The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Robots are Coming

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm going to admit, up front, that I stole @SinisterLex 's title from his blog:
https://apollyonsfavor.com/robots-are-coming/

Its excellent, and well worth the read. (as are all the other articles on his site)

Now, to my question:

What are these robots going to do when they get here? And how should we use them to our advantage?

Here are a few ideas to stir the pot:

1) Robots will write (and are writing) most news articles.
2) Robots will analyze company performance and make business decisions based on that analysis
3) Robots will program computers
4) Robots will drive cars

How realistic is all of this, and how is it going to gain a foothold?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm going to admit, up front, that I stole @SinisterLex 's title from his blog:
https://apollyonsfavor.com/robots-are-coming/

Its excellent, and well worth the read. (as are all the other articles on his site)

Now, to my question:

What are these robots going to do when they get here? And how should we use them to our advantage?

Here are a few ideas to stir the pot:

1) Robots will write (and are writing) most news articles.
2) Robots will analyze company performance and make business decisions based on that analysis
3) Robots will program computers
4) Robots will drive cars

How realistic is all of this, and how is it going to gain a foothold?

Thanks Jon,

If I could just find time to upload the other old posts & add new ones!

Anyway, regarding robots - technically (pun intended) they're already here. I think it becomes more realistic every day. More people talk about it because Elon Musk and others keep it in the news. More people get informed. New sources catch wind this stuff is popular, so they spread it too. All = more money toward tech and potentially faster progress.

It's a snake eating it's own tail and most people don't notice since it happens day to day. Seems like stuff moves slow, but we move at an insane pace, kinda like how Earth spins fast as F**k and feels we're standing still.

But if you search hard enough, you start to notice all of the biggest entrepreneurs are funneling more and more cash into new technological pursuits. Mostly it goes on behind the scenes - behind closed doors. But it's out there if you look for it.

We may not see something overnight that shifts our perspective completely. Personally, I think we will. But we'll definitely continue a gradual shift into more automation and be forced to adapt as we go. It'll mostly be natural...like how we switch from a flip phone to an iphone and understand it fast.

For me the question is - what's most likely coming soon, and how can I apply what I know to that thing to make some cash! ;)

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Thanks Jon,

If I could just find time to upload the other old posts & add new ones!

Anyway, regarding robots - technically (pun intended) they're already here. I think it becomes more realistic every day. More people talk about it because Elon Musk and others keep it in the news. More people get informed. New sources catch wind this stuff is popular, so they spread it too. All = more money toward tech and potentially faster progress.

It's a snake eating it's own tail and most people don't notice since it happens day to day. Seems like stuff moves slow, but we move at an insane pace, kinda like how Earth spins fast as F**k and feels we're standing still.

But if you search hard enough, you start to notice all of the biggest entrepreneurs are funneling more and more cash into new technological pursuits. Mostly it goes on behind the scenes - behind closed doors. But it's out there if you look for it.

We may not see something overnight that shifts our perspective completely. Personally, I think we will. But we'll definitely continue a gradual shift into more automation and be forced to adapt as we go. It'll mostly be natural...like how we switch from a flip phone to an iphone and understand it fast.

For me the question is - what's most likely coming soon, and how can I apply what I know to that thing to make some cash! ;)
yeah...I agree with you on all that...that's my question too: what is coming in the next couple years?

Also...people say that AI will be the next great thing in apps. How? doing what? (and I don't mean in 20 years...more, what will be available in 2 years that we need to start planning for now)

The way I see it, the big-names out there will release an Artificial Intelligence API that small-time developers can take advantage of. Otherwise, there will be no way for small guys to do anything. In my view, AI is WAAAY too complex for anyone with less than a few billion to really get into. But maybe I don't understand what is coming, either.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
yeah...I agree with you on all that...that's my question too: what is coming in the next couple years?

Also...people say that AI will be the next great thing in apps. How? doing what? (and I don't mean in 20 years...more, what will be available in 2 years that we need to start planning for now)

The way I see it, the big-names out there will release an Artificial Intelligence API that small-time developers can take advantage of. Otherwise, there will be no way for small guys to do anything. In my view, AI is WAAAY too complex for anyone with less than a few billion to really get into. But maybe I don't understand what is coming, either.

The most recent book I've read with predictions is this:

The Economic Singularity

It has short, medium, and long-range predictions regarding AI and where things are headed.

Was published this year. PM your email and I'll lend my Amazon copy if you want.

Here are some reddits you might find useful too:

r/robotics/
r/singularity
r/artificial

jesset17

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 23, 2016
Boise, ID
The military typically has technology that will not be released to the public for 5-10 years after it is discovered. So if you have any military connections willing to divulge classified information, that would be a good start :)

Other than that, I would come up with your most outlandish ideas (sci-fi type predictions) of what the future will look like and most of the predictions will come to fruition in some aspect or another. This link has some current examples of novels and films predicting what was at the time outrageous but now is common place. http://digg.com/2016/movie-tech-predictions-that-came-true

Also Gartner puts out a yearly technology hype trend report highlighting the newest buzzwords and predictions for the future of technology. http://www.gartner.com/smarterwithgartner/top-ten-technology-trends-signal-the-digital-mesh/

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The military typically has technology that will not be released to the public for 5-10 years after it is discovered. So if you have any military connections willing to divulge classified information, that would be a good start :)

Other than that, I would come up with your most outlandish ideas (sci-fi type predictions) of what the future will look like and most of the predictions will come to fruition in some aspect or another. This link has some current examples of novels and films predicting what was at the time outrageous but now is common place. http://digg.com/2016/movie-tech-predictions-that-came-true

Also Gartner puts out a yearly technology hype trend report highlighting the newest buzzwords and predictions for the future of technology. http://www.gartner.com/smarterwithgartner/top-ten-technology-trends-signal-the-digital-mesh/
I wonder if the part about the military is true? I don't think they have a budget big enough to be 10 years ahead of non-classified technology. AI is worth TRILLIONS. There's going to be a lot of money chasing this.

jesset17

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 23, 2016
Boise, ID
I was not trying to say the military will be at the forefront of AI technology, more that they have other new technologies that could be leveraged for civilians when made public. For example GPS was created by the US government for military applications and now it is everywhere.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Robots have slowly been taking over various jobs in the industrial space for the last several years, and will only become more prevalent throughout society as business owners look to better optimize, cut costs, and run their businesses more efficiently. If Apple can pay $200,000 for a machine that can crank out iPhone production 2x as fast as human labor, you bet your a$$ they are going to do it.

The same concept has scaled down to blue collar workers being put out of jobs due to automation. So going into the future, I see the workforce becoming more technical skill specific as more jobs become automated. I.E. there will be a much higher demand for A.I. programming talent as these systems become more complex. Even with machine learning, humans must strive to innovate and progress for the betterment of society; the introduction of robots frees our time from medial tasks and allows us to focus on the difficult problems.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Service industry gonna be out of a job, automated anything will be out of a job.

Anything creativity based will be safe.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.