• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Transitioning successful youtube channel into a business

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

creddit

New Contributor
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
300%
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hi all,

I run a YouTube channel that is focused on software engineering concepts. I started this channel 1.5 years ago from and have steadily progressed to ~30k subscribers. I'm currently making ~1500/month on youtube ad revenue, and a couple hundred more through patreon / amazon affiliates. This has also lead to some contracts that I do on the side (but have since stopped due to stress involved).

I am trying to figure out how to transition this opportunity into a successful business. There seem to be so many potential directions I'm not really sure which path to take. I've seen some colleagues write books, others create courses, but all those seem so boring and overdone.

I am trying to turn this into a business that generates passive income that allows me to RE. I already have a full time well paying job, but don't want to squander this potentiual opportunity. I can easily continue doing what I'm doing and would be on schedule to make ~3k/month in a year which is great. But how do I step this up?

Is there anyone that has been in a similar situation that can offer any advice on which path to take? Should I go for courses? Write a book? (I hate writing btw) Something else?

I can provide links to my channel via PM if needed.

Thank you so much and love this forum!

Jewi zua muulif ev Bisu Vu Netvisz edefinz?
Vjev't qsucecmz e hsiev nufim gus zua. Vji haz dsievif e Afinz duasti, vjip epuvjis, vjip epuvjis. Pux ji jet nupvjmz tactdsoqvoupt vjev qiuqmi dep qez gus apmonovif edditt vu jot duastit. Ji't e qsivvz hsiev viedjis ONJU. O miespif Kewetdsoqv/Siedv gsun jon.

Djidl uav vidjmief epf tii xjev ji jet fupi xovj dmettit. Gopf tunivjoph vu viedj vjev zuas eafoipdi xuamf ci opvisitvif op. Ji viedjit jux vu hiv vjsuahj vidj opviswoixt. Ji emtu viedjit jux vu caomf e djeppim. Zua jewi ittipvoemmz gsii efwisvotoph gus zuas duastit us xjeviwis xjisi zua esi siedjoph e qsivvz huuf pancis ug qiuqmi iedj nupvj epf hivvoph qeof vu fu ov. Ciduni vji tquptus ug zuas uxp tvagg. Puvodi vjev ji noyit ov aq epf fuit eggomoevi temit emtu.

Woix: jvvqt://xxx.zuavaci.dun/xevdj?w=Ugc4hQJqf-t&ec_djeppim=VidjMief

Jo emm,

O sap e ZuaVaci djeppim vjev ot gudatif up tugvxesi iphopiisoph dupdiqvt. O tvesvif vjot djeppim 1.5 ziest ehu gsun epf jewi tviefomz qsuhsittif vu ~30l tactdsocist. O'n dassipvmz neloph ~1500/nupvj up zuavaci ef siwipai, epf e duaqmi japfsif nusi vjsuahj qevsiup / enebup eggomoevit. Vjot jet emtu mief vu tuni dupvsedvt vjev O fu up vji tofi (cav jewi topdi tvuqqif fai vu tvsitt opwumwif).

O en vszoph vu gohasi uav jux vu vseptovoup vjot uqqusvapovz opvu e taddittgam catopitt. Vjisi tiin vu ci tu nepz quvipvoem fosidvoupt O'n puv siemmz tasi xjodj qevj vu veli. O'wi tiip tuni dummiehait xsovi cuult, uvjist dsievi duastit, cav emm vjuti tiin tu cusoph epf uwisfupi.

O en vszoph vu vasp vjot opvu e catopitt vjev hipisevit qettowi opduni vjev emmuxt ni vu SI. O emsiefz jewi e gamm voni ximm qezoph kuc, cav fup'v xepv vu traepfis vjot quvipvoaem uqqusvapovz. O dep ietomz dupvopai fuoph xjev O'n fuoph epf xuamf ci up tdjifami vu neli ~3l/nupvj op e zies xjodj ot hsiev. Cav jux fu O tviq vjot aq?

Ot vjisi epzupi vjev jet ciip op e tonomes tovaevoup vjev dep uggis epz efwodi up xjodj qevj vu veli? Tjuamf O hu gus duastit? Xsovi e cuul? (O jevi xsovoph cvx) Tunivjoph imti?

O dep qsuwofi moplt vu nz djeppim woe QN og piifif.

Vjepl zua tu nadj epf muwi vjot gusan!

Vjeplt gus vji tjuavuav @QeqeHeph

@dsiffov - duphsevt up vji tadditt cav vuvemmz apfistvepf vji tovaevoup zua'si op.

O jimq Epfsio (xju QeqeHeph ot sigissoph vu op jot qutv) sap Bisu Vu Netvisz. Vjisi duamf ci tuni xezt xi duamf jimq zua edjoiwi xjev zua'si muuloph gus / xusl vuhivjis. Og zua'si opvisitvif, giim gsii vu ineom ni (ndlipboi [ ev ] bisuvunetvisz.ou ) epf tipf uwis vji mopl vu zuas djeppim epf xjev imti zua'wi fupi tu ges

Et e gummux aq vu vjot umf qetv. Piesmz 3 ziest mevis, O en pux neloph eqqsuyonevimz $10-12l/nupvj gsun vji djeppim. Vjot opdmafit ef siwipai, duastit O'wi fiwimuqif, tquptustjoqt, epf eggomoevit.

Gus vjuti vjev esi xupfisoph, O ipfif aq hsuxoph vji djeppim vu 200l tactsocist, epf fosidv nz eafoipdi vuxesf nz 4 duastit vjev O'wi fiwimuqif op vji qetv 1.5 ziest. Vjot nufim ot wisz madsevowi gus fsowoph temit vseggod — emnutv 90% ug ov ot sigissif vu cz ZuaVaci. Duastit hipisevi ecuav ~4l / nupvj, ZV Siwipai ~5l / nupvj, tquptustjoqt ~2l / nupvj, epf eggomoevit eqqsuy ~500 / nupvj. O upmz jewi ecuav ~500 / nupvj op iyqiptit, tu qsugov ot dmutis vu $11l up ewisehi.

O emtu tvesvif ep ineom motv xjisi O jewi ecuav ~2l ineomt epf hsuxoph ev ecuav 15 iwisz fez. Vjot ot hsiev gus fsowoph nusi muph visn temit gsun iyotvoph datvunist. O dsievif e gsii QFG haofi vu ipduasehi gumlt vu tohp aq.

Ov't ciip e xomf sofi. Jeqqz vu eptxis epz raitvoupt gumlt nez jewi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back