The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

USA Credit Card - Q from a Canadian

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm trying to setup a service (Hulu) that requires a Credit Card registered to a USA mailing address (and they auto-verify the address on file during setup so fake address info doesn't work).

Anyone know of a solution to this?

Can a Canadian setup a credit card that is registered to a USA address without actually being a USA resident? This seems like it SHOULD be a trivial thing to figure out but I'm coming up short. I'll keep searching but figured this may be something someone here has dealt with in the past.

This isn't the first time I've seen services favor USA accounts over Canadian (Hell - I used to sell one, and we were Canadian based!) so I see this being more and more relevant moving forward for both business AND personal reasons.

Anyone have experience with this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
Can you use PayPal? If yes, that should work fine then. You can use a VPN to skip any IP based limitation. I know how frustrating this is, happened to me with a canadian based service that I needed to subscribe to and I had to find ways around the blocking to GIVE THEM MONEY lol

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
This issue with most services like this is licensing. Amazon is the same, they are only allowed to stream certain videos within the US.

The only real workaround is to get a US address. Either someone you know in the US or you can use UPS store and rent a mailbox. The beauty of UPS store is they give you an address that looks like a real street address and not a post office box. Then you can get a disposable credit card and link it to your US address and you are good to go.

Be warned though, with HULU, even when you get the US credit card, you still will need to use a proxy service to fool them that you are watching from the US (I use: High Speed VPN Accounts, 24 Hour Live Help and Unlimited Bandwidth)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I would order a visa gift card or something. If I had hulu I would just give you my login.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the nice gesture/thoughts Kak :)

I'm going to check out paypal's options. Sadly I've heard hulu no longer accepts gift cards or disposable cards because too many people were using them to get around their restrictions. They are REALLY doing a great job keeping out non-residents.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.