The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Squandered youth, ready to change lanes.

Patella

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 30, 2024
I think most of us, under the surface, already know most of the content in Fastlane Millionaire, but we shove it all down and bury it in favor of the comforts of social conformity, and goddamn it IS comfortable to do what everyone else is doing, but when you sit alone in a room dissatisfied with where you're at, it SUCKS hard. I don't quite remember when I first had an interest in entrepreneurship, but I remember when I shrugged and walked away before I even really tried it. I took several classes in university, at least one for no credit because the class was already full, and a 17 day entrepreneurship study trip to India, but after college, I just kind of dicked around for a decade. Now I got a kid and have thoroughly displeased my wife by having to shack up in my mom's house in a 55+ community in a bad school district. Maybe I shrugged off the the entre route because I didn't care about my own life that much, but now I have others depending on me, and a job is simply not going to cut it.

What really opened my eyes is when my older brother, who is a high income slowlaner, a brilliant, hardworking guy, but extremely risk adverse and not able to leave the job slog, told me in the post COVID market downturn, his equities lost more than the value of his $700,000 house. WHAT THE F*ck. I know for a fact that I can never perform in the job market even close to my brother. A downturn in the market suddenly lengthened his career several years when he was trying to retire by 55. A month ago, his dogs got sick and cost him $17,000 dollars. He told me "no vacations this year." I thought I would like to be in his shoes for a long time, but now I see his economic reality, and I definitely do not.

And finally, how did I get here? My wife made friends with a woman whose husband wanted to buy a house and stop renting. So they found a house in the area. Because his income is split between the US and their home country, he was unable to get a loan. So what did he do? He bought a $1.1 million house IN CASH. WHAT THE F*ck. This dude who barely speaks English, who grew up poor, came to the US and is more successful than the most on-the-ball guy (my brother) I know? We went to a dinner party at his house, and I keep thinking, dammit, what do I need to do? Why is there no path out of my situation, and how did this guy do it? So I googled for the uncountable time "how to get wealthy/make a ton of money" and clicked on the first Reddit link in the search results. The top comment was the only visible one. "Forget all the other comments in this thread, they're all bullshit. Start reading, and start with Fastlane Millionaire." I spent most of the dinner party reading it alone in one of the house's many enormous rooms.

So, here we go. Time to get rich quick.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome Patella to our little corner of the Internet.

Yes...it is possible to get rich quick-- but NOT easy. That's not to say things are impossible though. It's just that it takes some initial prep time to clean up your inner beliefs and systems. But I think that will always be an ongoing process, even for successful folks.

Now that you've read the book...go listen in on the conversations with the husband. Make friends with him. Find ways to help him out:

Find hints on how he made it. Perhaps you will find some very stark similarities with what MJ shared in TMF ...;):)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...