The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane: Testimonials/Reviews - Part II

Theresa

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 26, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I couldn't put this book down. My parents lived in the slow lane their whole life and it just breaks my heart. My mom turns 63 today and is still working a government job so that she will get the maximum amount of money from her retirement. My dad dropped dead in October at 65 of a heart attack, never having retired. This book is a huge wake up call and I will begin implementing the strategies today. Thanks MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EdwardWhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Feb 27, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
About a week ago I picked up this book, and it was an entire game changer for me. While I was already working and plugging away at a business, I always felt like I really didn't have what it takes to create a business. Mostly, it was from massive amount of slow lane programming since I was born. I always felt like I wanted more, than a lousy job, then begin living on savings, at even at a smaller lifestyle. I also felt like I was always kind of like a square peg, never fitting the round hole of how people should deal with life like that.

This book fixed a lot of issues for me. First, it was more informative about what it takes to move away from the rat race. I always felt like many of the other self help books I've read, were always missing something, and this book cleared my thoughts that had holes. It also gave me the extra boost, to know that I can start where I am, and get somewhere really better, fast.

I can really relate to the life story, of trying many things and only failing in them, and feeling more and more crushed by my job. I have gain my courage back to stay even more focused than ever before

Now I have no doubts that its possible to build the my business.

I also now know that Im not just doing it to gain freedom for my wife and I, but to really build a business that could fill a great need. I now have the tools I need to accomplish this, since I know the rules to really succeed. Thank you MJ!

zartania

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 20, 2011
This book is super sweet! I finally picked up a motivational book where the author has a lot of the same ideas as me. In reading just the first few chapters I had several "Hell Yeah!" moments. The only difference in my ideas and MJ's is that he's put them all into practice and is living the dream. I've only put some of them into practice and am integrating the rest as I write this. I'll be there soon!

tiameg

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 12, 2011
De Ja Vu - plus a lot of humour

Never taken the time to praise a book online before (never had cause in all honesty) but decided I will make an exception here.

About a year ago, I dumped all the junk e-books taking up space on my hardrive and vowed to never read a business/money making/method book again (read all the guru stuff, bought into some until I tested it out), made a bit of coin here and there but never enough. Always felt that they must have missed out the 'juicy bits' and felt a bit cheated by this.

A friend I hadn't seen in some time, who can barely type an email bought this book for me as gift which was a feat for them (thinking I was still reading guru books yadda ya and as I'm notoriously hard to buy gifts for - so I'm told). I wasn't going to even read your book, mainly due to the title (sorry MJ) plus being very busy in my current business leaves me little time. Luckily I'm nosey and could not resist a peak before deletion...

Wow, some of your early experiences were like reading back on my own diaries, I've had so many similar experiences in business/work over time (not hit my millions yet or come close but I will) and came to the same conclusions as the author on so many points but thought I was/must be a little 'off' for doing so. It really helped me seeing that someone else reached the same conclusions and reinforced that I was perhaps not 'off' at all but finally getting the idea of things!

I for one am glad I read this book because although somehow I have managed to raise two kids, keep my family afloat, put them both through college etc. alone, via 20 yrs of self employment, it has not been easy and money has always remained very 'tight'. I have had 3 main attempts (and a few skirmishes) at different businesses of very different types during this time:

1, after being lucrative failed as the market changed and I didn't have the foresight or funds to keep up (my bad should have sold up and got out)

2, I set up a business with another entity who after great mutual success, pulled the rug out from under me. (Didn't see it coming, should have looked harder)

Then, like yourself, I taught myself all the 'web stuff' and went that-a-way...

I'm now on my third business which I love but is very time consuming 18hrs a day most days and so far is just about paying the bills but with nothing to spare and I already know it is unlikely to make me my millions, again de-ja-vu.

I recently had a fourth business idea, I have actually invented something but have just rolled the idea around in my head for months instead of taking action as I have been afraid to take the plunge in case it ended up the same as the others - I want more this time than just enough to pay the bills out of this one!

After reading your book, I'm so glad that I waited and didn't start it yet. Your clear strategic tips on formulating the business from (conception to exit strategy) so that it's not dependant exclusively on 'you' but a system and not sucking up all your time and the life out of you, plus how to think on a larger scale from day one - have made me re-think exactly how I'm going to do everything from ground zero on this project. I think that you have given me lots off food for thought, as well as some clear rules/principles to set this one up by.

Maybe I'm a slow learner and should have got all this stuff myself somehow sooner, perhaps it's your clear 'pull no punches' delivery style or the humour I found in the fact that you didn't water it down so you did not offend certain 'sectors' but whatever it is, it's struck a chord with me and I have enjoyed the book immensely , learnt a lot and I also found it very entertaining and feel that I have got a lot of value from the info contained that I will be applying to my next enterprise.

However, do you know what I loved about the book most of all? The end! I was expecting to get to the end and find a crappy upsell. How refreshing that you have more integrity than those 'shameless gurus' and didn't do that to your reader like they do. Respect and thanks for that alone ;)

I wish you success with your book.

D

DeletedUser2

Ok MJ, you earned a top spot on my book shelf.

most stuff I read is Trash! rehashed at that.

Been an entrepreneur for over 20 yrs. taken a company public, dont ALOT of diff busineess, read whole piles of business (and bullshit) books

your knocked me off my seat.

It was a fundamental game changing view of how I had been doing things. simply wow.

day 1. ordered it, read 1/2 in 1 day on kindle iPad.
Day 2 Gave it to 2 friends
Day 3 Gave it to 5 more friends
Day 4 Started a quick and dirty mastermind around some core concepts
Day 7 outlined 3 diff business ideas that followed fastlane business ideals
Day 15 Had finished research on the 3 businesses, eliminated 2. Decided on 1 bought domains, and started sketching out my exit plan, to better understand what the business had to achieve

Day 18 finishing up negotiations for the final structure of the business. more to come.

so let me just say, I normaly take action pretty quickly, but this is a whole new level of "get it done" and I can directly link it to your core concepts in your book

And next time im in town, I would love to buy you a beer, or just say thank you.
D

Brad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 7, 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
Flying in the face of "conventional wisdom", this book puts the self proclaimed gurus and experts in their rightful place. So much of what is accepted as the path to prosperity is a poorly disguised road to mediocrity. Thank you MJ for a bold, fresh and straightforward perspective. This book has opened my mind, stirred my heart, and got my motor running. Major action underway!

Tommyd

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 27, 2011
I am completely new to this site and I'm now a fast lane student after reading MJ's book.

I hold a creative writing/literature degree from The New School in Manhattan and I also have a degree in Screenwriting from The New York Film Academy.

Upon graduation, finding work has been near impossible. However, my creativity and my urge to learn has never depleted. I've read hundreds of books for over ten years now and as a literary major, It seems that I've stumbled upon quite a few good books. The Millionaire Fastlane is probably the MOST important book I've read to date.

I come from a family of financial illiterates (good hearted people, though). I was lost, confused, and helpless until I read this book. Now, I must say, I have more rage in me than the machine. I have an insatiable fire ready to do whatever it takes to break the cycle of slowlane and be the first one in my family to ride the fast lane. I have much work to do. I'm starting at Zero. Five years...five years and I swear by my heart and soul that I will reach my first million. And when I do, I'll buy a bottle of champagne and toast to MJ and the Millionaire Fastlane ! Perhaps, he'll hold a glass with me and I'll scream out to the limitless sky, "Mi espiritu es mas fuerte que el mar!" (translation: my spirit is stronger than the sea).

wealth&caviar

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 26, 2011
Washington, DC
Gon in 60 seconds!

I finished the fastlane yesterday, I really enjoyed the ride. I gained a lot of knowledge from it. This was everything that I hoped for, Im around affluence everyday, seeing guys hop out of ferraris and into lambos, just hoping to get a secret tip on how I can do the same. MJ DeMarco sums it up though in the fastlane. Now I know! I'm going to help myself so that I can help others!

Last edited:

Salchi

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 8, 2011
Providence, RI
For whatever reason I didn't truly comprehend the "being the producer vs. being a consumer", until I completed the book. And I have been serious about educating myself about business, finance, and real estate since 2008... without taking action I must admit! My perceptive about market needs and my own wishes are clear now lol and that was another issue I was blind to. Its mind numbingly simple that... WTF was I thinking!
My focus, which has been refined after completing "The Millionaire Fastlane ", is completing my legal studies & finance degree program while obtaining my real estate appraisal license... dabble in ETFs, currencies, residential income producing properties! That will be my foundation for becoming a "sophisticated investor", well the IRS definition of a sophisticated investor, before the real fun begins!

MJ DeMarco thanks again...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.