The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

the essence of time

Anything related to matters of the mind

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
how do you value your time, in my opinion i believe that time is one of the most important resources
we have as humans that money can't buy.it's really true because if you look into it 1 billion dollars can't
buy 1 minute of last year, that's how important time is and yet still we tend to waste it.hey!!! i am no self help
guru i am just a normal guy who take things into perspective and i am the last guy on earth to tell you how to live your life.
on the otherhand though what i am trying to say is that we are wasting alot of time daily and when you look at it life is short it really is
because 80 - 90 years of living is pretty short to me and most persons waste 40+ years of their life doing what watching television, sleeping 10+ hours a day,
partying get high for the moment the next day your wasted and repeat the process well not to ruin your little party but if that's not time wasting well i don't know
what is then.i was once a apart of this time wasting scheme as well, i use to say hey i'll wait until i am 40 to start focusing on my health, i'll wait until i am older and more experience to start invest
but when you look at it how the hell am i going to gain experience if i don't start.

i use to say hey i am going to get alot of girls and have alot of sex and stuff like that but at the end of the day all these things are short term which have long term consequences.if you ask a 60
year old what they would do different they would've told you a million things one of the main things most of them would say is "if i did know", yep as simple as that guys if i did know, some very powerful words
if i did know i would've paid more attention to my kids, if i did know i would've followed my dream, if i did know i would've paid more attention to my health. so many if this and if that those regrets then lead to depression
then creates other diseases and destroy your mind,body and soul.it sounds harsh but it is what it is and i hope that you guys don't follow that path. hey no one is perfect i know that already we all make mistakes, shit happens
but most of us are complaining about life is this and life is that but when you look at it "DON'T BLAME LIFE, BLAME THE WAY HOW YOU LIVE IT", and that's what most persons tend to overlook instead of complaining and crying about it
get off your damn butt and work as simple as that, their is nothing esoteric to success although to make it to a certain level in life will take alot of hardwork and sacrifice.

let's get back to the point in this closing paragraph most of us are wasting alot of time like we got a thousands years to live well for me i am a mortal and i am not gonna waste no more time anymore because i came to realization that
time is one of the most important gifts we got otherwise from our mind that money can't buy.we all got 24 hours a day but it's what we do with it that counts.it's what we do with these 24 hours which seperates the successful from the well you know not so successful.
so i will leave this off with a great quote and stay focus and work towards your dream both great and small.
quote-a-life-of-leisure-and-a-life-of-laziness-.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Jul 24, 2007
I am not too far from 60. There is no sense in having regrets at all. How you spend your time is simply that...

I would change some things if I had it all to do over again though. Mainly, I would have taken a more aggressive approach to real estate.

Everything that we do helps to shape us. I learned from my party and troublemaking days. I learned from my time on jobs. I learned from my two divorces.

Life is filled with experiences. You should take advantage of time to have as many experiences as you can. Even the negative ones are beneficial in some aspect.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I am not too far from 60. There is no sense in having regrets at all. How you spend your time is simply that...

I would change some things if I had it all to do over again though. Mainly, I would have taken a more aggressive approach to real estate.

Everything that we do helps to shape us. I learned from my party and troublemaking days. I learned from my time on jobs. I learned from my two divorces.

Life is filled with experiences. You should take advantage of time to have as many experiences as you can. Even the negative ones are beneficial in some aspect.
You're back!?

Missed you bro!

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
how do you value your time, in my opinion i believe that time is one of the most important resources
we have as humans that money can't buy.it's really true because if you look into it 1 billion dollars can't
buy 1 minute of last year,

I get what you mean and I agree. But as a side note... :bookworm:

Well, it's certainly a possibility that $1 billion could buy it.

Look at Calico that was established by Google with hundreds of millions as a budget. I am very curious where they are heading. It's kind of secretive at the moment.

Look at SENS, Peter Thiel invested into it. It's focused on reducing the damages that the body accumulates through simply living as opposed to tinker with metabolism which is far too complex. But with $5 million a year, it's unfortunately underfunded. As opposed to billions that go into research of hair loss. Basic research is hard to get funding for. You can find very interesting interviews on Youtube.

Most don't realize it, but we live in a time where this kind of science fiction is a possibility that could happen in our life time. Breakthroughs happen monthly, but they're very technical so we don't notice them. Of course it's only a possibility.

////// ***end of wishful thinking*** :)

Last edited by a moderator:

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
I get what you mean and I agree. But as a side note... :bookworm:

Well, it's certainly a possibility that $1 billion could buy it.

Look at Calico that was established by Google with hundreds of millions as a budget. I am very curious where they are heading. It's kind of secretive at the moment.

Look at SENS, Peter Thiel invested into it. It's focused on reducing the damages that the body accumulates through simply living as opposed to tinker with metabolism which is far too complex. But with $5 million a year, it's unfortunately underfunded. As opposed to billions that go into research of hair loss. Basic research is hard to get funding for. You can find very interesting interviews on Youtube.

Most don't realize it, but we live in a time where this kind of science fiction is a possibility that could happen in our life time. Breakthroughs happen monthly, but they're very technical so we don't notice them. Of course it's only a possibility.

////// ***end of wishful thinking*** :)
lol i understand you the way how science is exceeding expectations these days maybe man could live forever in the next 100 years who knows, some scientist did do an experiment where they cut off a monkeys head and put it on another monkey's body and that monkey lived for an approximately 7 days some amazing stuff isn't it, but stuff like those will contradict the persons who believe those fairytales written in the book and they would saying things such like," but but that wasn't written in the book how is that possible".

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Funny you used a picture of Ben Franklin because he did nothing but have sex and party in France
come-on-bro-do-you-even-history.jpg

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
bitter truth !

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
lol i understand you the way how science is exceeding expectations these days maybe man could live forever in the next 100 years who knows, some scientist did do an experiment where they cut off a monkeys head and put it on another monkey's body and that monkey lived for an approximately 7 days some amazing stuff isn't it, but stuff like those will contradict the persons who believe those fairytales written in the book and they would saying things such like," but but that wasn't written in the book how is that possible".

Who knows?

Scientists and billionaires know, because while some people spend their time posting about running out of time, others spend their time working on breakthroughs in biological, medical, and technological advancements toward extending our time, or making millions or billions by starting companies focused on these efforts.

I highly suggest looking into SENS Foundation for those who want to learn about the very real possibility of extending our time in young healthy bodies, or at the very least giving our children the option to do so. Most people don't know of the coming technologies because all their lives they're told they're going to die. They're told they're running out of time. But when did humanity stop considering the possibility that we might not know everything there is to know?

In another time people agreed that the Earth was flat. In another time people agreed that a person who stopped breathing was dead, but then we discovered CPR and all of a sudden we could resurrect people. We assume time is running out, but when was the last time we stopped to wonder if we might be wrong? When was the last time we considered how we know when the dead are really dead?

I agree that entrepreneurs have to spend their time wisely if they want to get ahead, but I wonder how many entrepreneurs skip wisdom and opportunity altogether simply because they're too focused on getting the most out of their time. Most would be wise to look 10,000 meters ahead instead of just the first 5 meters in front. Most would be wise to discover the world's real problems instead of only working on the small stuff.

Google the X Prize or SENS Foundation and get ready to poop yourself when you read some of the stuff people are working on, because it truly is mind blowing. Think big to earn big. Do something that changes the world, and you win the game.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Who knows?

Scientists and billionaires know, because while some people spend their time posting about running out of time, others spend their time working on breakthroughs in biological, medical, and technological advancements toward extending our time, or making millions or billions by starting companies focused on these efforts.

I highly suggest looking into SENS Foundation for those who want to learn about the very real possibility of extending our time in young healthy bodies, or at the very least giving our children the option to do so. Most people don't know of the coming technologies because all their lives they're told they're going to die. They're told they're running out of time. But when did humanity stop considering the possibility that we might not know everything there is to know?

In another time people agreed that the Earth was flat. In another time people agreed that a person who stopped breathing was dead, but then we discovered CPR and all of a sudden we could resurrect people. We assume time is running out, but when was the last time we stopped to wonder if we might be wrong? When was the last time we considered how we know when the dead are really dead?

I agree that entrepreneurs have to spend their time wisely if they want to get ahead, but I wonder how many entrepreneurs skip wisdom and opportunity altogether simply because they're too focused on getting the most out of their time. Most would be wise to look 10,000 meters ahead instead of just the first 5 meters in front. Most would be wise to discover the world's real problems instead of only working on the small stuff.

Google the X Prize or SENS Foundation and get ready to poop yourself when you read some of the stuff people are working on, because it truly is mind blowing. Think big to earn big. Do something that changes the world, and you win the game.
for real i respect that all these break throughs are mind blowing i believe that it's all apart of evoloution it's amazing to see how far we've come and technology are growing so fast each and everyday.scientist claim billionaires are going to be immortal in the next 200 years because they are going to be rich enough to buy those latest technological advance stuff that can make them superhumans i mean honestly
i believe that persons are going to live for 100-200 years in the future or maybe forever but i don't think anytime now like in this century but we will get their eventually.i have alot of respect for religion and their followers but to put it in perspective things like these in my opinion will contradict religion.

Last edited:

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
First, I am so sorry for hijacking this thread, but I am too excited about this topic xD

scientist claim billionaires are going to be immortal in the next 200 years because they are going to be rich enough to buy those latest technological advance stuff that can make them superhumans i mean honestly
i believe that persons are going to live for 100-200 years in the future or maybe forever but i don't think anytime now like in this century but we will get their eventually.i have alot of respect for religion and their followers but to put it in perspective things like these in my opinion will contradict religion.

Believing that this won't happen in this century does a huge disservice to our advancement. Who is going to donate if it isn't relevant to present life? Consequently donating for other things that improve our present life seems to be more rational.

Governments are primarily or to a huge degree interested in winning the next election, so they look for the people's preferences. And if the population is more interested in treating hair loss because this other stuff won't happen in their life time anyways, then the budget allocation for basic research will go exactly to that cause, namely hair loss.

So there are only two possibilities left. Either a billionaire donates a huge chunk of money for basic research, which doesn't seem wise from an investment perspective. Or the awareness that this is possible in our life time has to become so huge that ordinary people speak about it, donate, etc. so that the government changes the allocation of funds.

Maybe the first step is realizing (in the case of SENS) that it isn't about becoming superhuman or immortal. It's about fighting the diseases of old age. Succeeding means living into old age in good health. Thus a side effect is living longer. In the beginning maybe 30 years or so, but that gives time to improve the therapies. And after a breakthrough is achieved, the improvement of the technologies will probably be sort of exponential.

This seems more plausible than building an avatar/robot and uploading the mind in the next 50 years :)

I don't think that such therapies will be super expensive (like only for the super rich) after a certain initial period. I think it will be readily available for ordinary people. The reasons are the astronomical costs for our society in regards to treating diseases and disabilities of old age, leaving the work force, pensions, etc. Think about alleviating these phenomena. I am sure as hell that the government will step in and regulate this.

@SinisterLex Real good post! In regards to real problems, I am always amazed how Elon Musk explains himself as an entreprenuer. All power to such people :notworthy:

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
First, I am so sorry for hijacking this thread, but I am too excited about this topic xD

Believing that this won't happen in this century does a huge disservice to our advancement. Who is going to donate if it isn't relevant to present life? Consequently donating for other things that improve our present life seems to be more rational.

Governments are primarily or to a huge degree interested in winning the next election, so they look for the people's preferences. And if the population is more interested in treating hair loss because this other stuff won't happen in their life time anyways, then the budget allocation for basic research will go exactly to that cause, namely hair loss.

So there are only two possibilities left. Either a billionaire donates a huge chunk of money for basic research, which doesn't seem wise from an investment perspective. Or the awareness that this is possible in our life time has to become so huge that ordinary people speak about it, donate, etc. so that the government changes the allocation of funds.

Maybe the first step is realizing (in the case of SENS) that it isn't about becoming superhuman or immortal. It's about fighting the diseases of old age. Succeeding means living into old age in good health. Thus a side effect is living longer. In the beginning maybe 30 years or so, but that gives time to improve the therapies. And after a breakthrough is achieved, the improvement of the technologies will probably be sort of exponential.

This seems more plausible than building an avatar/robot and uploading the mind in the next 50 years :)

I don't think that such therapies will be super expensive (like only for the super rich) after a certain initial period. I think it will be readily available for ordinary people. The reasons are the astronomical costs for our society in regards to treating diseases and disabilities of old age, leaving the work force, pensions, etc. Think about alleviating these phenomena. I am sure as hell that the government will step in and regulate this.

@SinisterLex Real good post! In regards to real problems, I am always amazed how Elon Musk explains himself as an entreprenuer. All power to such people :notworthy:
that's true i agree with that great response but things like these will take a while for the media especially religious persons to digest lol. i remember when they said that the chips they are putting in humans these days is the mark of the beast but when you look at it it's just another way of advancement and making life easier to my standpoint.peter thiel is working on some cool stuffs right now the last interview i watched of him on bloomberg he said that he stopped eat sugar which is a good thing to me.alot of things is going in this world but most of them is hidden behind doors all kinds of experiments and stuff but the thing is most of these stuff will contradict most of the things we know about reality and our way of life.for example why did man stop went to the moon, some of us may never know.what bothers me sometimes is that they are so many questions and not enough answers because as i said there are alot things going on that's really mind blowing for instance i heard about that some of the korean scientist are trying to throw molecules through wall which can lead to teleportation lol some of these things are really interesting.

Last edited:

Akira

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 29, 2015
There's a saying that i like, it goes something like "the best time to start something was yesterday. The 2nd best time is now."

I'm not in my 60s yet (in 30s), but i do wish i could go back in time and give my younger self some words of wisdom.

Could have, should haves...

Personally, I find it useful and productive to focus on what to do now and move forward, rather than lamenting on lost time...that route can be very down-spiraling ("i haven't amount to much in the past, what makes it any different now?")

On the topic of health, yes it is very important. I wonder how many online entrepreneurs ignore this part of their lives in pursuit of building their businesses? Doesn't it make sense to be in good health so you can work most effectively?

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Not even 25 and I feel like my time is running out. :( Wasted a ton of time in the past, still getting angry about it from time to time, but there's no point in living a worried life. Excited to see what progress science is making in the next 10-20 years. Now back to work, so I can afford the cool stuff.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
There's a saying that i like, it goes something like "the best time to start something was yesterday. The 2nd best time is now."

I'm not in my 60s yet (in 30s), but i do wish i could go back in time and give my younger self some words of wisdom.

Could have, should haves...

Personally, I find it useful and productive to focus on what to do now and move forward, rather than lamenting on lost time...that route can be very down-spiraling ("i haven't amount to much in the past, what makes it any different now?")

On the topic of health, yes it is very important. I wonder how many online entrepreneurs ignore this part of their lives in pursuit of building their businesses? Doesn't it make sense to be in good health so you can work most effectively?
that's so true man it's life you know i use to waste a lot of time as well the thing is i become aware you know that's the best thing to me you know we all become aware of the fact and changes start from there.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
One common thing that every individual looks forward to control, make the best of it, value, dedicate, is TIME. Always set intentions for the values we need to give more attention to and create the transition needed to enrich that to better organize.

Akira

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 29, 2015
I'm wondering though, any fellow members here who are working on their Fastlane business on the side, while still working in a full time job?

Any particular challenges you guys are facing?

Or are you guys are mostly going all in and working on your fastlane business full-time?

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
I'm wondering though, any fellow members here who are working on their Fastlane business on the side, while still working in a full time job?

Any particular challenges you guys are facing?

Or are you guys are mostly going all in and working on your fastlane business full-time?
why not just build a thread then you will see alot guys answer just ask them the same question "

Any particular challenges you guys are facing?"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.