The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sharkas, my introduction !

sharkas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 5, 2015
France
Hello Fastlaners !

My name is Alexandre, I will soon be 20 years old, I am French and currently a college student in Economics-Finance.
I have registered myself some months ago, but didn't give a try to the forums, my fault, scared of some topics of guys searching some "get rich scheme". The post on Elon musk visiting the forum made me laugh about it haha.

So I have read The Millionaire Fastlane last summer, one of the first books that I read in English. I just fall in love with it. Since that, I have read a lot of books, concerning Business, Psychology.. You know, the classics.. Rich dad stuff,think big stuff, psychology biais stuff, productivity stuff, investing stuff ( intelligent investor ..)
I have also started teaching myself programming some weeks ago, planning my days, stop video-games..

So i can tell that actually, even if the changes are more inside myself that outside myself, I have learned a lot of nice things. Now i would like to start going in the action. I think that all the guys in this forum are kind of ambitious, so I will skip that part concerning myself. I can just tell that i'm not in search of get rich scheme, neither searching to do a "4 hour workweek". Hard work is not a problem for me, and I really want to start my company, not just because of money, but because of my character. I can't stand feeling out in control and not reaching my potential. My main interests concerning Business are entrepreneurship ( but i think you guessed ), computer and finance.

I am kinda bored of college, just learning economics theory, and i want to go in action concerning the business. I have many things that concern me, but I will start by reading all the stuff in this forums, and ask for your wisdom after that guys, I don't want you to lose your time.
Actually i'm stuck trying to figure a business idea. I have read a lot about it, from MJ, Paul Graham.. So now i'm looking for problems, opportunities.. I read The Economist, sometimes Business INSIDERS, trying to figure out some of them.

Well, I think I can stop here. I will be active in this forum by now, and I hope to help you and that you will kick my a$$, that's sometimes the best thing for me when my brain freeze on something :D

Wish you a good day, and god bless you ( sorry for my English, by the way ).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Welcome Alexandre, glad to have you here!

No need to apologize for your English, it's pretty good!

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
Ton anglais est pas mal mon ami.

I read Graham as well. "The Intelligent Investor" is a fantastic read for an economics student, or anyone interested in finance.

I am in a similar situation myself as a recent college grad. For me, I wanted to "just do it," meaning stick my neck out there and make it happen. I started bootstrapping multiple ventures in order to create revenue streams for later projects and to support myself (I am extremely interested in real estate in the future). These streams are not necessarily life long businesses, but then again, maybe they are. Aside from making a nice profit for a 23 year old, I have learned multiple lessons that will help in my future business career.

Whether good advice or bad, someone once told me that if you wait around for "that" business idea, that is all you will be doing, waiting. I still haven't had "that" business idea yet, but I keep my eyes and ears open. I am not feverishly looking for it either. I got out in the world and started making things happen where I saw opportunities. I'm not moving as fast as I would like, but I am moving, and I will get to my desired speed. In the process, I feel that opportunities simply come to me - but as long as I am cognizant of them. I think many other people here can attest to that as well.

Tu es prêt. Je pense que le secret est de commencer. Mais a chacun le sien.

sharkas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 5, 2015
France
Thanks you guys ! @Elon's Musk thanks for your advice man, i think that I need to dig and find an industry that I like, focus in a niche with a problem, and extend from that. Have you read that essay, about startup idea ? http://paulgraham.com/startupideas.html
Real Estate is very interesting indeed, specially rental property for a young guy wanting to build his asset value. Unfortunately, not a lot of content about that in France, but i'll give a try to English books. Have you some good books on the subject to recommend me ?

I'm happy to be part of this community, have a nice day !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
@sharkas Thanks for sharing the essay, very interesting read. When you find an industry you like and are knowledgable in, the ideas flow; as long as you don't force them. Curiosity plays a big role as well. The essay only reinforces that.

I don't have any specific books I can recommend on real estate. For the past three years, I've been devouring any book remotely related to entrepreneurship. I'm currently reading "Start with Why" by Simon Sinek, who also has a TED Talk related to the book. It's all about the "Why" behind the ideas that start companies. That being said, I devote a portion of my every day routine to reading up on real estate online. I also check listings, both domestic and foreign. I have friends in the field, so I am learning as much as I can before jumping in. If anyone knows of any good real estate investing books, I am also very interested!

Lol, as I was about to submit this I took one more glance at your previous response.
Problem: Lack of real estate literature in France
Solution:?

There are a million problems out there and a million and one solutions! You never know when inspiration can strike and lead to a business!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...