The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I start a personal brand

Idea threads

leotheperegrine

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 4, 2023
I'm currently developping a SaaS. I'm making it completely by myself (I don't have enough money to hire freelancers since I'm in high school and I don't have a job).

I think I will be able to finish my product by the end of this year.

I have been thinking about how I can market the product, and have a few strategies in mind (mostly through organic growth and not ads).

One that comes to mind is to develop a personal brand. If I start doing this now, I think it could be a good long-term decision. Although, by the end of the year, I wouldn't have too many people following me who would want to use my SaaS, it would be beneficial for products and services I would want to sell in a year, 2 years, or even 5 year's time, for example.

Should I invest some time into building a personal brand, or should I keep spending 100 percent of my time on building my Saas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Dec 5, 2020
I would build your saas first and start building a personal brand when you have time and cash to spare. Focus on the product and revenue first.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Start talking online while building your product? Peers and/or potential customers may start following, depending on how you do it.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Start talking online while building your product? Peers and/or potential customers may start following, depending on how you do it.
This. There are so many so-called "indie hackers" (hate the name, but whatever) on Twitter building in public, a.k.a. sharing their progress. Some started with just a couple hundred followers, and now they've got thousands, all by building in public. I wish I had done this myself earlier.

luyang

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 22, 2023
This. There are so many so-called "indie hackers" (hate the name, but whatever) on Twitter building in public, a.k.a. sharing their progress. Some started with just a couple hundred followers, and now they've got thousands, all by building in public. I wish I had done this myself earlier.
你的建议也帮到了我,非常感谢,我开发app已经有两个月,但是最近在学习新技术用来开发某项功能,然后一边兼职工作一边学习,我想我可以早点公开建造自己的社交账号公开进度。非常感谢你的提醒

Your suggestion also helped me, thank you very much, I have been developing the app for two months, but recently I was learning new technology to develop a certain feature, and then learning while working part-time, I think I can make my social account public progress earlier. Thank you very much for the reminder

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I prefer "help in public" to "build in public", but whatever works for you. Just start.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.