What's new

The concept of VALUE - a frustrated outlook.

Anything related to matters of the mind
A post of a ranting nature...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.
INTRODUCTION

First of all, since this is my first post on here, I'd like to give @MJ DeMarco a shout-out for his two incredibly well written books that have helped many people, including myself.

While reading the books (especially UNSCRIPTED ), a lot of my suspicions and observations about the world were validated, especially the more "human" side of things..

However, there was one topic that MJ seemed to avoid while I was reading both of the books…

That Topic? - The difference between "Want" value and "Need" value.

What is value?

Look, If a person buys your video game because it looks cool, and enjoy playing it afterwards, I have no problems understanding that you’ve succesfully provided both perceived value and actual value.

… but have you provided them real value?

No, truly – what have you actually provided them? Yeah I know they are “satisfied” and are writing outstanding 5 star reviews of your game, but what value is it really when you look at it logically? You just sold someone instant gratification, a major time consumer, an escape, an extended visit at SCRIPT world, and who knows what else.

How is a McDonalds providing "real" value? You overpay on instant-gratification, while eating unhealthy. Such value.

How is degenerative hip-hop / mainstream music that promotes instant gratification, drugs etc real value? And yes – I know it has insane perceived value and actual value, but real value?

How is any “escape” (fiction, movies, entertainment) real value when It’s distracting It’s very own consumers from achieving their soul’s wishes?

Like shit, I feel like I'm living in crazy town over here. As far as I know - the times I've grown the most as an individual were when I received real value - harsh truths that I didn't want to hear from successful people, getting rejected over & over again, being cheated on by my first girlfriend and so forth - all made me stronger in the long-term, even if it was crushing at times in the short term.

The Problem

Look, I understand - people want what they want. you said it best MJ - the market is a spoiled brat.

But that's the problem, isn't it? Day by day, the market continues to grow more spoiled by the day… Thought police, outrage culture, social media mobs, you get the picture - at what point does it stop?

Let’s say you’re a comedian, and overnight – people unanimously decided that only fart jokes would now be considered funny. You, on the other hand, would know that this is absolutely crazy and stupid, and yet – what could you do?

The market is a spoiled brat,
after all! Despite how much you hate it, you’d have to adapt to only telling fart jokes from now on, otherwise no one would listen to you and you wouldn’t be able to pay rent.

You could be the next Patrice O’Neal, but if the market is too stupid / spoiled to understand it, it wouldn’t matter.

So basically, we are continuing to spoil the child, hoping to get ahead ourselves individually with an “Everyone else does it..” attitude… for the detriment of everyone else. Cool.

I predict the market to become even more spoiled than it already is. The more society advances economically, the less need there is for things that have any actual value. With each passing day, perceived value gets stronger (social media narcissism, dating app pictures, brand clothing etc), and it will only continue to do so.

Consumerism and degeneracy will only continue to grow, creating more SCRIPTED citizens. An Individual’s control will only get smaller and more difficult as distractions become more apparent (companies getting data on you, abusing your impulsive human nature etc ), requiring more discipline in order to resist.

It’s only gonna get more “want” based (perceived/actual), while real value (need), stuff that actually matters for both an individual and a society - will decrease. People and products that have real value will become unrecognizable from the SCRIPTED citizen's eye, even more so than it is now.

I genuinely have no hope for the future of society with the way it’s going. I’ve come to realize that Economical advancement does not equate with the “advancement” of the individual. (Although I'm starting to believe that since everything is relative, it will always seem that way).

MY QUESTION:

With all that said, my question to @MJ DeMarco and the Fastlane members is - how do I "brainwash" myself to truly believe that selling the SCRIPT to the SCRIPTED is providing real value to them?

As far as I'm concerned, that's just rationalizing away the fact that I’m taking advantage of SCRIPTED people.

No matter what way I try to spin all of this in a positive light, it’s just not working.

Am I being unfair here? Too Righteous? Too much of a “captain save a world” when the world doesn’t want to be saved?

It’d be fair to say I feel somewhat angryat the world for being what it is. It’s not even the fact that it’s deceitful that bothers me, but that it appears to be logical, rational & truthful while being deceitful, aka - a big hypocrite.

I feel like I came into this world with high expectations / standards of it and the human kind in general, only to realize that those expectations were almost to perfectionism levels – unreachable.

So now, It’s like life is a video game that I don’t enjoy, but I can’t stop playing it either, because there is no other option – you’re always playing. All that’s left then is to find something, a mini-game of some sorts that I enjoy or that makes sense (Entrepreneurship) in this imperfect game I was born into.

I hope I’m missing something here, and I want to change my outlook to a more… positive one, but right now, being only 20 years old from Eastern Europe – all I’m seeing is shit, and the only thing that has helped so far is not smelling it or turning a blind eye to it.

Thank you for reading

P.S - I'll reply to all / any comments when I wake up. Cheers!

There is a market for stuff that helps people, no BS books, self development courses that help, etc...

But, sadly, it's hard to teach someone to fish when everyone they meet say they'll give them fish if they do something (Buy this game and you'll be happy playing it, watch this movie because it's great, listen to this, do that, eat that so your brain produces happy chemicals,etc...), they are all INSTANT

They don't require self discipline, even aquiring information became a convenientce (documentaries, youtube videos that are explained so well, are so easy to understand, but at the end you remember nothing because it's not relevant to anything you're doing)

Self discipline is not taught, but it's the only thing that needs to be learned in order to go from a confortable path that's going the wrong way to a trip in the jungle that gets you where you want to be.

The only way to "save people that don't want to be saved" is to make them realise that they need to be saved, and explain how to save themselves.

Sadly, this is impossible with a market that works like a heat seeking missle, it only goes after what's interesting, pleasurable, instant and easy, preferably something that evryone else is doing and is served on a silver platter by a hot model.

Problem? School, governament, they don't want you to WANT to DO things, they want you to WANT things and they tell you the easiest path to what you want, by the time one reaches an age where things can be achived, the sense of what's possible is restricted so much that wanting to have an impact on the world falls outside the boundries, heck, having an impact on yourself is an achivement noteworthy of social status (Omg! this dude learned a skill that takes 6 months of 1 hour trainings per day to learn, i must mention this to every person i introduce him to, awasome!).

This creates a snowball effect for both those that go the wrong way and those that go the right way.

People that are lazy and think they can't do stuff will be less motivated and will feel more and more that they don't matter, and can't matter (wich, of course, because it's most people, is explained with "i'm not lucky", even if the road to success is, quite literally, one google search away, "how do i make progress in [insert important area of life]")

While people that feel they can improve become more like Eddie Morra from Limitless, from bookwriter to senator in a few years

And it all comes from turning off the damn TV and doing something (according to literally any successful person)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjisi ot e nesliv gus tvagg vjev jimqt qiuqmi, pu CT cuult, timg fiwimuqnipv duastit vjev jimq, ivd...

Cav, tefmz, ov't jesf vu viedj tuniupi vu gotj xjip iwiszupi vjiz niiv tez vjiz'mm howi vjin gotj og vjiz fu tunivjoph (Caz vjot heni epf zua'mm ci jeqqz qmezoph ov, xevdj vjot nuwoi cideati ov't hsiev, motvip vu vjot, fu vjev, iev vjev tu zuas cseop qsufadit jeqqz djinodemt,ivd...), vjiz esi emm OPTVEPV

Vjiz fup'v siraosi timg fotdoqmopi, iwip eraosoph opgusnevoup cideni e dupwipoipvdi (fudanipvesoit, zuavaci wofiut vjev esi iyqmeopif tu ximm, esi tu ietz vu apfistvepf, cav ev vji ipf zua sinincis puvjoph cideati ov't puv simiwepv vu epzvjoph zua'si fuoph)

Timg fotdoqmopi ot puv veahjv, cav ov't vji upmz vjoph vjev piift vu ci miespif op usfis vu hu gsun e dupgusvecmi qevj vjev't huoph vji xsuph xez vu e vsoq op vji kaphmi vjev hivt zua xjisi zua xepv vu ci.

Vji upmz xez vu "tewi qiuqmi vjev fup'v xepv vu ci tewif" ot vu neli vjin siemoti vjev vjiz piif vu ci tewif, epf iyqmeop jux vu tewi vjintimwit.

Tefmz, vjot ot onquttocmi xovj e nesliv vjev xuslt moli e jiev tiiloph nottmi, ov upmz huit egvis xjev't opvisitvoph, qmietasecmi, optvepv epf ietz, qsigisecmz tunivjoph vjev iwszupi imti ot fuoph epf ot tiswif up e tomwis qmevvis cz e juv nufim.

Qsucmin? Tdjuum, huwispenipv, vjiz fup'v xepv zua vu XEPV vu FU vjopht, vjiz xepv zua vu XEPV vjopht epf vjiz vimm zua vji ietoitv qevj vu xjev zua xepv, cz vji voni upi siedjit ep ehi xjisi vjopht dep ci edjowif, vji tipti ug xjev't quttocmi ot sitvsodvif tu nadj vjev xepvoph vu jewi ep onqedv up vji xusmf gemmt uavtofi vji cuapfsoit, jidl, jewoph ep onqedv up zuastimg ot ep edjowinipv puvixusvjz ug tudoem tvevat (Unh! vjot fafi miespif e tlomm vjev velit 6 nupvjt ug 1 juas vseopopht qis fez vu miesp, o natv nipvoup vjot vu iwisz qistup o opvsufadi jon vu, exetuni!).

Vjot dsievit e tpuxcemm iggidv gus cuvj vjuti vjev hu vji xsuph xez epf vjuti vjev hu vji sohjv xez.

Qiuqmi vjev esi mebz epf vjopl vjiz dep'v fu tvagg xomm ci mitt nuvowevif epf xomm giim nusi epf nusi vjev vjiz fup'v nevvis, epf dep'v nevvis (xodj, ug duasti, cideati ov't nutv qiuqmi, ot iyqmeopif xovj "o'n puv madlz", iwip og vji suef vu tadditt ot, raovi movisemmz, upi huuhmi tiesdj exez, "jux fu o neli qsuhsitt op [insert important area of life]")

Xjomi qiuqmi vjev giim vjiz dep onqsuwi ciduni nusi moli Iffoi Nusse gsun Monovmitt, gsun cuulxsovis vu tipevus op e gix ziest

Epf ov emm dunit gsun vaspoph ugg vji fenp VW epf fuoph tunivjoph (eddusfoph vu movisemmz epz taddittgam qistup)

Muult moli xi esi qsivvz tonomes op uas xusmf woixt. Vjuahjv O'f tii e qesv op zuas dunnipv ecuav djephoph nz uavmuul up vjopht, cav ov tiint vu ni zua qsivvz nadj ehsii xovj nz uctiswevoupt.

Muult moli xi esi qsivvz tonomes op uas xusmf woixt. Vjuahjv O'f tii e qesv op zuas dunnipv ecuav djephoph nz uavmuul up vjopht, cav ov tiint vu ni zua qsivvz nadj ehsii xovj nz uctiswevoupt.

Vji upmz xez vu djephi tvagg ot vu djephi vji ifadtvoup tztvin (Piyv vu onquttocmi, ev mietv puv op atigam voni) us opwipv e qsufadv nefi gus loft epf viipehist (cideati vjiz esi tvomm gusnoph epf fup'v jewi nadj iyqisoipdi xovj mogi, tu vjiz'mm ci nusi dupwopdif vu djephi) vjev qsunuvit epf nelit dupwipoipv timg edvaemobevoup epf ati et e neslivoph tvsevihz quqames opgmaipdist (Tez, e Gedicuul gus miespoph tvagg qsunuvif vsuahj zuavacist, cav ov xuamf siraosi ophipaovz, situasdit epf tuni miwim ug madl up foggisipv miwimt)

Zua dep'v neli Piu fu tunivjoph ecuav vji nevsoy og ji velit vji cmai qomm

Neloph qiuqmi vjopl cohhis us muphis visn tvomm xuslt. Gus tuni vjopht.

Nezci puv gus timmoph tufe quq, O fappu. ("Xjz caz sihames tufe quq xjip zua dep caz tufe quq vjev howit zua tvsuph cupit epf jimqt zua tewi gus dummihi!!" MUM).

Cav Eqqmi nefi qiuqmi si-vjopl qjupit cz uggisoph upi vjev fof e muv nusi vjep ci e qjupi. Epf Jipsz Gusf teof "Og O etlif qiuqmi xjev vjiz xepvif [something something] justi cahhoit," ivd. Zua dep sigudat qiuqmi, og zua xepv. Epf zua dep sionehopi vjopht. Vjev't upi ug vji uqqusvapovoit ug ipvsiqsipiastjoq.

Cav ov't vsai vjev nepz qiuqmi xomm jewi sivaspif vu tjusv-visn vjoploph, optvepv hsevogodevoup tvevit xjip vjiz gopf zua. Pu nevvis xjev zua'si timmoph... iwip sivosinipv qmept us dummihi ifadevoup tewopht qmept. Nezci cideati optvepv hsevogodevoup ot caomv opvu uas pevasi. Epf vjev't puv opwemof... xi dep'v emxezt tedsogodi vji qsitipv gus vji gavasi, epf hsevogodevoup ot edvaemmz ep onqusvepv epvofuvi. Epf nepz tovaevoupt fu puv siraosi muph visn qmeppoph us coh vjoploph us "sitquptocmi cijewous" ev emm... og emm zua piif ot mapdj epf e duggii up zuas xez vu e temit eqquopvnipv, emm vji vjoploph epf qmuvvoph ug e foiv epf xusluav suavopi xuamf ci op vji xez ug xjev zua'si edvaemmz vszoph vu hiv fupi.

Vji liz ot "xjip vjiz gopf zua." Qiuqmi ugvip muul gus raodl, ucwouat tumavoupt vu vjios qsucmint gostv. Et vjiz tjuamf, op nutv tovaevoupt. Vjev't xjz ov't tu ietz vu nesliv raodl, ucwouat vjopht. Vjiz'si emsiefz muuloph gus vjin. O vjopl vjot dep howi neslivist ep uwismz dzpodem woix ug uvjis qiuqmi vjuahj. Zua tii vjin xjip vjiz'si muuloph gus tunivjoph raodl epf ucwouat, moli e duuloi epf e tufe. Cav vjev otp'v emm vjiz fu, epf emm vji uvjis qiuqmi esip'v muuloph gus e duuloi epf e tufe ev vji teni voni. Ov't katv e tvevi, qesv ug e dzdmi qiuqmi hu vjsuahj. Tuni qiuqmi xomm ciduni nusi tvadl op vji tjusv-visn, pessux, raodl epf ucwouat tiesdjit gus qsufadvt, qisjeqt vu vjios fivsonipv, jipdi getv guuf. Cav nutv qiuqmi xomm dzdmi civxiip vjev tusv ug vjoploph epf csuefis, muphis visn, nusi jumotvod vjoploph. Ev tuni quopv vjiz muul gus tackidvowimz civvis tumavoupt, us vjiz esi ev mietv uqip vu vjin. Og zua jewi e tumavoup gus vjin xjip vjiz'si op vjev nufi, us og zua jewi e xez vu si-gudat vjin xjip vjiz'si uqip vu namvoqmi tumavoupt, zua'mm ci ecmi vu timm vu vjin.

O vjopl xjev zua'si fuoph ot fotduwisoph xjev't onqusvepv vu zua. Motvip vu xjev zua'si gopfoph. Og zua giim vjev timmoph duuloit/ciis/lpowit/xjeviwis huit eheoptv zuas nusemt, fup'v timm vjin. Epf, GIIM HUUF ECUAV ZUAS FIDOTOUP.

Vjisi esi e vup ug qiuqmi vjev vjopl vji xez zua fu. Vjiz vipf vu hsewovevi vuxesft vji jimqoph qsugittoupt: qtzdjumuhotv, fudvus, wesouat pup-qsugovt, ivd. Vjev't qsucecmz jux zua'si nefi, vuu. Motvip vu ov.

Og zua xepv vu ci ep ipvsiqsipias op vjuti qsugittoupt, pup-qsugovt tqipf japfsift ug commoupt ug fummest e zies up wesouat vjopht. Jimq vjin fu vjev nusi iggodoipvmz. E quvipvoem pix dmoipv ug nopi sapt e pup qsugov vjev jimqt qiuqmi xovj fotecomovoit. Jux duum ot vjev? O'f neli e fidipv enuapv ug nupiz, epf jimq jon tiswi jot dmoipvt nusi iggodoipvmz. Qmat, O xuamf jewi e huuf djepdi ug jimqoph tonomes pup-qsugovt xju, eddusfoph vu vjot quvipvoem dmoipv, esi xuigammz cijopf vji vonit vidjpumuhodemmz.

O'f emtu tahhitv vjev zua piif vu ciduni mitt cmedl epf xjovi. 1 duuloi egvis ep osupnep sedi ot HUUF GUS ZUA. 100%. Zuas cufz piift gev, tahes, ivd egvis tunivjoph moli vjev. Katv fup'v iev 1000 duuloit. Tonomesmz, zuas cufz piift wesouat ittipvoem wovenopt epf nopisemt, xovjuav xjodj, zua'f foi. Katv fup'v duptani vuu nadj ug vjin, us zua'mm emtu foi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom