The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Simple In-Home Workout Program (30-45 minutes to complete)

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I’ve been testing a workout program that I made up (there might be similar workouts out there, I don’t know). I decided to share it with you because it has helped keep my fitness level where I want it to be without much time commitment or stress on the body.

My background: I was a track & field athlete for nine years. I was a scholarship athlete at Louisiana State University and learned what it takes to be in peak physical and mental shape. Throughout college I became certificated track & field coaching (sprint/hurdles) and coached track after graduating.

I’ve tested different workouts after my track career. I did bodybuilding programs where I gained 20+ pounds. I did Insanity just to see if it works and if I could slim back down to my running days (it works perfectly if you follow the program exactly as prescribed). I did Formula 50 a few times which is by far my favorite workout program because I was shredded with lean muscle and had decent size.

After moving to Florida, I decided to create my own workout with some basic body weight exercises:

Pull ups, pushups, rows, abs (and core, lower back, etc.), and running.

The purpose of this workout program is to stay fit and maintain a lean, muscular body. This won’t help you if you want to bulk up and add size. It will help you if you want to slim down and have defined, toned muscles throughout your body.

I’ve found that my endurance is way up, I have solid strength, and I enjoy the quick workout sessions that I can do at my own house. I’ve been doing this workout program for the past 3 months and my body looks amazing, feels great, and energized.

*Important: I do follow a strict meal plan which contributes to my results. If you want to look and feel great, then you have to take action by being active AND making the best choices about what food/drink you put into your body.

You’ll need to get a pull up bar and some resistance bands or dumbbells. And, a decent pair of running shoes.

Here’s the workout plan (the process)

Every other day do these series of exercises

- Abs to warm up
- Pull ups
- Pushups
- Abs
- Bent over rows (using resistance band or dumbbells)
- Abs/core/lower back
- Repeat to equal 3 total sets
- At the end, one set of dips and shoulder exercise

Depending on how many reps you can do for each, you should be able to finish this in 30-45 minutes.

I currently do (total reps) 400-500 abs, 45-60 pull ups, 150-180 pushups, 150-180 rows, lower back exercises to equal 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 ratio with my abs, and a few core exercises. I change up the exercise positions too. For instance, I will do some pushups wide, regular, and close.

When you’re just starting out, do what you can and build up to more reps. Start with 50 abs, 5 pull ups, and 20 pushups, etc. You’ll get stronger and you’ll be able to add more workload and get the results you want.

Then, either on your days off or the same day as your workout, run for 20-40 minutes. This ends up being 4 days a week of working out, or 7 days a week with alternating days. Start with continuous runs at one set pace, then work up to dynamic runs where you change the pace from fast to slow (3 min hard, 1 min easy… repeating to reach the 20-40 minute total time).

Depending on what your goals are, I recommend taking at least one day off a week. Sometimes I’ll wait two days in between the workout instead of every other day or skip a running day.

Some things missing from this workout: emphasis on shoulders, isolating muscles (biceps, triceps, etc.), and legs (which I figure the running is enough to keep it simple). You can add whatever you want to the workout or change things around. My goal is to stay active without putting much stress on my body.

There’s not much else to this workout program. It’s probably something worth doing when you’re traveling or want to get away from lifting weights for a while.

A good 3-4 months is a good amount of time to get fit from your own body weight exercises. If you're a beginner, then this will be a great way to start getting used to being active.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MikeRaymond

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Feb 15, 2015
I'm quite young and have very little responsibilities, I do Thai boxing 4 days a week.

I've done it since I was young, it keeps me fit and makes me happy when I do it!

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Mar 30, 2014

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
Good info, thanks for sharing!

I do follow a strict meal plan which contributes to my results.

Could you elaborate a bit on this as well?

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Mar 30, 2014
Double post

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
You can monetize this my friend. You can take a look at examples : www.neilarey.com ( this is non profit ) / http://stronglifts.com/5x5/ ( very famous )

I will consider this. Strong lifts is on my list of workouts to "test" because it seems like a solid program. I've never heard of neilarey.com, but it has some quality information about working out. I will def look more into this. Thanks!

I'm quite young and have very little responsibilities, I do Thai boxing 4 days a week.

I've done it since I was young, it keeps me fit and makes me happy when I do it!

Nice, anything that keeps you active and fit is a great thing.

I invested in one of these http://www.sierraexercise.com/ I use it whenever it I cant get to the gym.

Pretty high quality stuff too.

I bought a cheap set of resistance bands at Walmart. I like the hook design. It'd make it easy to change switch between different size bands. Thanks for sharing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Good info, thanks for sharing!

Could you elaborate a bit on this as well?

Yes.

A few things about nutrition/diet: I've tried many different combinations of meal plans, snacks, and supplements since I began my track & field career. When I got to LSU, they had nutritionists specifically for athletes to help them better perform in their sports. I spent many years working with them to give me the best fuel for my body. Everyone is different so you'll have to test things out until you get a combination that works.

I try to keep everything as simple as possible nowadays. I used to eat 6-8 meals, knew exactly how many calories I was consuming throughout the day, and planning/preparing some of the meals was time consuming.

I currently stick to a meal plan that's derived from Formula 50 (you'd have to get the book to read over the meal plan that's recommended).
You have 4 meals throughout the day and focus on having protein, fat (good fats), and fiber within each meal.

An example of my meals today:
Breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon strips, high fiber Kashi waffles, 1 banana, and 16 ounces of water.
Lunch - On a high fiber wrap (turkey lunch meat, cheese, lettuce, olives, banana peppers), sun chips, cheese stick, and a banana.
Dinner (I'll eat this soon) - grilled chicken breasts, vegetables, sweet potato, and beans.
Snack - Greek yogurt mixed with blueberries and walnuts/peanuts.
Post workout (not really a meal) - protein shake and Gatorade.

I consistently drink water throughout the day and sometimes add snacks, such as: raw almonds, protein shakes, and various fruits/vegetables.

I stay away from foods that are loaded with carbs or that have tons of sugar in them. These kinds of foods are the ones that'll sap your energy (giving you highs and lows) and add unwanted fat to your body.

I end up eating very similar meals every other day. I consistently rotate the main meals that I eat because I don't have to think about anything... I just eat what works for me and then I get back to work.

You can send me a PM and I'll send you a document of my weekly/daily meals.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.