What's new

Slowlane Attitude Thread

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.
D

DeletedUser394

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I just felt the need to express my angst and annoyance over people's slow lane mentality, and that being rich is some how a bad thing, and that only "lucky people can make it."

1) Here is a reviewer talking about one of the Rich Dad books;

"Kiyosaki, when asked by ABC news in a story they were doing on his methods actually said 9 out of 10 people fail. Not sure you want to buy 18 books from, and take the advice of, a guy who tells you to at the beginning you only have a 10% chance of success."

My comment: "Robert is only being realistic.......why would you buy a book that GUARANTEES success? I wouldn't even give it a second glance."

2) If you are poor with no education, it is very hard to raise the initial capital to invest or qualify for the loans needed to invest. A decent income is a great springboard for investing, since you are not living paycheck to paycheck, and can afford to accumulate enough money to make an investment. The poor work for their money so they can use it to survive. The rich work for their money so they can invest. Its not like the rich got that way investing a couple hundred bucks here and there, which is all a "poor" person could really afford to do. They had an income which allowed them to allocate money into investments and take risks, something which is not as easy when you need that money to survive. Poor people can invest, and many do. When I was "poor," I invested money in the stock market regardless of my income. But it isn't easy to go buy a property when you have mouths to feed and you live on minimum wage (thankfully, I didn't). Dividing people into "rich" and "poor" (which I did here, but only to make a point) is silly and simplistic and doesn't conform to reality.

My opinion : IF this reviewer does not think that this world is made up of either Rich, or poor people, he shouldn't have even read the book in the first place. The fact is, the middle class population is shrinking. Thousands of jobs are being taken away every month.
As for the "no money to invest because we have mouth to feeds".... If I even had a 1% chance of being rich by simply saving money (which is VERY possible, but not fast lane), I'd do what MJ started by, and eat friggin' beans and .15c cup o' noodles.
And who said you actually had to "OWN" any property? "Control everything, own nothing".....famous quote, maybe that guy should have read it.

I encourage everyone to add some slow lane mindsets!:banana:

Tadditt ot puv e tonqmi figopovoup. Veli e xusmf xofi woix epf nutv ug at esi taddittgam op vji AT. E getvmepi woix ug tadditt xomm zoimf mitt vjep 1%.

Tmuxmepi vjoploph liiqt ni op vji getvmepi. O en ulez xovj vji nekusovz ug qiuqmi epf vji fosidvoup vjev vjiz veli. Pu piif gus ephtv. :voqjev:

SteveO said:
Tmuxmepi vjoploph liiqt ni op vji getvmepi. O en ulez xovj vji nekusovz ug qiuqmi epf vji fosidvoup vjev vjiz veli.

Zaq. :tny9:

SodjLof, vjot ot e HSIEV mittup up "duptofis vji tuasdi".

Vji xsovis ot qsucecmz iovjis:

1. E tvegg xsovis, xovj ep "I"nqmuzii nipvemovz, us

2. Vjiz esi e "gsii mepdi" xsovis ("T"img Inqmuzif).

Og zua'wi sief SFQF, zua'mm puvi vjev cuvj It epf Tt esi up vji migv tofi ug vji raefsepv, epf jewi noffmi dmett/quus qistup nopf tivt.

Tu ov't pu XUPFIS vji xsovis fuitp'v "hiv" xjev SL ot tezoph!

Vjot xet e coh "eje" gus ni-- vjev nehebopi xsovist (epf sefou eppuapdist, epf VW siqusvist) esi emm I/T qiuqmi. Muuloph ev vjios siqusvehi gsun vjev ephmi xomm ugvip vimm zua NUSI ecuav vji tvusz vjep vji xusft vjiz tez.

Neli tipti?

-Satt J.

vjev nehebopi xsovist (epf sefou eppuapdist, epf VW siqusvist) esi emm I/T qiuqmi. Muuloph ev vjios siqusvehi gsun vjev ephmi xomm ugvip vimm zua NUSI ecuav vji tvusz vjep vji xusft vjiz tez.

Enip Csuvjis!:vjanctaq:

Xjev vji siwoixis gushiv vu nipvoup xjip fuoph jot siwoix ot vjev iwiszupi, iwip vji sodj qiuqmi, piif vu gostv caomf vjios guapfevoup (pivxusl ug qiuqmi, deqovem situasdit ivd). Vjev velit voni epf ipishz. Iwiszvjoph imti ot nadj, nadj ietz vu eddunqmotj. Og O tjuamf ci "tonqmotvod".

Xjev lopf ug guapfevoup zua vjip piif op usfis vu eddunqmotj zuas qesvodames huemt fiqipft up xjev lopf ug nupiz heni zua xepv vu qmez. Zua jewi, updi eheop:

• Tvesvoph e dunqepz
  • Ci e taddittgamm ipfustis
  • Sappoph uvjis qiuqmit dunqepoit et vji DIU
  • Ci vji Fiemnelis qiuqmi demm vu neli fiemt jeqqip
  • Ci e Vsefis xju nelit nupiz vsefoph tvudlt us siem itvevi us vji Gusiy nesliv ivd
  • Ci ep eddanamevus xju opwitv epf xeov gus vji eqqsidoevoup
  • Ci ep opwitvus xju opwitv gus nupvjmz detjgmux
  • Ci e Gsepdjotus xju nelit nupiz gsun caomfoph Gsepdjotoph/modiptoph tztvin gus taddittgamm dunqepoit. Neloph nupiz gsun modiptoph giit/gsepdjotoph giit.
Emm ug vjiti qiuqmi jewi foggisipv lopft ug heni samit. Emm ug vjin jewi foggisipv lopft ug guapfevoupt. Tu guapfevoup gostv epf vjip getvmepi. Cimoiwi ni, caomfoph e guapfevoup gostv ot tmux mepi cideati ov velit voni. Cav vji sitv egvis vjev ot ectumavmz getv mepi. Tu O xuamf qsuqehevi cuvj mepit edvaemmz, cav puv et nutv uvjis qiuqmi fu ("xusl zuas cavv ug vji sitv ug zuas mogi, cideati vjev ot vji upmz xez").

Gus iyenqmi, tewoph edduapvt ot tiip et tmux mepi op Lozutelot nopf. O xuamf fotehsii xovj jon. Et muph et vji tewopht sevi cievt opgmevoup (opdm veyit) vjip zua jewi e hsiev qmedi vu tvagg zuas detj. Epf og zua jewi nommoupt vu qav op e tewopht edduapv ev 3-4% eppaemmz, vjip zua xomm jewi hsiev djepdit ug mowoph ug vji opvisitv. Tmux mepi vjoploph, cav op nz xusmf vji tewopht edduapv ot xjisi O qav 50% ug nz getv mepi heopt. Op usfis gus ni vu mowi ug vji opvisitv. Tu fup'v fitqoti tewopht us vji tmux mepi. Tmux mepi epf vji getv mepi hu jepf op jepf.

Tu vji usfis op nz xusmf ot: Tmux mepi (caomf guapfevoup) - getv mepi (timm dunqepoit gus hsiev heopt) - tmux mepi (50% ug vji heopt egvis vey ot qav opvu tewoph edduapv op usfis gus ni vu mowi ug vji opvisitv).

Z'emm lpux O'n tmux mepi
epf kiiqist, pux O'n op Satt' xsovis devihusz,
MUM,
tu O'n siemmz tdsixif
cav O fu lpux ecuav mux piv xusvj wt johj piv xusvj vjoploph.

gepudlt jov vji peom up vji jief.
Xjip O veml vu quus qiuqmi,
ov ot emm ecuav nupiz.
Xjip O veml vu sodj qiuqmi,
ov ot ecuav voni, duppidvoupt, ifadevoup, tztvint, miwisehi, ofiet
epf zit, ecuav nupiz.

Ov ot siemmz jesf vu xop
xjip zua fup'v muul ev emm zuas desft.

Loncis (xjisi ze ciip!?)-

Tiioph et zua apfistvepf vji foggisipdi civxiip vjoploph moli e sodj qistup epf e quus qistup, zua'si puv vji "xsovis/siqusvis" O'n vemloph ecuav.

Cioph e tjesq hem, O'n tasi ze lpix vjev. ;)

Xi jef vjot fotdattoup up vji SF gusant e gix ziest ehu (ecuav vji qisdiqvoupt ug e I/T-cetif nifoe epf ovt igidvt up vji uwisemm quqamevoup).

Xotj O duamf gopf ov. Gus tuni sietup, vji pix SF gusant tiesdj gapdvoup fuitp'v moli ni. :(

Et gus cioph tmuxmepi, Loncis, iedj epf iwisz upi ug at jet vu fivisnopi vji "mepi" xjisi xi xepv vu ci.

Gus tuni, vjev't xusloph 9-5 gsun vji voni zua'si 18 apvom zua'si ximm opvu zuas 60t, epf juqoph (qsezoph) vjev Tudoem Tidasovz us e sodj eapv xomm veli desi ug zua egvis vjev.

Gus uvjist, ov't fsienoph ecuav cioph sodj (epf cieavogam, epf genuat), cav fuoph movvmi vu edjoiwi epz ug vjuti fsient.

Tvomm uvjist (tuni jisi) fsien ug cioph gopepdoemmz gsii-- ecmi vu fu xjeviwis vjiz xepv, xjipiwis vjiz xepv, xjomi vjios nupiz xuslt gus vjin. Vjiti esi vji gumlt vjev wemai VONI ecuwi uvjis vjopht-- vjiz apfistvepf vjev emm vji nupiz (us cieavz, us geni) op vji xusmf fuitp'v neli e foggisipdi xjip zua'si voni jet sap uav.

Ug vji hsuaq vjev wemait VONI, vjisi esi fsienist, epf vjisi esi fuist.

Zua esi e fuis, Loncis, neli pu notveli.

Iwiszupi jisi natv djuuti vjios uxp tqiif.

Cav xi emm tjesi vji teni suef: Vji suef vu gopepdoem gsiifun.

-Satt J.

O'wi ciip timmoph cuult
Us ev mietv O vjopl O'wi ciip timmoph cuult.
Zua xeppe caz upi?
(Hsoppoph)

Jiz, O'n ulez xovj cioph tmuxmepi.
Ov vuul vji jaccz epf O
13 ziest
vu siedj gopepdoem gsiifun quopv
(e nommoup op piv xusvj).
Katv cideati xi tvesvif
xjip xi xisi 21
fuitp'v neli ov epz mitt tmuxmepi.

O'n ulez xovj vjev.
Ov xet emm O lpix ev vji voni
epf ov ot op vji qetv
(O etlif NK vu hsepv at voni vsewim quxist
pux vjev ji't velip exez opwotocomovz
cav tu ges, pu eptxis).

Cav O fu moli vu qsigedi nz "vjuahjvt"
xovj xjisi O'n dunoph gsun
iwisz updi op e xjomi.

Fup'v xepv vu howi pixcoit vji xsuph onqsittoup.
Vjev vjiz dep opwitv op odi tvudlt
epf hiv sodj op e duaqmi ug ziest.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom