a friday evening wearing them all weekend partying and then wearing them to work Monday because you are making so much money you don't care if they will be ruined.

To add on top of that we have one of the most severe housing crises in the world. Our government, funded by corporate taxes from every multinational in the world who set up bases here is now running a budget surplus of billions.

The recent government budget announcements will give me basically free electricity until next summer, 1000 euro deducted from college fees, 750 euro renters tax credit/rebate per person, 14,000 tax free credit if I rent a room in my house. Mortgage interest relief for landlords. Bunch more stuff too that impact families etc. Nearly free public transport for me aged 25.

I really disliked my country during the pandemic and really wanted to move to the US. I even took a trip to NYC recently. However, my own business has been expanding like crazy since the start of 2022 and the government seems to be putting its foot on the accelerator financially here too. In my list of items that I disliked about Ireland a lot of the problems are being wiped away by this government throwing this new cash into solving.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.