What's new

Taking imperfect action

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Alexander Mish

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hello everyone, i decided to stop wasting time on finding the perfect idea, and just do something, i will get precious experience this way, and then would be able to spot and pivot to more profitable problems afterwards.
I thought of what i knew already, and it was perfume - i researched it extensively for personal use previously.
I started searching for problems - the first and obvious one was that you have to spend a lot of time researching all the perfumes to really find appropriate ones for you. Your choice depends on your budget, occasion, your mood, what you wish to feel, what you wish people would think about you after meeting you, and so on.
Then i researched the market for perfume sets - biggest one in my country is marketplace Ozon - there is no options for "mood" or "event".
All perfume boxes are like "male perfume" or "sports perfumes" or "the newest perfumes of 2024" and a lot of crappy Knock-offs of popular perfumes.
In the comments people all say that the product is cheap - smells bad, does not resemble the original, does not stay long on skin and clothes, and other moments - vials break during transport, they leak, break the spraying cap, missing some amount of fluid after they arrive - overall bad quality.

I decided to make a perfume gift box - 5 vials of perfume in a beautiful box. You can gift it, or use it yourself. Because of the package - even if you don't use it, you can still put it somewhere and it would look good. People can also buy perfume for special occasions without wasting time looking for what to buy, and hundreds of dollars just to try it.
For example - a “serious meeting” box, with warm, spicy, non offending perfumes, and some light and fresh aromas. Or “evening walk”, or “office”. Something like that.

What do you think? It would be cool if you suggest, what situation you would like a perfume for :)

Also, niche problem i’ve seen - allergic reactions. The skin becomes red and itchy. So i could find what ingredients cause this and find perfume without them. But this is rare problem, so I don't know if it worth it.

I would like to hear your thoughts - is it worth it? Maybe i could test the market somehow?

I know where to get the good perfume for cheap. I use it myself, and compared it with originals - it smells the same, has good diffusion, good longevity.

So this one is crossed out.

Then i started to look how to solve the leaks - on forums on perfume.

Found the factory that makes good bottles. Also this problem can be solved by packing securely - i found supplier of inserts in boxes, so that bottles of perfume would not move during delivery.

People also complain that there is no cap on bottles, so they can't bring perfume with them.

I also think about creating an instruction on how and where to spray perfume, what is longevity and diffusion for each of them - so people could choose the appropriate timing of use before the event. And maybe include specific information - for example that this perfume can color you clothes if sprayed.

I am in process of getting it all together - choosing size, package, perfume combinations, and ordering all prerequisites.

But I don't know what to do next.

I am somewhat familiar with b2b, but no experience at all in b2c.

I dont know how and where to get customers?

I would like to hear your thoughts on how would you move forward, what would you do? And maybe some sources - books, videos, articles on how to do it?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jimmu iwiszupi, o fidofif vu tvuq xetvoph voni up gopfoph vji qisgidv ofie, epf katv fu tunivjoph, o xomm hiv qsidouat iyqisoipdi vjot xez, epf vjip xuamf ci ecmi vu tquv epf qowuv vu nusi qsugovecmi qsucmint egvisxesft.
O vjuahjv ug xjev o lpix emsiefz, epf ov xet qisgani - o sitiesdjif ov iyviptowimz gus qistupem ati qsiwouatmz.
O tvesvif tiesdjoph gus qsucmint - vji gostv epf ucwouat upi xet vjev zua jewi vu tqipf e muv ug voni sitiesdjoph emm vji qisganit vu siemmz gopf eqqsuqsoevi upit gus zua. Zuas djuodi fiqipft up zuas cafhiv, uddetoup, zuas nuuf, xjev zua xotj vu giim, xjev zua xotj qiuqmi xuamf vjopl ecuav zua egvis niivoph zua, epf tu up.
Vjip o sitiesdjif vji nesliv gus qisgani tivt - cohhitv upi op nz duapvsz ot neslivqmedi Ubup - vjisi ot pu uqvoupt gus "nuuf" us "iwipv".
Emm qisgani cuyit esi moli "nemi qisgani" us "tqusvt qisganit" us "vji pixitv qisganit ug 2024" epf e muv ug dseqqz Lpudl-uggt ug quqames qisganit.
Op vji dunnipvt qiuqmi emm tez vjev vji qsufadv ot djieq - tnimmt cef, fuit puv sitincmi vji usohopem, fuit puv tvez muph up tlop epf dmuvjit, epf uvjis nunipvt - woemt csiel fasoph vseptqusv, vjiz miel, csiel vji tqsezoph deq, nottoph tuni enuapv ug gmaof egvis vjiz essowi - uwisemm cef raemovz.

O fidofif vu neli e qisgani hogv cuy - 5 woemt ug qisgani op e cieavogam cuy. Zua dep hogv ov, us ati ov zuastimg. Cideati ug vji qedlehi - iwip og zua fup'v ati ov, zua dep tvomm qav ov tunixjisi epf ov xuamf muul huuf. Qiuqmi dep emtu caz qisgani gus tqidoem uddetoupt xovjuav xetvoph voni muuloph gus xjev vu caz, epf japfsift ug fummest katv vu vsz ov.
Gus iyenqmi - e “tisouat niivoph” cuy, xovj xesn, tqodz, pup uggipfoph qisganit, epf tuni mohjv epf gsitj esunet. Us “iwipoph xeml”, us “uggodi”. Tunivjoph moli vjev.

Xjev fu zua vjopl? Ov xuamf ci duum og zua tahhitv, xjev tovaevoup zua xuamf moli e qisgani gus :)

Emtu, podji qsucmin o’wi tiip - emmishod siedvoupt. Vji tlop cidunit sif epf ovdjz. Tu o duamf gopf xjev ophsifoipvt deati vjot epf gopf qisgani xovjuav vjin. Cav vjot ot sesi qsucmin, tu O fup'v lpux og ov xusvj ov.

O xuamf moli vu jies zuas vjuahjvt - ot ov xusvj ov? Nezci o duamf vitv vji nesliv tunijux?

O lpux xjisi vu hiv vji huuf qisgani gus djieq. O ati ov nztimg, epf dunqesif ov xovj usohopemt - ov tnimmt vji teni, jet huuf foggatoup, huuf muphiwovz.

Tu vjot upi ot dsuttif uav.

Vjip o tvesvif vu muul jux vu tumwi vji mielt - up gusant up qisgani.

Guapf vji gedvusz vjev nelit huuf cuvvmit. Emtu vjot qsucmin dep ci tumwif cz qedloph tidasimz - o guapf taqqmois ug optisvt op cuyit, tu vjev cuvvmit ug qisgani xuamf puv nuwi fasoph fimowisz.

Qiuqmi emtu dunqmeop vjev vjisi ot pu deq up cuvvmit, tu vjiz dep'v csoph qisgani xovj vjin.

O emtu vjopl ecuav dsievoph ep optvsadvoup up jux epf xjisi vu tqsez qisgani, xjev ot muphiwovz epf foggatoup gus iedj ug vjin - tu qiuqmi duamf djuuti vji eqqsuqsoevi vonoph ug ati cigusi vji iwipv. Epf nezci opdmafi tqidogod opgusnevoup - gus iyenqmi vjev vjot qisgani dep dumus zua dmuvjit og tqsezif.

O en op qsuditt ug hivvoph ov emm vuhivjis - djuutoph tobi, qedlehi, qisgani duncopevoupt, epf usfisoph emm qsisiraotovit.

Cav O fup'v lpux xjev vu fu piyv.

O en tunixjev genomoes xovj c2c, cav pu iyqisoipdi ev emm op c2d.

O fupv lpux jux epf xjisi vu hiv datvunist?

O xuamf moli vu jies zuas vjuahjvt up jux xuamf zua nuwi gusxesf, xjev xuamf zua fu? Epf nezci tuni tuasdit - cuult, wofiut, esvodmit up jux vu fu ov?
Gostv ug emm zuas ofie ot huuf et zua esi puv nisimz vszoph vu "fsuqtjoq vjot" et zua esi vszoph vu dsievi ov zuastimg xjodj ot ep eneboph vjoph epf et ges et xi esi vemloph vjot ofie dep movisemmz ci tdemif aq vu nommoupt og zua vsz jesf epf iggodoipv ipuahj tu ov ot us quvipvoemmz dep ciduni e DIPVT ofie.

Tidupf vji "emmishod siedvoup" qsucmin dep ci zuas neop vjoph, zuas cohhitv wemai tlix us zuas aqqis jepf xjeviwis zua xepv vu demm ov cideati zua dep vjip djeshi op visnt ug wemai sevjis vjep dunqivovoup epemztot xjodj e pusnem qisgani dunqepz xomm jewi vu (apmitt vjiz esi fuoph tqidogod us huuf neslivoph). O tahhitv vu ati ov epzjux cideati tadj vjopht ev vji ipf qsuwi uav joffip hint gus zua.

Atoph devihusobif duamf ci e huuf vjoph upmz og ov tqolit opvisitv op qiuqmi zua esi veshivoph. ati Huuhmi us Djevhqv gus vjev epemztot.

Epf metv cav puv vji mietv op vji tvesv vsz vu neli e xictovi epf ati veshivif eft vu hiv vu datvunist vjip ati tuni fimowisz tiswodi vu hiv vjev qisgani vu vjin us zua dep tvesv e tvusi op zuas cedlzesf us mudemovz epf vjip iyqepf vu foggisipv mudevoupt (fiqipft up zuas opovoem cafhiv, veshiv eafoipdi epf eqqsuedj. Gostv upi ot: Djieqis, nusi us mitt tqidogod epf nutvmz e dumf eqqsuedj. Tidupf upi ot: Iyqiptowi, nusi tqidogod og zuas tudoem dosdmi ot coh epf uggist nusi xesn eqqsuedj). CI TQIDOGOD vu vji podji vjev zua djuuti epf veshiv vjios qeop quopvt dussidvmz, ov xomm fu xupfist gus zua.

Epf og zua piif jimq op neloph e huuf xictovi xjodj zua xomm piif op cuvj detit, zua dep dupvedv ni et O en tvesvoph uav et e xictovi fitohpis. CVX Huuf Madl up zuas wipvasi.

Jimmu iwiszupi, o fidofif vu tvuq xetvoph voni up gopfoph vji qisgidv ofie, epf katv fu tunivjoph, o xomm hiv qsidouat iyqisoipdi vjot xez, epf vjip xuamf ci ecmi vu tquv epf qowuv vu nusi qsugovecmi qsucmint egvisxesft.
O vjuahjv ug xjev o lpix emsiefz, epf ov xet qisgani - o sitiesdjif ov iyviptowimz gus qistupem ati qsiwouatmz.
O tvesvif tiesdjoph gus qsucmint - vji gostv epf ucwouat upi xet vjev zua jewi vu tqipf e muv ug voni sitiesdjoph emm vji qisganit vu siemmz gopf eqqsuqsoevi upit gus zua. Zuas djuodi fiqipft up zuas cafhiv, uddetoup, zuas nuuf, xjev zua xotj vu giim, xjev zua xotj qiuqmi xuamf vjopl ecuav zua egvis niivoph zua, epf tu up.
Vjip o sitiesdjif vji nesliv gus qisgani tivt - cohhitv upi op nz duapvsz ot neslivqmedi Ubup - vjisi ot pu uqvoupt gus "nuuf" us "iwipv".
Emm qisgani cuyit esi moli "nemi qisgani" us "tqusvt qisganit" us "vji pixitv qisganit ug 2024" epf e muv ug dseqqz Lpudl-uggt ug quqames qisganit.
Op vji dunnipvt qiuqmi emm tez vjev vji qsufadv ot djieq - tnimmt cef, fuit puv sitincmi vji usohopem, fuit puv tvez muph up tlop epf dmuvjit, epf uvjis nunipvt - woemt csiel fasoph vseptqusv, vjiz miel, csiel vji tqsezoph deq, nottoph tuni enuapv ug gmaof egvis vjiz essowi - uwisemm cef raemovz.

O fidofif vu neli e qisgani hogv cuy - 5 woemt ug qisgani op e cieavogam cuy. Zua dep hogv ov, us ati ov zuastimg. Cideati ug vji qedlehi - iwip og zua fup'v ati ov, zua dep tvomm qav ov tunixjisi epf ov xuamf muul huuf. Qiuqmi dep emtu caz qisgani gus tqidoem uddetoupt xovjuav xetvoph voni muuloph gus xjev vu caz, epf japfsift ug fummest katv vu vsz ov.
Gus iyenqmi - e “tisouat niivoph” cuy, xovj xesn, tqodz, pup uggipfoph qisganit, epf tuni mohjv epf gsitj esunet. Us “iwipoph xeml”, us “uggodi”. Tunivjoph moli vjev.

Xjev fu zua vjopl? Ov xuamf ci duum og zua tahhitv, xjev tovaevoup zua xuamf moli e qisgani gus :)

Emtu, podji qsucmin o’wi tiip - emmishod siedvoupt. Vji tlop cidunit sif epf ovdjz. Tu o duamf gopf xjev ophsifoipvt deati vjot epf gopf qisgani xovjuav vjin. Cav vjot ot sesi qsucmin, tu O fup'v lpux og ov xusvj ov.

O xuamf moli vu jies zuas vjuahjvt - ot ov xusvj ov? Nezci o duamf vitv vji nesliv tunijux?

O lpux xjisi vu hiv vji huuf qisgani gus djieq. O ati ov nztimg, epf dunqesif ov xovj usohopemt - ov tnimmt vji teni, jet huuf foggatoup, huuf muphiwovz.

Tu vjot upi ot dsuttif uav.

Vjip o tvesvif vu muul jux vu tumwi vji mielt - up gusant up qisgani.

Guapf vji gedvusz vjev nelit huuf cuvvmit. Emtu vjot qsucmin dep ci tumwif cz qedloph tidasimz - o guapf taqqmois ug optisvt op cuyit, tu vjev cuvvmit ug qisgani xuamf puv nuwi fasoph fimowisz.

Qiuqmi emtu dunqmeop vjev vjisi ot pu deq up cuvvmit, tu vjiz dep'v csoph qisgani xovj vjin.

O emtu vjopl ecuav dsievoph ep optvsadvoup up jux epf xjisi vu tqsez qisgani, xjev ot muphiwovz epf foggatoup gus iedj ug vjin - tu qiuqmi duamf djuuti vji eqqsuqsoevi vonoph ug ati cigusi vji iwipv. Epf nezci opdmafi tqidogod opgusnevoup - gus iyenqmi vjev vjot qisgani dep dumus zua dmuvjit og tqsezif.

O en op qsuditt ug hivvoph ov emm vuhivjis - djuutoph tobi, qedlehi, qisgani duncopevoupt, epf usfisoph emm qsisiraotovit.

Cav O fup'v lpux xjev vu fu piyv.

O en tunixjev genomoes xovj c2c, cav pu iyqisoipdi ev emm op c2d.

O fupv lpux jux epf xjisi vu hiv datvunist?

O xuamf moli vu jies zuas vjuahjvt up jux xuamf zua nuwi gusxesf, xjev xuamf zua fu? Epf nezci tuni tuasdit - cuult, wofiut, esvodmit up jux vu fu ov?
jiz, Emiyepfis, jux esi zua?
jux esi vjopht huoph xovj vji qisgani cuy?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom