The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Warm introduction! From New Zealand/Vietnam

kienhamham

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 8, 2023
Hi all fast laners!

I'm very new to the forum, just finished reading the last chapter of "The Millionaire Fast Lane" and discover this! My name is Alex, born and raised in Vietnam, but have been living in New Zealand for the past 6 years.

Growing up in a 3rd world country, I haven't been expose to wealth. My family is very ordinary: mom is a teacher, dad is an Uber Driver. Fast forwarding until 2021, we have been living pay check to pay check. I started working in retail at 18 to support my family, stuck in the 9-5 for about 2 years, making $600 - $700 a week(minimum wage in NZ). I was a typical High Schooler, addicted to video games like LoL(8 years, peaked Masters) and Valorant(peaked Immortals). Until I discover some self-help influencer, that I still am grateful to this day. Hats off to Iman Gadzhi, and Hamza.

September 2023, I began to change. I started going to the gym, reading books, watching podcast/self-improvement videos, and absolutely obsessed with changing myself. I still work at the time, but began to apply for sales jobs(paid on performance, not time). And November 21st, I began a new chapter, working as a Sales Consultant. I improve my sales skill + peoples skill everyday, implementing good habits, quit playing video games, and started Journalling. It pays off!

I make $13k/month in Feb 23, and now have been consistently making $10k-$12k/month in base salary + commissions. I reached $19k/month in June 2023. But from reading the book, I feel like I have been trading my time, for money.

I'm grateful that I have discover this book, and at 20, I have an ambition to go beyond the conventional path. I will implement most of the principle in this books, and continue improving myself.

I wish everyone in this forum to have an incredible mindset, and believe in themselves. All the best.

Thank you ALL, and especially you, MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bryan Lei

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 8, 2023
Hey Alex!

I gotta say, your intro resonates with me. It feels like we're on the same wavelength here.

You see, even though I've got this solid career path on my resume, sometimes it feels like I've been just going through the motions for the sake of making a living, you know?

If you're up for it, I'd love to connect with you! It would be great to chat and see where our paths align.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...