The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UK Meetup

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Nah, I'm a keen biker so I have been to Wales lots!
... and yeah, i`m a brummie; got the accent to prove it ;)

Shame you cannot make it; will be sure to be on the next one.

I'm a biker myself @ChrisJTurner (and so it @Andy Black - your secret is out now mate ;) ). Which parts are you into? I generally start off at the Bus Station Cafe Abergavenny then either head up into West Wales or the heads of the valleys.

The only problem I have with those parts of Wales is the crowds lol:

CwIeJPX.jpg

Just a thought maybe for a future venue - There is a really good Wetherspoons not far from Convent Garden that makes a good meetup as it's a big pub, right by Holborn Tube Station and about 5 mins walk from Convent Garden centre so far enough away to be away from the main crowd but easy to visit after the meet. Have met their quite a few times in the last couple of years when I have had business locally.

As I said I won't be able to make this one but hopefully in a few months time when I have things ironed out my end. @Andy Black you up for one later this year mate? I can do Dublin next year. :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You've planted the seed now. I'll work out how to get over towards the end of the year.

Yeah, the City is dead at weekends, and full of suits during the week anyway. Can't think of that Wetherspoons near Covent Garden, but that area would be hopping any day of the week.

Lol.. apart from the Hollyhead to the M6 run that I did a lot (Dublin <-> Carlisle), I only ventured into Wales for a spin on the bike once. I got hopelessly lost as I couldn't make head nor tail of the signs... I couldn't even try to pronounce the place names.

I was on bikes for about 12 years... have been without one for a year.

Hmmm... if a tree falls in a forest and I don't have a bike, does that still make me a biker?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Manchester would be great.

I'm a commercial lawyer by trade, so could give some useful tid-bits!

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Please tag me if a date/location is decided on. I'd need to fly in but if the stars align it would be great to meet some of you.

Jata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 21, 2015
I know it seems like I mention Facebook in every reply but I think that's going to be the easiest way to arrange something. Is anyone averse to joining a group on there? Also in terms of location would people prefer Birmingham? It sounds like we have quite a few further north. I'm happy to travel wherever.

Luke.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jan 13, 2016
Count me in. Located in Wolverhampton, just outside of Birmingham. My brother and more than likely a friend will attend too.

Last edited:

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
Hey

Great to see so many fastlaners within the UK, it would be beneficial if we organised an online meetup beforehand perhaps by skype or some form of online meetings site. That way we can discuss ideas for the meetup inc. locations, topics of talk etc. If this interests anybody lets organise a time and date for the call.

Jata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 21, 2015
Just to give an update on this we did in fact have a meetup in Birmingham and I'm pleased to say it was a success. On the back of that we now have a weekly accountability call going on Skype for anyone who is interested.

With regard to future meetups we have nothing planned as yet but am considering one around Christmas time.

Jata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 21, 2015
Hello all,

A group of us will be meeting up again on July 15th in Birmingham New Street station if anyone is interested. Feel free to join us if you're free.

Raaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 22, 2017
UK
Just curious, how often are the UK meetups? and has anyone arranged any type of group for it yet, for better management? e.g. Skype group.

Jata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 21, 2015
Hello everyone! Would it be ok if I joined as well? I'm italian and would love to connect with other fastlaners, but there aren't many here...
Also as of now, I'm still building up my business but I'm afraid there is very little value I could provide to the majority of you, perhaps that too is a problem?
Feel free mate. I don't think any of us would claim to have 'made it' just yet. It's always good to hear from other people and get other perspectives. What's your Skype name?

Jata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 21, 2015
Just a quick post to thank everyone who was able to make it on Saturday. It was great to meet you all.

s168

You get out what you put in
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 12, 2011
London, UK
I'm in London, so that works for me too! :)

I'm happy to organise something if you want. Let me know.

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013
Me and Scally met up in London for a beer the other month and will probably make it a monthly thing, hopefully get more people involved. A bigger meet-up for all the UK peeps would be awesome

Last edited:

s168

You get out what you put in
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 12, 2011
London, UK
Me and Scally met up in London for a beer the other month and will probably make it a monthly thing, hopefully get more people involved. A bigger meet-up for all the UK peeps would be awesome

Hi Jimmyy. When and where do you guys plan to have the next meet-up?

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Im up for a london meetup Im just outside London 20 minutes on the high speed train I'm there!

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013
Hi Jimmyy. When and where do you guys plan to have the next meet-up?

I'm busy for the next week or so but we'll get something sorted soon. Went White Lion in Covent Garden last time but wherever suits everyone. I come in from Essex so around Liverpool Street is ideal but I really don't mind

D

DeletedUser394

I'm down for visiting London again. I've got a credit to fly out of Heathrow that needs to be used.

ProweJosh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 10, 2014
I'm from Thurrock in Essex and that's close to London so a London meetup would be great. Always wanted to go to a meetup to meet like minded people like myself, hard to find at my age.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
I'll watch the thread for now... Sounds pretty good.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
I probably wont be able to make the 18th of May..
Could make one first or last weekend in July if anyones interested?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.