The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The New 1/5/10 Daily Planner from MJ (w/gamification)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As I mentioned on the INSIDE, I created a new 1/5/10 Daily Planner that I started using and after 2 weeks of using, I love it even more than my old system. (Meaning it is more effective). This new version incorporates 1/5/10 planning with a bit of gamification using a point system.

I added the points because some people requested it -- I didn't think I'd use the point system but actually found myself enjoying it and paying attention to my point scores (and on some days, lack of points.)
  • On some days, my MOST IMPORTANT task is fitness/health related.
  • Everyday I enter my weekly goal.
  • On Sunday (or Monday morning) I enter the monthly goal.
  • Several times per month, I complete the 1 year goal.
  • Once per month, I complete the 5 year and 10 year.
All of this reminds me of my near- and long-term goals.

If you are part of FASTLANE INSIDERS, you can get the PDF copy for FREE here.

If you want to purchase 100 days worth of the 4-color version, you can buy them here. Please use coupon code "1510-15off" to also get 15% off this product, or the older 50 day versions. Sorry, available only in the US.

If you don't know what a 1/5/10 Planasy is... a video is posted below.

IMG_2306.JPG

Enjoy and happy goal setting!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EgdIpa3FLM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKt59HIl8Ok

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Have a few of ideas to make this awesome planner more motivating and easier -

* Use a green pen to either ✓ or + to the left of every point earned.

* Have been using a clipboard that has a built-in folder, but why not make adding the points easier with a built-in calculator? :smile2:

You can get this at Walmart for $11.24, Pen + Gear Storage Clipboard w/Calculator.

b2da44a8-49e8-4816-824b-2f9300debd6f.a1be68754e69346b392d1f15d6f5e4ad (1).jpeg
* Get an accountability partner and do a quick check-in everyday via text or WhatsApp, and then perhaps give yourself a little reward every Sunday if you reach your targeted point # for the week.

Have tried basically every habit app out there and Strides is great, especially for number tracking.

jstn2907

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 10, 2021
Germany
Very nice, I switch from my old book daily planner to the 1/5/10 daily planner now

Last edited:

Gavingonz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 26, 2022
I'm on day 4 of using the old planner (didn't realize there was an updated version)
I have a draft of my 1/5/10 year visions that I will work on daily until I have crystal clear clarity of where I'm headed.
The 1/5/10 part feels easy because I'm listing realistic goals that I know in my heart I can achieve.
The monthly and weekly goals are what's stressing me out the most, I'm drawn blank, my brain shuts down when I attempt to think of actionable steps to take to move closer to my yearly goal

My yearly goal is to have a business bringing in $5,000 worth of value vouchers/monthly profit where the work is divorced from my time (or at least in the process of being divorced). Of course its going to take a lot of work to get off the ground, how do I find that work to do? I've read countless 1/5/10, 1/5/10 Planasy/ goal setting forums & even added some goals from other users that I liked to my 5/10 year vision.

How are you guys managing to fill in every line on your daily to do list with meaningful tasks? I'm finding it rather difficult to get 3 down.. is my "$5,000 a month......" 1 year goal specific enough? (No) I'm ferocious in going after my dreams but I'm struggling to find a starting point. I already have one service based slowlane business (Hobby*** no profit yet) but not sure how to turn it Fastlane ( It's a Recording Studio )

My one thing to do today was write in this forum for help. ✓
Now I have to think of my next one thing. Buh. I mean Yay!

Also, I'm focused on the business side of goal setting at the moment, my health & fitness/ education/ spiritual being has been good.. could work on relationships more... been practicing piano 30 min daily its therapeutic.

much love & respect for you all, thanks

Last edited:

Akil

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 26, 2022
Berlin, Germany
As I mentioned on the INSIDE, I created a new 1/5/10 Daily Planner that I started using and after 2 weeks of using, I love it even more than my old system. (Meaning it is more effective). This new version incorporates 1/5/10 planning with a bit of gamification using a point system.

I added the points because some people requested it -- I didn't think I'd use the point system but actually found myself enjoying it and paying attention to my point scores (and on some days, lack of points.)

If you want to purchase 100 days worth of the 4-color version, you can buy them here. Please use coupon code "1510-15off" to also get 15% off this product, or the older 50 day versions. Sorry, available only in the US.

View attachment 42201

Thanks alot. I downloaded the PDF and I will start using it immediately.

Gavingonz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 26, 2022
“I feel blind even though I have eyes. I can hear the world, taste it, smell it, that there's this beautiful universe out there, but no
matter how hard I look, it remains hollow and one-dimensional" Jeff gets it, guess I gotta keep reading

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA

View attachment 42201

This is really nice, just purchased, looking forward to trying it out. I've been free-handing in a journal for a bit but I don't keep up with like I should. hopefully this will help - that and my renewed determination to win

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.