What's new

Real Estate Goals

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

drewjones

New Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I was shown a plan back in 1996 about how to start from virtually nothing and end up retiring within 10 to 15 years.

The idea is to keep reinvesting profits from sales, starting with the first house.

terms are 45 to 60 day turnaround from close to sold.
minimum profit = $10,000 per house
Rehab work schedule = 30 days.
On market 15 to 30 days at ((purchase price + rehab costs) * 1.5 improvement markup)

Example:
Buying Close is July 1st
$100,000 purchase price
+(plus)
$ 20,000 total rehab costs
----------------------
$120,000 total
*(multiply)
1.5 improvement markup (can be changed due to market conditions)
-----------------------------
$180,000 This is what I put it on market for. (+ or - 5,000 to 10,000. Still in profit.) The idea is to make $10,000 minimum per fixer upper. Market tells me between 165 and 200. Not every house is going to have the same profit margin, so I add these scenarios into the equation.

Lets say the house sells for $165,000 as an example. Paid off loan.

Profit on this deal $35,000 ($45,000 - misc costs involved) as an example.

Before this deal closed, i found another one that popped up. Give it 30 days to close)

October 1st, loan closes for 125,000.

$125,000 Purchase Price,
+(plus)
$35,000 Rehab costs.
---------------------------
$160,000 Total costs, more rehab work than initally planned out to be.
*(multiply)
1.4 improvement markup, this is not going as planned.
---------------------------
$224,000 Market Price
$200,000 Sells for
$30,000 Total Profit (40,000 - $10,000 misc costs.)

for this one it took 90 days to turn around. what a drag.

By December 1st or lets say, mid december I have

65,000 profit to gear up again by jan 1 or even feb 1.

Granted this based on cash only, but even if I got loans, it would move alot slower than if I had cash...that is why I give it 10 years to start a subdivision rather than 5.

So if by the end of year 1, ive already completed 2 houses with 65,000 profit.

Year 2, I complete 3 to 4 houses using the same method and rules.

Year 3, I will be able have 2 projects going at a time completing about 6 houses for the year. Profits still being reinvested. This year I am managing the crews working for me.

So on and so on....the plan is to double the number of houses a year until there is enough profit to buy land for subdivisions..

Subdivisions will take longer time to complete, though the same methods and rules in place. Start on a 5 lot subdivision and move up from there.

End result, building communities with all the mortgages and commercial leases held by the new mortgage company as well as property management company that I build up from scratch. Not to mention, the new real estate company, so i can gain commisions on everything i sell, then the points from the residential loans and commisions from all of the commercial leases that is being leased off of my land.

In about 30 years, sell it all and buy an island, if not burnt out by then, repeat process from subdivision level, adding tourism to your island.

in 50 years, either i will be dead or buying a bigger island with only me on it.

Then start from scratch.

Fsix,

O fup'v xepv zua vu vjopl zuas qutv ot hivvoph ohpusif. O sief ov, cav tuni ovint hewi ni qeati. Vjot ot opvipfif et duptvsadvowi dsovodotn.

-Ceplt esi tvsophipv up muept gus gmoqt, vjiz xup'v fu ov wisz ietomz. Vjot ot xjz jesf nupiz mipfist esi ugvip atif gus gmoqt. Vjev efft tohpogodepv dutvt.
-e juati apfis dupvsedv xomm tvomm veli 3-4 xiilt vu dmuti. Vjev efft vu zuas jumfoph dutv. Puv vu nipvoup zua esi qezoph iyvse giit up vuq ug vjev. Imidvsod, xevis, JUE, veyit, ivd ivd.
-Vu gmoq opvu vufezt nesliv ov xomm ci nadj ietois og zua caz gus qippoit up vji fummes epf timm xjumitemi.
-Vjot motv tiint moli vji nutv qutovowi uavduni. Mogi jeqqipt, tu ci siefz gus emvispevi uavdunit.

Nz gostv gmoq O jef hsepf qmept ug jahi qsugovt. Veli e muul cedl up vji gusant Gostv niivoph xovj Siem Itvevi Opwitvust
O nefi $3500. O'n puv dunqmeopoph nopf zua (neloph nupiz up nz gostv gmoq O duptofis ep uavtvepfoph tadditt), cav O jef epf tvomm jewi e muv vu miesp. Vji uvjis ipf ug vji tqidvsan upi ug vji opwitvust O xuslif xovj nefi 50l up gostv gmoq. Xju lpuxt.

-O fup'v xepv vu fotduasehi zua, epf jewi jewi wisz movvmi iyqisoipdi vu hu gsun. Veli vjot xovj e hseop ug temv.
-Ovt e wisz huuf tvesv gus e qmep...liiq vxieloph epf qisgidvoph ov, cav nutv onqusvepvmz veli edvoup. Dep O tahhitv tvesv cz muuloph ev tuni ug vji umfis vjsieft vjev fotdatt vjot wisz vuqod.

Uvjist, giim gsii vu opviskidv epf dussidv ni og O en ugg ceti.

O moli vjot qmep. Zua jewi vu ci op vji sohjv nesliv epf uas dassipv nesliv otp'v ov ONU, cav O ipkuzif siefoph vji ipf sitamv.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back