The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So you want to move to Scottsdale?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I've been out here for a year now after moving from Michigan. I've gotten used to the heat. Just feels like a heat lamp is next to you. it's not humid although it feels like your skin is cooking a little.

Moved to Scottsdale for the first 6 months. Nice if you like going out and being walking distance from stuff.

Now I live in Arcadia. 10-15 min away so stuff isn't walking distance really anymore. Ubers add up.

Just want to reiterate that there is no formal fastlane club out here. I was told that when I first decided to move as well. so don't expect a weekly meet up or anything.

however you can meet other fastlaners if you provide value and put in the effort.
It was nice taking your money at poker the other night. :mooned:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
Picture this: you just moved down to Scottsdale. Your coolant tank in your car explodes and you have no AC in your car. Then, the AC in your apartment short circuits and you have no AC in your apartment.

It is 120 degrees outside.

Welcome to my life.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Picture this: you just moved down to Scottsdale. Your coolant tank in your car explodes and you have no AC in your car. Then, the AC in your apartment short circuits and you have no AC in your apartment.

Welcome to my life.
Man that's tough. I feel for ya. This is our third summer here. The first summer we had a SUV that had no AC. 3 months of driving around in 100+ degrees.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Welcome to my life.

When I first moved here and this happened at my condo complex, I would go to the movies all day and watch 2-3 movies and come back at night.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
I was just in Scottsdale two weeks ago. I am planning to visit one more time before I move hopefully during the summit event assuming it will be in Feb.

The heat didn't bother me. It was like 110 the first day which was a little hotter than I'm used too and the other days were like 104. Completely tolerable IMO. I would compare 110 in Scottsdale to like 95 in So FL, maybe even slightly more comfortable. It was slightly interesting driving with the windows down at 9pm and its 103 out and it feels ridiculous.

I see it was 120 there this weekend. That would have been interesting to experience.

Absolutely love Scottsdale so far and Arizona in general.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Last edited:

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
http://visitdunedinfl.com/video2.php#

Scroll down to the first webcam.

There's a lot of upsides to Scottsdale, but there's literally no intellectually honest comparison between Florida and Arizona when it's 117 in Arizona.

There's a lot of upsides to Scottsdale, but there's literally no intellectually honest comparison between Florida and Arizona when it's 117 in Arizona.

Both places are very hot in the summer, but in all honest the heat doesn't bother me. I will take wicked hot summers all day and beautiful the rest of the 8-9 months over 6-8 months of shit weather in the NE :)

As long as you stay properly hydrated and wear your sunscreen all is well in either place IMO.

Did you once live in Scottsdale?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Both places are very hot in the summer, but in all honest the heat doesn't bother me. I will take wicked hot summers all day and beautiful the rest of the 8-9 months over 6-8 months of shit weather in the NE :)

As long as you stay properly hydrated and wear your sunscreen all is well in either place IMO.

Did you once live in Scottsdale?

We have vacationed in Scottsdale and been there many times. In fact, a few years ago we had a rental there for a month in February. February in Scottsdale is absolutely beautiful.

I would definitely live in Scottsdale for February and possibly March. Outside of that, the Florida gulf coast all the way down to the Florida Keys is the closest thing I have come to replicating Hawaii without being on Hawaii.

Make enough money that you can be wherever you want whenever you want.

Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
We have vacationed in Scottsdale and been there many times. In fact, a few years ago we had a rental there for a month in February. February in Scottsdale is absolutely beautiful.

I would definitely live in Scottsdale for February and possibly March. Outside of that, the Florida gulf coast all the way down to the Florida Keys is the closest thing I have come to replicating Hawaii without being on Hawaii.

Make enough money that you can be wherever you want whenever you want.

Love that quote.

I was just thinking about this thread the other day, if you're (as in anybody, not directly Vigilante I'm speaking too here) saying summer in Arizona is too hot, where could you "summer" easily from Arizona?

It's a "what color Ferrari should I buy" kinda question from me, but I am genuinely curious.

I'm not even sure if I'd find 110-120f too hot myself, I've played tennis in 113-115f heat before in Italy .

Last edited:

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011

Sure there is. Lets take somewhere like Clearwater. Right now you are looking at 70+% humidity everyday with temps at about 90. That to me is worse weather in comparison. The big downside is that you get no reprieve. At night it drops only to the high 70s while still being very humid. Then the daily thunderstorms.

100+ degree will always be hot. The same as 70% humidity will always be awful and draining.

Say you live in Phoenix and want a bit of a break, take a couple hour drive to the mountains like Flagstaff and have much different temps. In FL if you want a big of a change you can take a quick trip to....I dunno, Virginia to get a different climate? :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Oh and I've never had In-N-Out so you already know that's gonna be my first meal when I arrive lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I was just in Louisiana for a few months where you're living in a sauna for no reason (no beaches, no mountains...definitely swamps).

41e51ba8409176ee75635352c6f370c4c65d3affe824ad8aff86745a70a08611.jpg

Back in Florida (just north of Tampa) now and loving it.

I'm thinking Scottsdale in the fall. If anyone's interested, let's make this happen.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I was just in Louisiana for a few months where you're living in a sauna for no reason (no beaches, no mountains...definitely swamps).

41e51ba8409176ee75635352c6f370c4c65d3affe824ad8aff86745a70a08611.jpg

Back in Florida (just north of Tampa) now and loving it.

I'm thinking Scottsdale in the fall. If anyone's interested, let's make this happen.

Jamie.

You are not tied down. You can be anywhere you want to be. Look at what specifically @JasonR has done. I am not saying go international, but if you want to be in Scottsdale in February and Tampa in November, you could.

To anyone in the Scottsdale area looking for a roomie, I'd vouch for Jamie. He would fit into one of the incubator roommate things if anything like that is still happening.

Sidebar to Jamie. Some of these guys like hot tubs. Too much. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but there's literally no intellectually honest comparison between Florida and Arizona when it's 117 in Arizona.

I'm being intellectually honest based on experience in both. Suffocating vs being under a hair dryer is no comparison.

Now if we revisit this conversation in August when humidity rolls into AZ for Monsoons, then yea, time to GTFO.

where could you "summer" easily from Arizona?

It's a few hours to Flagstaff -- you might get upper 90's there (but dry), less than two hours to Sedona, Payson, Prescott-- those will lower 100's, but still dry. San Diego I believe is 6 hours away. Or 1 hour flights to CO, CA. In the end after 20+ years in both regions, Ill take 105 and dry any day over 87 and humidity.

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
It was nice taking your money at poker the other night. :mooned:

whoa whoa whoa. I was up $16 and won the very last side bet game.

the two guys to my right on the other hand....

and you doubted my GUTS

G

GuestUser450

AZ pro tip: good undershirts. I wear the uniqlo airism ones almost everyday; file under: things you get excited about when you get older.

Also, we've become semi-sunbirds and head up to seal beach area for most of july to take the edge off. But it's hard to complain about the 2-3 months of heat when we get the other 9 months of great weather+minimal BS.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
In the interest of full disclosure we're likely to be in Arizona for a few weeks in February timed around the next meet up.

Last edited:

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
You are not tied down. You can be anywhere you want to be. Look at what specifically @JasonR has done. I am not saying go international, but if you want to be in Scottsdale in February and Tampa in November, you could.
You're right.

My business was growing when I was in Louisiana, and it's still growing now. I just got a new shipment of products today too. ;)

To anyone in the Scottsdale area looking for a roomie, I'd vouch for Jamie. He would fit into one of the incubator roommate things if anything like that is still happening.
Thanks @Vigilante

Some of these guys like hot tubs. Too much. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
:eek:

With all this Scottsdale hype, it's important to note that I've wanted to live in Arizona from the time I can remember. I've been there multiple times and even considered going to ASU to run track, but chose LSU instead.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
I was just thinking about this thread the other day, if you're (as in anybody, not directly Vigilante I'm speaking too here) saying summer in Arizona is too hot, where could you "summer" easily from Arizona?

Besides the places nearer by like Flagstaff, If willing to spend an entire day driving, you're within reach of Bend, Oregon, the mountains of Colorado and northern NM...lots of choices :)

The Duc

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
May 18, 2014
AZ
Haha you guys crack me up. It's like you're arguing over whether it's worse to get kicked in the balls or punched in the throat.

I grew up in AZ and you will never catch me there in June, July or August. NEVER. I'd much rather suffer as a refugee somewhere with a beach.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
I would move ASAP there, but I have University and a girlfriend holding me down.
Sucks man.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Haha you guys crack me up. It's like you're arguing over whether it's worse to get kicked in the balls or punched in the throat.
Could it be that some people like the desert? I moved here from San Diego. What a shocker!

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
It's not a big deal compared to 95 and humidity. Ten minutes in that crap and you have to change your drenched clothes.

This.

Being in Bali made me never complain about being "hot" again. Every time I walked outside there, there was a puddle under me. I had to constantly jump in the pool just to attempt to confuse myself from realizing I was drenched in sweat 24/7.

doinkdedoink

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 14, 2016
USA
This was a pretty entertaining thread, read it from beginning to end, lol. Oddly enough this is my first post even though I've been spending probably 5+ hours a day on here since I signed up last week.

Last year I spent 3 months (July-Sept) in Scottsdale and it was humid as hell, everyone is saying dry heat but it was miserable at times. I'd go out on my balcony and be sweaty/sticky in a few minutes. I'm from the bay area so I'm used to different heat but I also lived in Hawaii for 3 years, was humid but not as bad as Scottsdale. It wasn't the heat that killed me, that I could live with, but just that damn humidity. I spent a year in Iraq, AZ heat was nothing compared to that, but I'd still rather spend a summer in Iraq then AZ! AZ felt like a blowdryer in your face while sitting in a sauna, while Iraq was more like letting your oven heat up to 450 and opening it up on your face. I'd walk a 1/4 mile in AZ to the store in shorts/t-shirt and have some major swamp a$$ while feeling suffocated/sticky as hell, but could walk 12 miles in Iraq wearing full combat gear (Boots/Pants/Jacket/Helmet/Gloves/75+ LB's of other gear) and just be sweating my a$$ off, could still breath though, lol.

As you can tell, I am not a fan of the Scottsdale weather, I was always told it is dry heat but I don't know maybe I was just there at a bad time? Other then that it was beautiful though. Everything seemed new, the roads were very nice and clean, and you pretty much have everything you'd ever want to do in a very close proximity.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
This was a pretty entertaining thread, read it from beginning to end, lol. Oddly enough this is my first post even though I've been spending probably 5+ hours a day on here since I signed up last week.

Last year I spent 3 months (July-Sept) in Scottsdale and it was humid as hell, everyone is saying dry heat but it was miserable at times. I'd go out on my balcony and be sweaty/sticky in a few minutes. I'm from the bay area so I'm used to different heat but I also lived in Hawaii for 3 years, was humid but not as bad as Scottsdale. It wasn't the heat that killed me, that I could live with, but just that damn humidity. I spent a year in Iraq, AZ heat was nothing compared to that, but I'd still rather spend a summer in Iraq then AZ! AZ felt like a blowdryer in your face while sitting in a sauna, while Iraq was more like letting your oven heat up to 450 and opening it up on your face. I'd walk a 1/4 mile in AZ to the store in shorts/t-shirt and have some major swamp a$$ while feeling suffocated/sticky as hell, but could walk 12 miles in Iraq wearing full combat gear (Boots/Pants/Jacket/Helmet/Gloves/75+ LB's of other gear) and just be sweating my a$$ off, could still breath though, lol.

As you can tell, I am not a fan of the Scottsdale weather, I was always told it is dry heat but I don't know maybe I was just there at a bad time? Other then that it was beautiful though. Everything seemed new, the roads were very nice and clean, and you pretty much have everything you'd ever want to do in a very close proximity.
Excellent first post. Welcome to the forum!

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011

I grew up in AZ and you will never catch me there in June, July or August. NEVER. I'd much rather suffer as a refugee somewhere with a beach.

You grew up in AZ...yet still do that thing people that dont know AZ do and assume the entire state is just desert?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.