The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Success is a process

Anything related to matters of the mind

zion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 29, 2013
Hey guys,

reading this forum became a daily routine for me and it already helped me a lot,
so now i want to contribute something in return.

I always thought that SOMEDAY the miracle change would happen.
I would wake up in the morning and there would be no desire to smoke, i would exercise, beeing on a diet, no alcohol, doing meditation...the list could go on and on.
If i had to fix problems at work (programming) or help other people out, i always had a calm, analytical approach, but when it came to changing MY habbit patterns, i had ZERO success, i didn't know "the monkey mind" doesn't like radical changes, tries to manipulate me and fight back (that's how our brains work).

I came to the conclusion, that the only REALISTIC way to solve this, is to readjust your brain, by slowly changing these habbit patterns and the cool thing is, it doesn't even take a lot of effort - so "the monkey" won't wake up.

Let's say, you are addicted watching tv (just an example).
Would it take a lot of effort, or would it be a problem to reduce your tv-time by 1 minute a day, day by day?
No. Keep it slow and steady (and don't beat yourself up if you fail once in a while. Beating yourself up will wake up the monkey again...).
After 30 days, EVERYDAY, you would watch 30 minutes less tv. Sum that up to a year, that is real process !

By all means: TRACK your success (http://www.42goals.com), this is really important to stay focused and to remind yourself not looking for EVENTS, but looking for the PROCESS.

So, what you can do is to BE THE OBSERVER and it all starts making sense.
This sounds weird, but treat yourself as a video game character.

-This is character x
-these are the facts: problem a, b, c
-How can you navigate him LEVEL by LEVEL to the treasure?

Would you jump over the pit or fall down every single time?

Altough this is nothing new, i hope this little reminder will help someone out.

I also highly recommend this coaching channel, most of it is great stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_mwcXHI7Jab2W6_oA4UTJw

zion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.