The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Sport coaching / Dieting

Idea threads

Under The Stairs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 2, 2023
Hello all,

A few days ago i went to a tread on the forum: "Don't lurk, do this instead" - Written by @Andy Black. It was a post about lurking and about trying to get out of it. One of the things I mentioned was that I'm afraid to fail, probably due to past experience but mostly due to comfort. Yet the last weeks/months there has been something brewing, that has taken me over and slowly i'm trying to express it and build something within the very segregated world of Coaching / Dieting.

TLDR: Business idea: Application + website on general health and sport with build in habit / food tracker + sports plans.
Monthly fee for usage, coaching, replying depending on packages.

Why:
We all know you should not always "just follow passion" but let me still take you into my world:
- I'm 27 years old and besides a business degree and a 7 year sales career in International business, I got 0.0 experience in owning / building or trying a business. I am however very strong in people management, communication, analysis and numbers.
- I've been training / dieting for about 15 years of my life in various sports (Football, boxing, bodybuilding, running, tennis,...). It allows me a broad range of expertise.
- The health / food / fitness / sport industry is an industry that should be helpful, should benefit people and should be accessible, but is filled with guru's, garbage and giga expensive PDF files with a bunch of nonsense. There is tons of opportunity here, albeit you have to get trough the noise.
- We all know health can not be bought, not by me, not by a billionaire. All we can do is living life in a way that benefits our longevity, health and mental fortitude.
- I believe there is still a hole in the market that needs to be filled (more further down).

Opportunity:
- More people than ever are concerned with their health, not just looking fit, but mostly feeling fit.
- There is more obesity than ever before
- Mental issues are the highest it's ever been in Western Europe + America, physical health has a direct correlation to this.
- A lot of misconceptions are widely spread, opportunity lies in debunking those and providing quality information
- Scalability: This day you can coach / assist people anywhere in the world as long as they have a phone / internet connection
- Reach: Due to the internet area, with the correct digital marketing, reaching people everywhere is possible
- There will be no specific limit on age group, broader spectrum of people that I could help.

Treats:
- The industry of sport / fitness and health is very segregated, lots of competition and many people trying to be the next big thing.
- Lack in skill for developing / marketing from myself
- Guru's vs truth
- Find a way to be balance advice / training with actual value.

The idea:
- Application on the phone - connected with a website that can also be used (accessibility).
- No focus on pure fitness, allowing people to chose what their goals will be (Diet, general health, endurance, condition, weight loss,...)
- Build in diet plans that can be readjusted - customer can flag things they might not like - get a list and get other options
- Build in calculator for macro's, micro's, vitamins and kcal. (Like my fitness pal but within the application and with more focus on the health part: zinc, magnesium,...)
- Build-in schedules for variety of sports (Bodybuilding, general fitness, powerlifting, endurance, running, football,...)
- Direct messaging contact to discuss everything
- Follow-up check ins with the coach / coaches (who can than directly advice, adjust and assist for further improvements).
- Small video's attached within the app that shows how exercises should be done / explanation included (example: hearth rate running - run 10" at 145 hearth rate + reason)
- Let everyone decide how far they want to go - no obligations, customer journey will be decided by themselves.

Why this?:
- An application has further reach and is easier accessible.
- The cost: opening a gym or finding a place with enough place to be able to host all of this would be very expensive.
- It puts the freedom in the power of the customer - I'm merely an advisor and assistant - there is no pressure being in a place with multiple different people that do different sports. The app would assist you in enhancing what you want but does not limit your own execution.
- I'm a great communicator, assisting people via WhatsApp / in message chat or even phone calls is right in my wheelhouse. I'm great at supporting and coaching and due to it being "online" the barrier of entry is a lot lower for most people.

Problems:
- Developing: I got 0 experience coding or developing an application / website.
- Digital marketing: I got no social media accounts that are highly active (i use social media only for close friends / family) meaning I got no off-set market. I will need to do marketing, preferably digital which i have again 0 experience in.
- Segregation: I've already mentioned it a few times - this market is very full of people, standing out and adding further value will be difficult. I will have to change people's perspective on what health / sport actually is and can mean for an individual.
- Duration: getting all this information in an app would take a ridiculous amount of time even fore 1 sport, I will need days and weeks to write everything + modify it correctly.
- Video shooting: I could add all the video's myself with how to do everything as I am active in a various range of sports but again no experience.
- Scaling: While the scale is infinite, i'm 1 man with experience in a dozen sports. If I want to reach more people in the future I would need people that have experience in that specific area - although it has to be worth it (I know people like darts, but that aint a sport).

Plan of action:
- Development: Either I need to find a course in development or I will have to partner up with someone that could design websites and develop an app. Of course this either would cost a lot of money, which would not be ideal or could be solved by a contract (get x% revenue for x-amount time for x-amount customers).
- Digital marketing: I think this would be more feasible to learn myself - I can follow online courses and learn how to do it. If anyone has recommended websites, I highly value that.
- Start writing exercises with explanations included in multiple languages (dutch, english, french, spanish) this allows further market range (i speak all those languages).
- Video shooting: Try some videoshooting during my own training, verify this quality and ask for opinions in close circles - balance it vs other content to hone the skill.
- Trajectory: create an on-board plan, how are we starting, what country, with what sports and make the app accessible early - add more content throughout weeks + months.

This is a lot of information and I wish to thank anyone that read through it - I'd like to get feedback on this idea and my planning. I do not mind harsh feedback, I can not learn nor develop without people with more experience critiquing me. I also understand that everyone's time is worth money, therefor I do not expect people to simply hand me fresh ideas without a transactional value.

I am willing to trade my experience / time in the following fields with any of yours regarding the above prospects.
- Sport (Football, bodybuilding, boxing, tennis, running, padel)
- Dieting / building muscle / fat loss
- Psychology
- Sales / Prospecting / Cold calling / Relationship managing / Developing
- Investment advice in crypto / stocks and bonds
- Meditation
- Languages / translations

Many thanks for everyone's opinion. I will document progress and write it down on a weekly basis.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Well done for "unlurking". : )

Might be worth doing a TL-DR at the top.

I will document progress and write it down in a different tread.
Document progress in this thread?

Under The Stairs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 2, 2023
Well done for "unlurking". : )

Might be worth doing a TL-DR at the top.
Good idea, i've TLDR'ed it in 2 sentences.
Document progress in this thread?
Better idea as well. I've changed that part.

Once again thank you, I can use this immediately to improve the post.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.