The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started (seriously)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
You grow mushrooms, sell them, and you make money. Then you eventually have contamination/HVAC problems. Then out of fear you reinvest into more supplies and upgrades. Then you have to pay a heavy electricity bill and maybe even rent. If you get hit too hard with contamination at the wrong time you are financially done; especially if you are on a budget. If you are unable to consistently make orders and hit your target volume numbers you are done. If you are unwilling to take on debt and/or be unable to throw away thousands of dollars of perfectly good mushrooms (you overgrow so that you can hit your volume requirements ) on a whim you are done. And...... whatever is leftover is your profit. And the cycle repeats itself.

Sounds pretty volatile! Especially on a budget. Are you back on the fastlane track? What are you doing now?

D

Deleted67963

Was there anyway you could have optimized and adapted the product to something the market was looking for?

Or did you just scrap that road?

I surely could and still can but I lacked business knowledge at that time (not so long ago 1.5y)
Other thing I found difficult is when you don't have a specific industry focus and knowledge about their struggles.
So you build something that could fit lots of usecases without knowing how to market them for a specific need.
Other thing I'd like to have as a skill is to think less, I overthink stuff and sometimes (often) get paralyzed by it.

But one of the last idea I had and went pretty far on it without coding a line (just network, phonecalls etc..) was an offline entertainement box for africa (selling the box to solar electricy providers, they all have plans with TV, fridge etc.. but no one with an entertainement offer other than expensive cable stuff, the client has to buy itself to local brand)
I validated all the tech with CTO friends, found 2 clients (SEP in 4 african countries) called the media manager of one of the biggest content provider in africa but refused my need of a cost/user/media, they wanted at least 40k/m for the media catalog and I couldn't afford the POC.

Beside the story , this time I just invested little time talking. I have not spent months for a prototype before going to potential clients and content provider.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.