The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting vs. joining an MLM company

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TG_Hawk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Feb 26, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
We all know what happens when you join a network marketing company: NO control, no ownership in the business, and selling somebody else's product only to be told you get to "start your own business" and "be your own boss!"

Really? What's your business worth if you wanted to sell it today? Oh right, you can't because you don't own anything. You're still building somebody else's brand and they're keeping 90% of the profits while you do all the work!

On the flipside, here's what can happen if you START & OWN an MLM company:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmor...urge-makes-founder-myron-wentz-a-billionaire/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
"People can get rich at the top of multilevel marketing companies"

I stopped reading there. Never get into MLM, period.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2014
Repeating what I posted in the other current MLM thread, I'd love to see a thread from someone who started a multi level marketing company.

dfw1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 3, 2010
Dallas TX
I will not join any MLM no matter how persuasive and how good the presenter (recruit) can handle my 'not intersted' objections. However if I ever develop an idea to form and start a business that would extremely benefit under the marketing model of multi level marketing... Then that is what I will do. But I have better things I need to work on now.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
I gave some thought to STARTING a MLM company not that long ago ... or (at the very least) incorporating some of its principles into my affiliate program.

But ... after reviewing the potential legal problems that could arise after the fact ... as the states and the federal government try to clamp down on the practice ... I took a pass.

Otherwise ... I have nothing against MLM ... provided that YOU are the founding member. That could be Fastlane. But "joining" an MLM program ...? Never.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
We all know what happens when you join a network marketing company: NO control, no ownership in the business, and selling somebody else's product only to be told you get to "start your own business" and "be your own boss!"

Really? What's your business worth if you wanted to sell it today? Oh right, you can't because you don't own anything. You're still building somebody else's brand and they're keeping 90% of the profits while you do all the work!

On the flipside, here's what can happen if you START & OWN an MLM company:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmor...urge-makes-founder-myron-wentz-a-billionaire/

I find it interesting that almost half of Wentz revenue is coming from China. He started Usana in 1992, so it took him 23 years to become a billionaire. Not exactly FASTlane, but I'm sure his millionaire status came much sooner.

I suppose any way you look at it, it's better than the typical 40 year SLOWlane. :walkingdead:

TG_Hawk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Feb 26, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Repeating what I posted in the other current MLM thread, I'd love to see a thread from someone who started a multi level marketing company.

Probably not on here, very few survive and become large companies. But the few that do stand the test of time can be lucrative for the founders ONLY.

I find it interesting that almost half of Wentz revenue is coming from China. He started Usana in 1992, so it took him 23 years to become a billionaire. Not exactly FASTlane, but I'm sure his millionaire status came much sooner.

I suppose any way you look at it, it's better than the typical 40 year SLOWlane. :walkingdead:

You have to wonder if that revenue from Chinma is sustainable, could be boom or bust.....I know it's possible to become a billionaire much quicker, but 23 years doesn't seem awfully slow. If you think about it, his net worth increased by $100M every 2.3 years. Not bad.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.