The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tight niching (SD-IRA real estate lender) vs Wide niching (Early/Stable Retirement)

Marketing, social media, advertising

Terava

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 13, 2023
If I niche down to IRA investment, my competition is mainly IRA custodian blogs.
  • The niche is kinda boring
  • To find podcast opportunities I'd have to go a little outside my niche into "retire early" "retire smart" niches
  • I could do general IRA investment, or niche even deeper into IRA investment as a real estate lender. This heavily synergizes with my real estate business where the primary bottleneck is capital raising.

The Retire Early niche is big
  • Lots of influencers. Maybe 10 to 30 or so
  • More lifestyle / end goal focused
  • Niche seems more lively and proven based on 1 day of looking into this
  • "Retire smart" is somewhere in between and merges into the tight niche above
  • A big downside is retire early does not fit my target niche perfectly. I don't want early retirees, I want older SD-IRA investors who want to beat their 6% return with an 8-10% return secured by real estate

Based on the above I think the best course is to niche small and reach outside it for collaboration opportunities. Either IRA investment in general -- or IRA investment as a secured real estate lender (bullseye but even smaller). Or is that a bad idea to go overly narrow?

In my notes for what to do after resolving the niche
* Study the competition deeply
* Write a book
* Use podcasts as the content base
* Convert podcast insights into articles
* Perhaps do a few guest posts

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.