The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Train Hard, fight easy - How to earn the guts to quit 9-5

Anything related to matters of the mind

WinYourself

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Aug 11, 2013
Life is short my friend. You have a limited lifetime left to break out of the sidewalk.

Take a moment and think about your life!

Are you satisfied with the life you’ve created? Or do you want more but don’t have the balls for it?

I have been in your shoes. I was pissing my life away. I wanted to quit my job, found my own shop, and travel the world.

But whenever it got serious, I chickened out. Telling myself something about bad circumstances or whatever BS it was.

The game changed when I realized why I’d failed all the time.

Your Brain Is Not Playing In Your Team

Let me tell you this: the only thing between you and a remarkable life is your own brain.

Your brain doesn’t care about your little dreams and desires. The only currency your brain knows is stability.

Kicking some a$$ is completely irrelevant for your brain.

Whenever you want to quit 9-5 and found your fastlane business, your brain comes up with some brilliant excuses.

• “If it would be that easy everybody would do it”
  • “My situation is special. This sucker has no idea what he’s talking about”
  • “It can’t achieve greatness because I had a messed up childhood”
Whatever excuses you might have: it’s baseless.

But wait, I hear already some smartass ask: “So you say that I can achieve whatever I can imagine?”

No!

I’m not going to tell you that you’re something special. And fore sure I’m not going to tell you that you can achieve whatever you can imagine.

At least the second would be a clear lie. Some things are simply out of your reach.

If you're a midget you won't make it to the NBA. And if you're an ugly you won't become a model.

But no matter what: your odds to quit 9-5 and build your own business are great. If this is your goal, you only need some basic training.

Train Hard, Fight Easy

They say train hard, fight easy. It means that you train like there's no tomorrow. When you eventually enter the ring, you only have to repeat what you're doing on any given day. No big deal.

Now we’re gonna use that analogy for your life.

If you challenge yourself every single day, you'll get used to it. If you do new things every single day, you'll get used to it…

Whatever is too big for you today, it will lose all it's terror if you train yourself consistently.

• Your excuses are holding you back? Do the opposite of your excuses every single day. Start out with some small excuses and grow stronger. With time you will learn to ignore them.
  • Your fear of failure, rejection or embarrassment is holding you back? Produce failures, get rejected and embarrassed. Start out with some minor fears and grow stronger. With time you will learn to act in spite of fear.
  • You don’t like to do uncomfortable things? Be uncomfortable every single day. Start out with some tiny uncomfortable things and grow stronger. With time you will learn to be uncomfortable.
Slow and Steady

I will be completely honest with you here: Your training will take time. And it won't be an easy walk.

But there is no alternative. Running your own show in two years is better than never doing it.

- Would you rather own a fastlane business in two years than never?

- Would you rather achieve the sickest of your plans in five years than never?

There you go!

Daily Habits

Use the following habits for your daily training. Train consistent, or don’t do it at all. Half-measures won't get you anywhere.

Pick two habits and perform them to perfection for thirty days. Become obsessed with them. Immerse yourself deep into it.

After thirty days following through won’t be that hard anymore. You've built yourself a habit. Pick the next two activities and repeat.

Not too far from now you’ll be ready for the life-altering shit. You’ll do what it takes and wonder why you struggled in the first place.

How did I figure out the best habits for you? The habits in this article enabled me to quit my job, found my own shop and travel the world. If I can do it, you can do it.

1. Uncomfortable first

Doing something uncomfortable first thing in the morning is an invaluable habit. You will experience that many tasks are hardly uncomfortable if you kill them right away. And you will realize that the pain of being uncomfortable is temporary but the benefits long-lasting.

Pick one uncomfortable task and do it direct after getting up. It doesn’t matter what it is. Sending an important email. Making a cold call. Eating vegetables. Hitting the gym. Taking a walk with your mom.

All tasks are fine as long as they are a pain in the a$$ for you. When it's time to enter the ring, you won’t hesitate to do it. You will simply repeat what you’re doing on any given day.

2. Do something new

Doing new things is a powerful way to train yourself. Do at least one new thing each day. Take the bus instead of the car. Try a new sport. Try a new hobby. Meet your friends at new spots. Meet new people. Do weekend trips. Try new food. Try new exercises in the gym. Learn a new language.

You will become comfortable with doing new things. You will reduce your fear of the unknown. When it's time to enter the ring…jaaa you know it already!

3. Face your social fear

You will never be without fear, but you can learn to act in spite of it

Say no: Say no whenever you don’t want to do something. No explanation, and no whispered sorry. If you don’t want to do something you will say no. You don’t owe shit to anybody. You don’t need to explain yourself to anybody. It will train your ability to go for the things your really want in life without fearing the opinions of others.

Negotiate things: Negotiate the shit out of everything. Old or new contracts; get the best out of you. Demand more salary; get what you think you’re worth. Go to a car dealer and try to negotiate 50% off. It will train your ability to overcome your fear of failure and rejection.

Do cold approach: Approach some hottie on the street. You don't need to get a number or anything else out of it. The purpose is to overcome your fear of approaching strangers. It will further teach you how to handle fear, rejection, embarrassment, and failure. You’ll get the full program out of it.

4. Get up early and take a Cold Shower

To achieve your challenging goals you need tons of discipline and willpower. Lucky you: discipline and willpower are trainable like muscles.

Get up at 5am: Getting up early is F*cking uncomfortable. It is a daily fight against your inner weakness. Your daily fight will boost your discipline and willpower. Your victory against the snooze button will be a tremendous start into a new day of glory. Whatever bullshit might happen during the day, nobody can take your early victory away. Baby-step your way to 5 am by doing 30 minute shifts every second day.

Take a Cold shower after getting up: Cold water has a magic potency. Within due time it transforms even the biggest pussy into a warrior. Hardened from the cold water, life will become easy for you. Take a cold shower first thing in the morning. No baby-stepping, no tiptoeing, and no lukewarm water!

5. Meditate

Meditation has nothing to do with enlightening. Neither is it some spiritual woo-woo. It is the one tool to get in control of your thoughts and emotions.

- Do you worry about what could happen tomorrow?

- Do you regret that you’ve missed great opportunities?

- Is your inner voice telling you don’t have what it takes?

Meditation will fix your problems. It will train your mind to be calm and present in the moment. Sit down for twenty minutes and observe your thoughts. Baby-step your way to the twenty minutes. Give meditation a couple of weeks and you’ll shit bricks about the results.

==>Summary

Train hard, fight easy. Use the habits in this article to small-step your way to the life-altering shit. Not too far in the future, you'll have the guts to quit 9-5 and run your own show.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Blair

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 4, 2014
New Zealand
Great read and definitely some pointers that I have taken on board and will start applying. "All tasks are fine as long as they are a pain in the a$$ for you"...This is great

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Nice post. Cold showers will make a man out of you for sure, lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.