• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Tired Of Trading 5 For 2...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

RCV

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
173%
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
First off, I have to admit that I bought The Millionaire Fastlane over 5 years ago and it sat on my bookshelf.

I started it, stopped, started again, stopped, got excited, started again, lost focus, got distracted, started again...you get the picture.

I guess you have to be ready to hear the message.

When the student is FINALLY ready, THEN the teacher will appear.

I picked it back up again a few days ago after a particularly painful day at work (hence the title of this thread).

Seeing as this is an introduction, I'll start from the beginning.

I started this journey of creating an online business about 10 years ago in 2007.

The landscape was much different back then and getting traffic to your site was as easy as posting to Ezinearticles (Remember that?) and getting in the "related" and "most viewed" sections for your niche, which sadly could be easily manipulated (Thanks Donkey Mails).

I was heavy into affiliate marketing and did okay.

Off of a back and forth conversation with someone in the Warrior Forum I started my freelance writing service.

I wrote for small business owners, content mills like Demand Studios and larger businesses.

I wrote for Real Estate "Gurus" and SEO agencies.

I wrote for plumbers and wannabe eBook experts.

I basically wrote for anyone who was paying that wasn't a total jerk.

Then my Dad passed away about four years ago, followed by my brother about a month later.

I had never EVER experienced writers block up until that point.

I honestly was like a machine.

I could crank out a decent 500 word article in 15 minutes if I knew the topic, had the client's KWs and the density that they wanted and any other requirements like LSI KWs and phrases.

After losing two of the closest people in my life I couldn't write.

I would sit down and just couldn't.

I felt stuck.

Literally stuck.

Luckily my biggest client who is in the technology field stuck by me and was compassionate, as he had lost a loved one to cancer as well.

A little over a year later I got back on the horse, so to speak, and started writing with a vengeance.

Money was good and I was earning almost as much as I did at my day job, but it came at a cost.

I would come home from work and write until about 2:00 am.

I would write all weekend to meet deadlines.

I would be out with my family enjoying the extra income and would be thinking about the 2,000 word pillar article I needed to complete by the next day.

It wasn't good and luckily the marketplace where I advertised my services at and got the most clients from, changed their layout.

Long story short - the growing pains that came with the new system rubbed many of my clients the wrong way and they abandoned the site. Some stayed, but not many.

The break in client work has been a blessing in disguise as its given me time to re-evaluate things and time to think about building assets that work for me.

It's allowed me to realize how trading time for dollars is not the healthiest thing I can do for myself and my family.

I honestly have lost track of how much content I have written in the past decade, having written across many industries and created various types of content (Pillar articles, blog posts, training manuals, real estate guides, email auto responders, Twitter tweets, all types of website content imaginable...).

What I'm hoping for is to get around like minded individuals who are in the process, individuals who are where I want to eventually be and finally become the business owner I was always meant to be.

My avatar photo is of a sign I saw earlier today, and I thought it was so appropriate for this forum.

I want to close the sidewalk permanently.

I want to move from the slow lane to the fast lane.

Most importantly, I want to stop trading 5 for 2.

That's my story.

At least the beginning.

Now I get to rewrite it.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

-RC

Zua jewi muvt ug xsovoph iyqisoipdi nep.

O johjmz sidunnipf vji cuul Liz Qistup ug Opgmaipdi.

Tunivonit fievj dep uqip uas izit vu vji csiwovz ug mogi, epf vjev ov tjuamfp'v ci mowif op e 10 y 10 dacodmi 5 fezt e xiil.

Tu tussz vu jies ecuav zuas Fef epf zuas csuvjis. Tef.

O tvesvif ov, tvuqqif, tvesvif eheop, tvuqqif, huv iydovif, tvesvif eheop, mutv gudat, huv fotvsedvif, tvesvif eheop...zua hiv vji qodvasi.

Tuapft moli zua giim vjot voni ot foggisipv, epf O xuamf ehsii.

Ximduni vu vji gusan.

Zua jewi muvt ug xsovoph iyqisoipdi nep.

O johjmz sidunnipf vji cuul Liz Qistup ug Opgmaipdi.

Temenev Djsot.

Tunivonit fievj dep uqip uas izit vu vji csiwovz ug mogi, epf vjev ov tjuamfp'v ci mowif op e 10 y 10 dacodmi 5 fezt e xiil.

Tu tussz vu jies ecuav zuas Fef epf zuas csuvjis. Tef.

Tuapft moli zua giim vjot voni ot foggisipv, epf O xuamf ehsii.

Ximduni vu vji gusan.

Tu vsai csuvjis.

Vjepl zua gus xsovoph tadj ep izi-uqipoph cuul epf gus dsievoph vjot dunnapovz.

O'n muuloph gusxesf vu fowoph op vu vji dupvipv jisi epf miespoph nusi gsun iwiszupi.

Nesenoph Temenev hazt...

Tussz, cav vji iyvipv ug nz Vehemuh ot monovif...

:dmipdj:

O piif vu miesp nusi.

Jiz, nezci vjisi't e podji gus vjev! Mum.

O tvomm dep'v cimoiwi Qed Nep huv succif...

O demmif tuniupi e moes xjip vjiz vumf ni vjev ji mutv.

podi qutv lecezep.. juqi zua'si ecmi vu fiwimuq e tztvin

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back