The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[redacted]

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Last edited:

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Do you have any previous experience in creating products or is this your first run?

I think in general to answer your question there would be a lot of people willing to pay $600 for a machine that acts like a 70's housewife and is ready to cook for you.

Air friers are amazing which is about is far as I know of so far in things like this. How could your machine accurately peel for me potatoes or butternut squash? This seems like a product that everyone dreams of bringing to the market but there is tons of challenges behind it and if it's your first I wish you good luck.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Do you have any previous experience in creating products or is this your first run?

I think in general to answer your question there would be a lot of people willing to pay $600 for a machine that acts like a 70's housewife and is ready to cook for you.

Air friers are amazing which is about is far as I know of so far in things like this. How could your machine accurately peel for me potatoes or butternut squash? This seems like a product that everyone dreams of bringing to the market but there is tons of challenges behind it and if it's your first I wish you good luck.
Can. There are industrial appliances which are used on a big scale and in restaurants there are machines that are peeling it - it's possible to downscale those to fit into here.

Oh, and it also washes itself. So you literally don't have to do anything, just put in the ingredients in and it'll cook and wash for you.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
You haven't invented it though so what is the purpose of your post?

Here is just one dish. Look at the ingredients. You are not going to buy those at Tesco then pop them into any drawer and get this coming out the other end.

And you know what? If I want the above and really don't fancy cooking it I would simply buy it as follows

Which is why the market for pre-cooked ready meals is rapidly expanding into almost every dish imaginable with top chefs being employed by the supermarkets to come up with the meals. The quality of them is rapidly improving too.

Dan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
By the way and to give you some credit.

You identified a problem ( a growing professional class with less time on their hands to enjoy cooking due to work) and came to a conclusion.

However the microwavable ready meal initiators saw the same problem and came up with a simpler solution.

Successful companies usually see the same problem that other companies or people see and come up with a simpler conclusion.

Your solution would be like a Heath Robinson contraption if it ever saw the light of day. (Google him as you are not British)

If you do want to look at problems and come up with a solution, ask yourself if there might be a simpler way to yourself once you have.

Dan

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
You haven't invented it though so what is the purpose of your post?

Here is just one dish. Look at the ingredients. You are not going to buy those at Tesco then pop them into any drawer and get this coming out the other end.

And you know what? If I want the above and really don't fancy cooking it I would simply buy it as follows

Which is why the market for pre-cooked ready meals is rapidly expanding into almost every dish imaginable with top chefs being employed by the supermarkets to come up with the meals. The quality of them is rapidly improving too.

Dan
Hm, I haven't thought about ready dishes, thank you.

And, wym, I have invented it. Fully.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England

Seems to be a lack of vowels so I have no idea what you are writing. If you have invented it then what did it make you for dinner tonight? And why are you not down the pub selling it as pubs right across the UK are suffering a shortage of cooks.

You know the food industry is ripe for automation?

Dan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gordon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jan 8, 2022
Hm, I haven't thought about ready dishes, thank you.

I'm dubious. What is your wall of protection, as in Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks? Have you cost it out in scale? Do you know or have a manufacturing facility in mind? How will you market it? I wouldn't even talk to you without some sort of Patent or one pending. Has it been submitted to food safety organizations and can pass all health inspections? Prove me wrong, and bring it to market, I say it will never see the light of day.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
May 9, 2021
If you look at Japanese vending machine review videos, they have a few similar products but I think most of those use some premade components (broth, noodles, fried/breaded food).

What type of market do you have in mind for an automated from-fresh food bot?
Do you know what servicing costs will be like and how many techs you'll need to hire to support them?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.