The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UK Meetups

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
Hi,

I am in the UK but not a fastlaner yet though.
I have attended a couple of event so far and you can really find anything from people just looking for other people to chill out with to people going there to find customers.
In my opinion, according to what I have seen so far, don't go there to find customers because everybody is going there for selling, not for buying. But go there rather to meet people that can introduce you to potential customers like accountants if your product is directed to companies, insurance companies usually have a good contact directory they can partially open for you sometimes.
If you want to find out more, google networking event in your city and you will find more than what you can physically attend to :)

Hope this helps

helmguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 17, 2013
I'm in the UK Gary. Which events are you referring to?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

garyk1968

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 17, 2013
I wouldnt really consider myself a fastlaner either Roland.

I think you are referring to typical networking events (which I abhor!) and have done them all in the past.

I'm talking about mastermind groups, no-one is there to sell anything just share tips, tricks, hacks, experiences. There's a ton of tech/marketing groups that are on meetup.com, primarily in and around London. Where are you guys based?

Gary

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
Based in Bristol

helmguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 17, 2013
I'm in Bristol too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

fink

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jun 14, 2013
Northampton
I would be interested in meeting up. I split my time between Northampton and Cornwall, near MK would be perfect!

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
I go to networking and mastermind groups very often in London. Meetup.com is your friend! In London at least there is a free event every day you can attend in the business/tech sector. Often with free drinks and food which is a great bonus!!. There are also paid events (only £5-£25) which are generally excellent.

Some I frequent regularly

Minibar
Silicon Drinkabout
Enterprise tech meetup
Private mastermind dinners*
Hacks and Hackers
Several one offs and quarterly meetups (names escape me)
* Invite only - Invite by a chance meeting at an event. Potential JV coming from it £££

networking events (which I abhor!)

This is completely the wrong attitude!! One of the many things i have learned on my journey is you never know who you're going to meet and who they are going to introduce you to. Sure there are lot of people who will just chuck their business cards around and be a waste of time but all you need to do is meet one person to make it worth your while.

From my networking exploits I'm in no doubt £40k richer and met high net worth individuals (including one of the dragons), got 'an in' to a top 500 company and am now in the process of raising a six figure seed round..there is no way I would have achieved this without networking end of

In fact when I look back the at past 18 months since reading TMF the reason why I'm so much further forward in business - indeed life - is because I got off my a$$ from the front of the PC and started talking with like minded people in person..trust me there is no substitute for this.

As the old saying goes it's about who you know not what you know.

End of rant

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!