The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Super Bowl XLIII! The thread that was not born!

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Haven't seen it anywhere here yet which surprises me since so many of my Fastlane brother-in reside in the great state of Arizona!

Super Bowl parties are great, and the commercials are even better!

So, real quick, who is it gonna be tonight??

Naturally, my Grandmother lives in Scottsdale, and I love Arizona. So I am going with my boys the Cardinals! (GO BEARS!!!! :smxB:)

Larry Fitzgerald, Tim Hightower, Anquan Boldin, and Kurt Warner FTW!!

I also really love Kurt Warner's rags-to-riches story:

Grocery store worker...
Arena football player...
Super Bowl Champion...(Going for two!)

Have fun tonight and be safe.

-Alex

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Kurt and the Cardinals will get a taste of the Steel Curtain tonight!! GO STEELERS!!

There are a lot of great stories from both teams. One that really impresses me in James Harrison's(Steelers OLB). He is the first non-drafted player to win the Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year in only his second season starting. When he got his first paycheck, he litteraly when to a "Checks into Cash" to get it cashed as he had no checking account.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think the big question on many minds is "Which Cardinals team will show up?"

The team with a chip on their shoulder? (Last 4 games)
Or the team that feels it reached its goal and is satisfied. (Last 4 games, reg season)

In the first 10 minutes of the game, we should know which team shows.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
All Kurt has to do is throw a few 30-40 yard completions and that is gonna get the ball rolling. Steelers are gonna have to stay on their A game tonight on 'D'. I predict it to be a low scoring, defensive game in the first half. 6-7 going to the Cardinals at the half, Steelers on top 27-21 with two defensive TDs to take the trophy.

I'm looking for Troy Polamalu to have some big plays.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I'm rootin for the Steelers, but I would love to see the cards win. I'd actually like to see a good game more then anything else.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I'm rooting for the Cards, but my mind's telling me the Steelers will win it. Defense wins championship, and that is one hell of a defense.

I love Fitzgerald. Just putting that out there.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
A very good game. I do think that was a forward pass. Just my opinion. Congrats to the Steelers.

After watching tonight's game, all I can say is thank god I don't have to listen to that idiot John Madden more then one game a year. He is horrible.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Ohhh, great game indeed. My mancrush on Larry Fitzgerald has only increased after another stellar performance. What a player.

Holmes was amazing tonight, though, and the Steelers defense is just too good at getting to the quarterback. With as much pressure as their front 7 got on Warner tonight, it's incredible how well he still performed.

Hell of a game, though. That's the most important thing to me after all!

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Definitely a GREAT game! Hats off to the Cards for making a couple of big plays. My hand is red now though and will possibly be bruised tomorrow from all the high fives haha!

If it weren't for that stupid safety, I would have been dead on with my final score prediction :D

Deege

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 12, 2008
Great game, stellar second half. Was rooting for the Cards, but both teams played very well.

Damn that tippy toe holmes. =]

GG.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Great game. Very very close. I really thought it would go into overtime. Gotta hand it to Holmes for the catch.

My main man Larry Fitzgerald did not disappoint though! And WOW did he show off his speed on that second TD catch.

Great Super Bowl!

-Alex

callmelucid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 27, 2009
Brentwood, California, United States
for me it wasnt about who won... it was about their scores

i had some money riding on the game (neutral ev just to inject fun into two teams i could care less about).

i didnt end up winning anything though :(

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
for me it wasnt about who won... it was about their scores

i had some money riding on the game (neutral ev just to inject fun into two teams i could care less about).

i didnt end up winning anything though :(

You should have taken the Cards + 6

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Damn Holmes- he's supposed to be on the Bears!!! :rofl:

Great game and probably an even better finish than last year since Holmes' TD was about as good of a catch if not better than Tyree's and best of all the game was won on a TD, not a field goal like most close Super Bowls!

Sucks that AZ didn't win though with the Chicago ties, not to mention, like MJ, my parents are one of the thousands of "transplants" to the area so it's like our second home.

Oh well better luck next year, here's to hoping the Bears get a decent WR and either Orton or Grossman step it up.

And one last thing, I'm disappointed that Mendenhall got hurt this year, I met him through a mutual friend as we both went to U of I at the same time and he's a really nice guy who deserved his chance to play in the Super Bowl and didn't get it :nonod:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.