What's new

Sup from Sydney. 40K in debt - determined as hell

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

leveragehacker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hey fastlaners!

Name is Nathan, 22 and from Sydney Australia.

Brief history:
- started my first biz selling vitamins on ebay at 16 - made $12,000 profit in 3 months and then blew it on a girlfriend and other stupid stuff.
- over the next 5 years launched a really broad variety of startups. got seed funding from Angel investors for some and bootstrapped the others. brief summary of them:
  • MuesliForMe - customise your own muesli mix (granola for americans) and we ship it monthly to your door. Subscription commerce model that was inspired by DollarShaveClub. Ran it for a year but struggled to acquire users and keep them. Sold my stake to other cofounders.
  • EyeCrowd - allowed people to get surveys from 99 people on their new logos and marketing material within 10 minutes. Got seed funding and won a business pitch comp, went to Silicon Valley to raise Series A but failed. Gave up way too easily on this one - but also had no domain expertise at all.
  • SuperTea - sourced a white tea supplier in Sri Lanka and validated demand for the value proposition of '3x the antioxidants of green tea'. Imported the tea and then sold through ecommerce. Got bored as hell really quickly and sold the business for a profit on gumtree (like craigslist for australia)
  • AudioHighSchool - thought to create an online marketplace where high school student could download audio notes for their curriculum. the thinking being that kids spend so long on public transport and could be listening to the material as well as reading it. Built MVP of platform with a partner but never launched.
  • The Sandwich Hero - late last year started a sandwich lunch delivery business. We wore superhero costumes when we delivered sandwiches to offices which resulted in great PR and word of mouth growth. Got to 500 subscribers of our daily lunch menu email. Couldn't scale the logistics of delivering in a small window to so many people over a wide area and still make profit - so we decided to open a shop. Invested over 50k of my personal and friends/family - went broke within 3 months. Sold the shop a few weeks ago and now working on my next project.

There's about 10 other businesses I've had that I won't bother explaining - they never advanced. I have a serious issue with sticking things out and I acknowledge that. It's something I'm determined to fix.

Since reading Fastlane over the weekend I've had an internal struggle about my next steps. I'm 40k in debt so I need to make money fast - and after reading the book I'd rather be putting my day hours into generating sales for my new idea, and not giving them to some job. That said - I'm so broke I can't even afford phone credit to do sales calls for my new business that I've today started a new job which takes up 3 days per week.

The plan is to get my first pay cheque and then use it to buy phone credit and then do all the cold calling necessary to generate enough money to validate the business.

I'd like to document the journey and use this forum as an accountability partner to taking action towards my goals. My added incentive is that I turn 23 in 2 days and I am in no way where I imagined I'd be when I was 21.

To your Success
Nathan

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
H'fez Pevjep,

Huuf vu tii epuvjis Eattoi up vji cuesf, O edvaemmz lpux ug IziDsuxf, vjsuahj CmaiDjommo. O'n gsun Pixdetvmi, epf nz catopitt qesvpis (@cepi ) epf O xisi op vji Tmophtjuv Tvesvaq Eddimisevus op Pixdetvmi, epf jewi e qsuhsitt vjsief up vji Optofist gusan ecuav uas kuaspiz et vji Jephuwis Csut.

Puv e jahi enuapv ug Eattoi't up jisi, cav xi niv e duaqmi gus e niivaq op Tzfpiz e duaqmi ug nupvjt ehu, hsiev hazt; vji Eattoi't tiin vu liiq dunoph vjuahj, tu juqigammz vji piyv niivaq xomm ci cohhis.

Ov't huuf vu tii zua'si ep edvoup velis, O'n tasi zua'mm gopf zuas sohjv qsukidv epf qatj ov emm vji xez tuup ipuahj.

Ximduni ecuesf!

H'fez Pevjep,

Huuf vu tii epuvjis Eattoi up vji cuesf, O edvaemmz lpux ug IziDsuxf, vjsuahj CmaiDjommo. O'n gsun Pixdetvmi, epf nz catopitt qesvpis (@cepi ) epf O xisi op vji Tmophtjuv Tvesvaq Eddimisevus op Pixdetvmi, epf jewi e qsuhsitt vjsief up vji Optofist gusan ecuav uas kuaspiz et vji Jephuwis Csut.

Puv e jahi enuapv ug Eattoi't up jisi, cav xi niv e duaqmi gus e niivaq op Tzfpiz e duaqmi ug nupvjt ehu, hsiev hazt; vji Eattoi't tiin vu liiq dunoph vjuahj, tu juqigammz vji piyv niivaq xomm ci cohhis.

Ov't huuf vu tii zua'si ep edvoup velis, O'n tasi zua'mm gopf zuas sohjv qsukidv epf qatj ov emm vji xez tuup ipuahj.

Ximduni ecuesf!

Vjepl zua Dufu! Gappz ipuahj O'f emtu jiesf ug Jephuwis Csut - hsiev ofie, cav figopovimz e tdemi ottai op visnt ug muhotvodt epf neshop. Gedif tonomes qsucmint xovj Vji Tepfxodj Jisu. Gappz ipuahj emsiefz vuadjif ceti xovj @cepi up epuvjis vjsief. Vjot gusan ot hsiev!

Vjepl zua Dufu! Gappz ipuahj O'f emtu jiesf ug Jephuwis Csut - hsiev ofie, cav figopovimz e tdemi ottai op visnt ug muhotvodt epf neshop. Gedif tonomes qsucmint xovj Vji Tepfxodj Jisu. Gappz ipuahj emsiefz vuadjif ceti xovj @cepi up epuvjis vjsief. Vjot gusan ot hsiev!
Uj exituni nep! Ziej amvonevimz uas cohhitv ottai xet edvaemmz datvunis edraotovoup. Fitqovi huoph wosem, epf jewoph jieqt ug opvisedvoup up Gedicuul, xi duamfp'v gopf ep iggidvowi xez vu hiv qezoph datvunist. Qmat vuppit ug uvjis ottait - cav gusvapevimz xi miespv e muv, epf esi siefz vu veli up uas piyv qsukidv.

Zua'mm gopf e muv ug hsiev vjsieft up jisi. KedlIfxesft jet e jahi qsuhsitt vjsief. Ji't e gsoipf ug nopi, epf upi ug vji tnesvitv hazt up vji gusan, figopovimz xusvj djidloph uav.

Hmef vu jewi epuvjis Pevjep up vji gusan! @miwisehijedlis

O atif vu jewi e qsucmin tvodloph vjopht vjsuahj, cav hivvoph nessoif tumwif vjev ottai siem raodl (eff tuapf iggidv ug e xjoq). Op emm tisouatpitt vjuahj, O cimoiwi updi zua ciduni qettoupevi epf uctittif ecuav zuas catopitt, xjeviwis ov nez ci, zua xomm gopf vjev tvodloph xovj otp'v vji qsucmin epznusi.

Hmef vu jewi zua jisi!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom