The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

THANK YOU Fastlane Forum - Best Books I've Read in a Long Time

For any book discussion

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado
I just started becoming active in Fastlane Forums about 1.5 months ago, and the number one thing I've done is dive through book recommendations from you all and then DEVOUR them.

So let me just say a huge THANK YOU to this community. It's amazing how the right books re-invigorate you and blast your creativity. Motivated. Energized. I feel like I am a different person than I was 2 months ago. Thanks for being the fuel for this fire.

My favorite recommendations thus far:
  1. Epic Content Marketing
  2. Cashvertising
  3. Words that Sell
  4. Deep Work
  5. Scientific Advertising
  6. The Compound Effect
  7. Rapt
And yes...I go through books quickly. I listen to one while I drive while also reading one.

I'd like to thank whoever made those recommendations directly, but heck if I'm going to find those threads again. ;-)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

texus2

Get Rich or Die Tryin’
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 18, 2016
Germany
@Justin Gesso If you haven't seen it, there is a very nice thread, written by MJ - only for INSIDERS ("The Official Book Recommendation Thread").
Check it out!

I'm not that kind of person who read a lot of books. Since i'm member of this forum i've read more books, than in my whole life before.
The Millionaire Fastlane is not in your list, whats wrong with you? :D

I just finished "The Compound Effect". It definitely worth to buy it!

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado
Last edited:

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado
@Justin Gesso If you haven't seen it, there is a very nice thread, written by MJ - only for INSIDERS ("The Official Book Recommendation Thread").
Check it out!

I'm not that kind of person who read a lot of books. Since i'm member of this forum i've read more books, than in my whole life before.
The Millionaire Fastlane is not in your list, whats wrong with you? :D

I just finished "The Compound Effect". It definitely worth to buy it!
I will checkout that reading list thread. And ha...I have of course read Millionaire Fastlane ...just not since I became active here. ;-)

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
One warning: I am the kind of guy who is prone to use reading as procrastination because it feels productive.

Make sure, when you read something, that you take notes and actually have something that you take action on when you are done reading. When I finish a book, I like to have a one page sheet of the main ideas and the actions I can take... and if I decide during reading that these ideas aren't something I can act on within the next 6ish months, I'll stop reading and pick the book up later when I need it.

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado
One warning: I am the kind of guy who is prone to use reading as procrastination because it feels productive.

Make sure, when you read something, that you take notes and actually have something that you take action on when you are done reading. When I finish a book, I like to have a one page sheet of the main ideas and the actions I can take... and if I decide during reading that these ideas aren't something I can act on within the next 6ish months, I'll stop reading and pick the book up later when I need it.

Indeed! Productivity is not a weakness of mine. I spend plenty of time driving (so good for audio books) and also like to read at night. I do balance time sharpening myself versus working.

Great tip on the one sheet of notes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.