The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

lankyape

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Mar 20, 2021
1700358285782.jpeg

Won my first muay thai fight a little while ago! I've been training for just over a year now, loving every minute of it. I highly recommend getting into any martial art (even if you don't want to compete), it has done wonders for my physical and mental health!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm getting too old for long flights.

I had two flights yesterday. One 2 hours and then a long haul one for 10 hours. In a seat like this:

View attachment 52320

Apart from the already booked return flight from this trip I don't think I'll do such long flights again as the health impact is too much.

I'll limit myself to at most 6-7 hours of flying a day and break down any longer trip into a few days with stopovers for recovery.

I can't understand how people can manage 12-hour plus flights.
When we are younger, we are just happy to be going anywhere. So that’s why we will sit on a 12 hour flight just to vacation on the other side of the country. However, when we are older, it is all about comfort.

I went to Bali this summer for a wedding and some people were like wow you are so lucky to be going to Bali. And I was telling them I’m only going if I can fly business class. Flew using points, cost $50.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I have always considered commercial air travel almost completely intolerable.

First class helps, but it's still a bad experience.

It will ultimately have to be private.
Getting a jet or flying private is the only perk that possibly keeps motivating me to make more money. Meet Kevin had a great video on how much his private jet cost yearly it was about $1.6 million a year for upkeep. He is paying around $5,000/hr, not including the jet price.

Chartering a jet is around $12,000/hr. So Vegas to Chicago is $96,000 round trip!

I can tolerate flying first class now. But the biggest issue is I cannot bring my dog lol. First world, 1%er problems.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I could afford business class but I would feel like I'm greatly overpaying for it because usually it costs something ridiculous, like at least 5x more. If it was double then that would be more sensible.

But that might just be another mental block to overcome as I love traveling and it would be nice to not feel like shit after a long flight (though I doubt there's any difference in humidity levels in business class or the general impact of sitting so much).

Private sounds beautiful but it scares me. Most accidents happen on private planes while commercial is over 200x safer.

View attachment 52325
If first class was double economy, then everybody would pay for it and there would be no room in first class. The reason first class is 5X the economy price is because it is worth 5X!

And yes, it is a mental block. Because once you do it one time you will not go back and there will be a mental block going the opposite direction lol.

And also, there is no comparison between an economy seat and a lie flat seat. When you arrive at your destination, you will feel refreshed versus tired.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Getting a jet or flying private is the only perk that possibly keeps motivating me to make more money. Meet Kevin had a great video on how much his private jet cost yearly it was about $1.6 million a year for upkeep. He is paying around $5,000/hr, not including the jet price.

Chartering a jet is around $12,000/hr. So Vegas to Chicago is $96,000 round trip!

I can tolerate flying first class now. But the biggest issue is I cannot bring my dog lol. First world, 1%er problems.
Jet cards make it a lot cheaper. More like 7k for light jet. The biggest thing is flying alone vs taking people with you.

If you fill the seats up and treat the whole family you can divide it up and it sort of kind of starts to make slightly more sense vs several first class plane tickets. :smuggy:

There are a lot of things you can do with it. All levels of new fractional. Memberships. Charter plans. Jet cards. New ownership. Used ownership. Used fractional. Partner with someone. I think used ownership, some kind of partnership and leaseback is probably my favorite for my use case, but I sometimes wonder if I'd save money just coughing up the charter fees.

Leaseback to charter companies help offset some of the maintence cost and provides you with a large staff for a flight department. So you don't have one captian single point of failure for instance.

I've run all the numbers though... And it's still kind of stupid. Hope one day I'm rich enough that it isn't. :rofl:

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Just saw Andrew Schulz live, no photos allowed unfortunately

I’ve never been to a comedy main act like that, it was amazing

If he goes to anyone here’s city, it’s definitely worth going to

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018
IMG_2229.jpeg

Business travel… but in style. VIP lounge with all the bells and whistles makes it both more enjoyable and more productive. Reading real estate reports before my flight.

I know, I know … @Kak would have me have a private jet! Sorry to disappoint, not even close to being there financially but I like the concept, a lot … one day!

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 9, 2020
One plus side of being a corporate rat, I get to fly private planes and don't have to pay for them .
The one behind me alone was 12 mil. Euro (Swiss made Pilatus with enough legroom for 6,3 ft me ). The corpo I slave for has got a few more similar planes and the airport is just outside my building, so I travel to airport by foot :)

Attachments

• IMG-20200717-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20200717-WA0007.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-20200717-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20200717-WA0008.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-20200717-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200717-WA0002.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 28

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Full mount to arm triangle transition.

I'm not bad at this one, improved a heap since I filmed this.

I enjoy playing from bottom position these days, open guard.

Is there anything more fun than martial arts?

I don't think so.
View attachment YouCut_20231130_002202350.mp4

Emperor7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 15, 2023

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
From last night...

He doesn't just randomly stare, he follows the ball and the action.

1701359898850.png

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Wall Street, NYC
Flew over from Dublin, Ireland. Only paid 340$ for my return flight. Had expected it to be a lot more.
Went up a notch on what I'd usually spend on a hotel instead.
Great feeling when you feel like you've reached a new level.

Caught up with @GuitarManDan for a few beers (and some Irish shots...)

Fun week in the city. Now onto the next level.

Attachments

• Video.MOV
    2 MB · Views: 0

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
This past Sunday I finally took a moment to get out and relax in some good ol' New Mexican hot springs. (My dog has a brain tumor. The last two months of my time and energy have largely gone into his treatment and recovery.)

1000006717.jpg

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"F*ck you money" story time!

I was in Costco and ran across a $900 vacuum, on sale for $700. I was like, WTF why is a vacuum $900? What's so great about it? What's the hook? The value?

So out of curiosity I bought it.

And the vacuum is pretty damn cool. We vacuumed our master bedroom with our normal central vac, and then proceeded to use this new vacuum. By the time we finished, you could have made yourself a full-length fur coat with all the dust and hair it picked up. I was actually pretty disgusting.

If anyone is curious, here's the vacuum...

1701540915101.png

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
"F*ck you money" story time!

I was in Costco and ran across a $900 vacuum, on sale for $700. I was like, WTF why is a vacuum $900? What's so great about it? What's the hook? The value?

So out of curiosity I bought it.

And the vacuum is pretty damn cool. We vacuumed our master bedroom with our normal central vac, and then proceeded to use this new vacuum. By the time we finished, you could have made yourself a full-length fur coat with all the dust and hair it picked up. I was actually pretty disgusting.

If anyone is curious, here's the vacuum...

View attachment 52756
Interesting, I'm seeing it on the website for $500, down from $700.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Might be online price, this was in store price.
I always assumed they were the same. Now I know better. I prefer in store, but will check online more regularly.

I suppose it could be different prices in different states too.

Just thought I'd mention it for those who don't have fu$ yet.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I got to rent an apartment that is like 70 meters from the beach entrance in Geriba Beach, Buzios, Brasil. This feels like it has been one of the best months of my life. Every day I woke up and first thing before screens was getting a 4km beach walk, some times with a poetry book in my kindle, learning german from early in the day. That walk just got me in the good mood for the rest of the day.
I also took several surfing lessons, I feel hooked to this sport. It was pretty amazing experience.

Photo of a sunset, of which I saw many but perhaps this was the most beautiful.

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-02 at 19.24.41.jpeg

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Fun activity for the fastlane forum:

If you’d have to make a movie about your life…

A) what genre will it be?

B) what will you title it?

C) who would you have starring in it? (Optional)

D)would you watch it with your children and grand children?

E) what would the age rating be?

I’ll go first:

“The Battles and Celebrations of Life”

It would be Non fiction, and the age would be PG 13.

Id have me starring in it

and it would be the biggest hit amongst my family;)

Let’s hear yours

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Just saw Andrew Schulz live, no photos allowed unfortunately

I’ve never been to a comedy main act like that, it was amazing

If he goes to anyone here’s city, it’s definitely worth going to
He is like the opposite of a lot of the other podcaster comedians. So many of them seem to have great podcasts that are funny, but their stand up sucks. For example, Tom Segura's stand up special was so boring and average but he has funny moments on his podcast.

Schulz's podcast with it's fake forced laughter is unbearable but his new special was great.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
He is like the opposite of a lot of the other podcaster comedians. So many of them seem to have great podcasts that are funny, but their stand up sucks. For example, Tom Segura's stand up special was so boring and average but he has funny moments on his podcast.

Schulz's podcast with it's fake forced laughter is unbearable but his new special was great.
It’s funny because I only really knew about him after seeing his old standup clips ages ago and I’ve followed him since and really wanted to go after really only seeing the old standup clips

Then after buying tickets I started looking at more of his stuff and was like oh, is this dude even funny, I’m not sure I actually like him maybe I only liked those old standup clips, I was thinking of not going

But yeah agreed, his standup is amazing, never laughed at any of his podcast clips

Theo Von is the same, he’s hilarious on podcasts but his standup is terrible, although I’m used to his humour now so I don’t find him as funny on podcasts anymore either

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You should buy it online and then return the costco one! It will only take you 1 hour of your time so you’ll make $200/hr. Lol

I just checked my receipt and sure enough, I paid $700. Online it is $500. I might do this @ $200/hour.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I just checked my receipt and sure enough, I paid $700. Online it is $500. I might do this @ $200/hour.
Biz idea: buy things online and return in person, make videos about this.

Then, when people hop on board, create a course, sell it for 999 on how to get started, create an AI that searches the web for flippable items, charge monthly for that AI.

Boom, you were hitting a gold mine, let news get out there and start selling shovels outside your mine;)

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
387%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Biz idea: buy things online and return in person, make videos about this.

Then, when people hop on board, create a course, sell it for 999 on how to get started, create an AI that searches the web for flippable items, charge monthly for that AI.

Boom, you were hitting a gold mine, let news get out there and start selling shovels outside your mine;)
If it got so huge, I'm guessing the arbitrage would dry up - it may be more profitable just to do it yourself & keep it under wraps.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

LOL, so this whole thing is about me misremembering something, and then backing up that mistake by misreading a receipt. Bottomline, I paid $500, the vac was normally $700. No return necessary, but it left me pretty disappointed in myself for such flippant oversights.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
LOL, so this whole thing is about me misremembering something, and then backing up that mistake by misreading a receipt. Bottomline, I paid $500, the vac was normally $700. No return necessary, but it left me pretty disappointed for the flippant oversights.
That arbitrage window closed fast.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.