The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Keys to Success

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tomekmeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jan 21, 2016
Hey :)
Today after thinking deeply about my future I realised that my recipe to success has a huge gap in it.

It's my daily routine. I have a tendency to waste time. I'm really trying to fight it and I think I'm doing good so far. I made a list that contains a few things in it that I'm allowed to spend my time on. Still my day isn't planned really well so here comes the question:

What exactly separates successful people from the crowd? By that I mean their daily habits such as waking up earlier than the others.

I can bet that a millionaire's day looks way different than an usual person's. What are the differences?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado
I think this is a great question. When I left the W2 world and started surrounding myself with people making big money, the difference between how these two groups spent time was massive. Frankly, I was shocked at how "hyper-productive" these people were.

A lot to post, but here are a couple observations:

1. Highly successful folk are often doing something they're extremely interested in.

So much so, that they almost don't consider it work. If you were building a money machine and seeing big results, wouldn't that be exciting? More exciting than watching TV or playing video games? Yes.

In fact, some of the people I know say they only work 30 hours or so per week, but in reality, they're actually working much, much more...it just doesn't feel like work to them. Find something you're highly interested in if you don't want to waste time.

2. Highly successful people spend their time on important things that generate results.

They don't do things because someone told them to. This can apply to a standard job too. Are your tasks really adding value, or are they being done just because it's always been that way? Companies and people waste massive amounts of time doing things that don't really matter...that's why Six Sigma, Lean, and other initiatives can yield such huge results for big companies.

Successful people, it seems, have a natural tendency toward working in a very lean manner.

Of course, there are certainly low- or non-value-add things that you'll need to do, and that's where delegation comes in. Successful people outsource a lot...both domestic and professional tasks. If you're making any sort of decent money, getting an assistant can multiply what you can do. If you don't think you're yet ready to pay for assistance, interns can be awesome resources. There are even plenty of people who want just a few hours per week...very affordable. And for domestic stuff, how much does your neighborhood kid charge to mow the lawn? Bookkeeping for your business that takes you 10 hours a week? It would probably take a professional 1 hours per week. Many opportunities to parcel out things you spend your time on, allowing you to multiply your earning potential.

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado
And while not perfect, "The 4-Hour Workweek" is a good go-to book for ideas and inspiration when it comes to how to use your time effectively.

CLE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Feb 7, 2016
I have actually been watching the differences between successful and normal people lately. I notice normal people like spend a lot of their time bitching about things or other people and they do very little about it and they quit very quickly and easily. That's even if they have the energy to start anything which most don't even have that. I notice successful people always say there is a way when things get hard. Quit is not an option for them. They also spend much less time complaining in general. All that energy spent complaining could have taken them several steps in the right direction if they only tried. In the last few weeks I have felt a resurgence inside myself despite the fact I'm 37 years old. I now know I should have had this fuel when I was in my teens or 20's but for some reason I didn't. Back then getting by with the least minimal effort seemed sufficient to me but now nothing but the best for effort will do. I have a newfound need within myself to be somebody. I'm thinking much more clearly, catching many people by surprise of my extensive knowledge on subjects. I find it so easy to close a deal in sales suddenly. Specific ways of wording things to potential customers make all the difference. Successful also distance themselves from toxic people. Sometimes these people are very close family or friends but if they are zeros they will keep you from being your best.

Tomekmeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jan 21, 2016
I have actually been watching the differences between successful and normal people lately. I notice normal people like spend a lot of their time bitching about things or other people and they do very little about it and they quit very quickly and easily. That's even if they have the energy to start anything which most don't even have that. I notice successful people always say there is a way when things get hard. Quit is not an option for them. They also spend much less time complaining in general. All that energy spent complaining could have taken them several steps in the right direction if they only tried. In the last few weeks I have felt a resurgence inside myself despite the fact I'm 37 years old. I now know I should have had this fuel when I was in my teens or 20's but for some reason I didn't. Back then getting by with the least minimal effort seemed sufficient to me but now nothing but the best for effort will do. I have a newfound need within myself to be somebody. I'm thinking much more clearly, catching many people by surprise of my extensive knowledge on subjects. I find it so easy to close a deal in sales suddenly. Specific ways of wording things to potential customers make all the difference. Successful also distance themselves from toxic people. Sometimes these people are very close family or friends but if they are zeros they will keep you from being your best.
Thank you sir!

Ultra Magnus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Oct 9, 2015
Purchase, read and apply Dan Kennedy's No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs. It's only like 15$ in ebook format. If you are ruthless with managing your time you will see instant results, and you will have measurable proof of how much you did, by scripting your days. Some people insist that they "work like crazy", "never stop working", etc., but if you manage your time you will discover just how much real work you're doing, and quickly learn what your limits are when trying to compress breaks. You might discover that between commuting, "killing it at the gym", commuting to "kill it at the gym", cooking and eating, browsing forums, checking email and taking phone calls you're hardly getting anything done. It's far better if you honestly put in a few hours of focussed work (like 3-4 per day) in the key aspects of your business without suffering interruptions than if you think about it "all the time", like in the shower or while taking a crap. Believe me, I did both, and time management is better. Now excuse me, my scheduled break is over.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tomekmeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jan 21, 2016
Purchase, read and apply Dan Kennedy's No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs. It's only like 15$ in ebook format. If you are ruthless with managing your time you will see instant results, and you will have measurable proof of how much you did, by scripting your days. Some people insist that they "work like crazy", "never stop working", etc., but if you manage your time you will discover just how much real work you're doing, and quickly learn what your limits are when trying to compress breaks. You might discover that between commuting, "killing it at the gym", commuting to "kill it at the gym", cooking and eating, browsing forums, checking email and taking phone calls you're hardly getting anything done. It's far better if you honestly put in a few hours of focussed work (like 3-4 per day) in the key aspects of your business without suffering interruptions than if you think about it "all the time", like in the shower or while taking a crap. Believe me, I did both, and time management is better. Now excuse me, my scheduled break is over.
Thank you! Defnitely gonna place the book on the first place in my "Must read" list :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.