The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Team Work Makes The Dream Work: Philadelphia (Center City/Art Museum)

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
I'm in Center City Philadelphia.

Anyone interested in a meet-up?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
Surely will.

Was looking to possibly spin a Mastermind group off of this. Speak up if your interested!! Meet-up or whatever else. Would really enjoy meeting some of you in this area!!

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
For sure. I live in the Lehigh Valley, but I have a house in the Philly metro area too.

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
I am near the art museum and I work near that area.

Tons of places to meet up.

Last edited:

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
I'd be interested in a meet-up. I'm in DE, takes about 35-45 minutes to get to the stadiums. It would be nice to talk with some like-minded folk for a change!! Keep me posted

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Soooooooooooooo, anything ever happen with this? I'm about half an hour or so up 95. I think a one time event might be kind of boring, how about a monthly thing? Anybody interested? I'm doing it, whether I meet up with myself or 2884962 people, but I'm making a commitment right here, right now.

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
Does Center City sound ideal?

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
Old city is fine with me.

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
I'm interested. I'm in West Chester. I can't stand the city, but wouldn't mind meeting there here and there if it's worth it. Wish you guys were more toward the western suburbs.

Wegmans is a great place to meet up. I go to the one in King of Prussia a lot.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm not opposed to meeting all over either, switch places every month. That could actually help our creativity, since we'll be able to get a scope on different areas in a sense. I'm in the NE suburbs, someone else on this thread was from DE. Maybe we could pull a Jersey guy/gal in and get a nice scope of the greater Phila region! Thoughts?

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
No. Just crappy internet service.

Weekends are ideal for me.

nanolax

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 23, 2013
I'd definitely be up for it this. Weekends are ideal for me as well.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Oh, I see what your problem is now. Those are Greek letters- ENDEKA (ΕΝΔΕΚΑ), not ENAEKA. I can see how that would be a pain in the butt. You'd need the Greek Polytonic Keyboard option enabled on your PC through the control pannel

I'm still interested, I'd be more amenable to something farther north, it'd be hard for me to get down to Philly more than once a month.

My preference for meeting times is Thursdays.

I'll probably msg MJ to change my forum name to my brand name when I do the big reveal in a week or so, if that's even possible. Sorry for the confusion for the time being.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
How would something like this work? Like what's the structure? Does everyone sit around and talk about their ideas/experiences? Is there an agenda?

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I personally haven't worked on an agenda or anything yet, I was doing my diligence first (haha). Now that there is interest, I will definitely work on an outline. Any suggestions would be great!

EnDeka. Got it. My PC is only in use when I'm plugging away at some biz stuff, I'm usually on my phone lol.

Edit: In response to your message, I feel curbside parking sucks and I'd like to avoid it myself. Honestly, I'd take the train to the city, drive anywhere else. I don't know how far Septa reaches, but you're more than welcome to park at my house and take the train the rest of the way. Are you closer to Easton or Allentown?

Last edited:

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Idk what you all want out of this, but here's my opinion.

It has to be worth it. I wouldn't attend something if it's not worth it. If you make it worth it then day and time of the week and venue no longer become issues. People will show.

But it would have to be done right. It would need structure.

People would have to push each other to failure. For ex: Maybe you have a product that your selling but you don't have the balls to walk into a store. The group tells you that you Must walk in and pitch something before the next meeting or don't come back. Hell, we could even put a hidden camera on you and break it down as a group. Too afraid to make a cold call? Make 100 or don't come back. Also record the call so we can help you perfect your pitch later. That sort of stuff..

Resources are needed if you want to do it right. Like find a good Dev here, go here to start a mechant account, find a ppc guy here. Maybe even have guest speakers from local startups, lawyers, accountants, and investors, the startup science in Philly is huge.

Again, that's just my opinion. Make it like a club, like startup club Philly Idk..

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
That's essentially what I would like to do with it. Once a month, or even more frequent meetups that inspire each of us, encourage us to continue pushing forward toward our goals, offer suggestions on how to get from A to B, bring guest speakers, like lawyers, accountants, successful business people, etc., maybe even have harsh consequences like one of the mastermind groups on here (I believe snowbank, JasonR and some others are/were involved in) did to push each other to push themselves. Really create value for our time.

I envision a relatively intimate group (not more than 8 or so people) that are absolutely committed to a Fastlane road. It would be great if we had a diverse group, and from what I understand, we already have at least three different types of business covered, pending all who are interested actually participate.

I'll work on more of an outline when I get home, I'll post it on this thread and we can discuss changes/additions before we set a date. I would like for us each to set a specific goal to reach before our first meetup, and before each subsequent one. Quantifiable action goals (100 cold calls, research 5 new products, etc) need to be completed before each meetup, and financial or other types of goals are just that: goals.

Thoughts? Questions?

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Sorry, everyone, I got home too late. I'll start working on the outline in an hour or two, so I'll get it up here tonight. Anyone have anything they'd like to see on the agenda?

nanolax

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks for taking this on. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to bounce ideas off of. i should be free in a couple hours.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks for taking this on. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to bounce ideas off of. i should be free in a couple hours.
Just post whatever ideas you have here! I'll try to integrate all that we can.

Real quick, how long would we like this meetup to be? 1 hour? 3 hours? What are all of your thoughts?

nanolax

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 23, 2013
I think 1.5 hours for this first meeting would be a good starting point. People can always stay later or leave earlier at their leisure.

This would give us time to introduce ourselves and our respective backgrounds before getting into the nitty gritty aspects of analyzing each other's fastlane plans and what not.

After this first meeting, lengths of future meetings could be tailored to the agenda, since we will all know eachother at this point and quick updates from each person will be sufficient.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
That's just about where I was thinking. Obviously it will be adjusted based on the number of people coming. Do we want to try to get a guest speaker out for the first meet?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.