The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Meetup Accountability Call Megathread

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
let's go ... we got 6 people in here!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Just a word of advice, I don’t think sticking to one’s own age group ever did anyone much good.

Learning from people who know a lot more than you is a much more powerful strategy.

I know I’m 33 and that makes me an “old man” now according to 29 year old young hotshots like @Black_Dragon43, but in my late teens and 20s, I worked hard to learn from people that had actually done something. As result most of my friends today are older than me, some a lot older than me.

I’m sure to some of you this may come across like us older guys are feeling left out, but I’m legitimately trying to help and have no desire to participate in the call. Age group crap is, however, your mistake to make.
To be honest, I find it cool when I talk to people 2-3x older than me, Its like I'm talking to future me. And I also have some pretty old friends, You can say its cause I’m a lot more mature than normal kids my age but you guys just understand me better (and are alot cooler).

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
To be honest, I find it cool when I talk to people 2-3x older than me, Its like I'm talking to future me. And I also have some pretty old friends, You can say its cause I’m a lot more mature than normal kids my age but you guys just understand me better (and are alot cooler).
That's why if older people that are not teenagers are willing to join, it will be great.

Teach us your wisdom, some teenagers need a wake up check. We need older guys in the discord server like @ZCP.
He gave us valueable advices and I would appreciate if any older guys like ZCP would join us.

Love the call, got some valuable notes here. Gonna call in a week/month or so. If people want it.

Thank you so much @ZCP we learnt a lot from you, thank you for your time!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Just a word of advice, I don’t think sticking to one’s own age group ever did anyone much good.

Learning from people who know a lot more than you is a much more powerful strategy.

I know I’m 33 and that makes me an “old man” now according to 29 year old young hotshots like @Black_Dragon43, but in my late teens and 20s, I worked hard to learn from people that had actually done something. As result most of my friends today are older than me, some a lot older than me.

I’m sure to some of you this may come across like us older guys are feeling left out, but I’m legitimately trying to help and have no desire to participate in the call. Age group crap is, however, your mistake to make.
I did this because I want to learn from older guys in a call with other people more often.

The call is more about teenagers learning from older guys and teenagers keeping each other accountable for their actions/goals. More about the notes and advices that I've written down for all teenagers to see

I would love to have older guys that are not teenagers to join and share their experiences and advices to us teens.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Howd it go?
First half when ZCP was present, he said some valuable stuff. Second half when he was gone, the call when to nowhere.

Props to @ZCP for insights and valuable advices.

Thank you @Subsonic @Sandboarder percyboy, Dub, Deani and khai for your time! It was a pleasure having you guys!

I'll work on my questions more focused on money, action-oriented and accountability more. Should have asked questions on your journey, obstacle and how we could provide solutions to your problems, just like a hotseat like @ZCP said. I had a completely wrong different idea of how the call would go but it made sense to me now. It's more about action based and solutions to obstacles.

Thank you so much guys for your time! I'll be posting the notes made from the call soon

Last edited:
G

Guest06194gh

You wanna come and join? I have a zoom account and I'm planning to set it up this in Sunday 10am AEST. What time/day do you think I should put it?

I was hoping someone like @Andy Black or @MJ DeMarco could hop on but idk what I could say. It's a great idea to have young people on a zoom call, maybe I should put public as teenagers won't have INSIDERS subscription? What do you think?

It'll be nice to talk about lessons and experiences and maybe the older guys could maybe educate us?
ay listen man I just made my account tonight I'm 100 pages into the fast lane and am a teenager just like you, but little bro you gotta slow down. demarco is like a aztec god, you gotta have a good load of experience in sacrifice on your belt before he will descend and give you his precense. But I would love to talk with like minded people, but I'd be frank and say discord would work way better.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
ay listen man I just made my account tonight I'm 100 pages into the fast lane and am a teenager just like you, but little bro you gotta slow down. demarco is like a aztec god, you gotta have a good load of experience in sacrifice on your belt before he will descend and give you his precense. But I would love to talk with like minded people, but I'd be frank and say discord would work way better.
Ikr. My experience is like a 0.1% of his knowledge. In the end, it all comes down to reading his books, even though I would love to interview and talk to him. Bet everyone says that.

Discord is better for teens as they hang around there, the problem is finding "older guys" to join and to organise the call.

G

Guest06194gh

Ikr. My experience is like a 0.1% of his knowledge. In the end, it all comes down to reading his books, even though I would love to interview and talk to him. Bet everyone says that.

Discord is better for teens as they hang around there, the problem is finding "older guys" to join and to organise the call

Discord is better for teens as they hang around there, the problem is finding "older guys" to join and to organise the call.
yeah I can understand that, but with '' older guys '' on here you gotta take into perspective that there more likely to get the hang of it. If they had the determination to read this book and change there roadmap and make a business worth millions or are aspiring 2, I think they can sit there asses down and have a youtube video or kid teach em how to use dese damn discordian apps I tell ya

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
yeah I can understand that, but with '' older guys '' on here you gotta take into perspective that there more likely to get the hang of it. If they had the determination to read this book and change there roadmap and make a business worth millions or are aspiring 2, I think they can sit there asses down and have a youtube video or kid teach em how to use dese damn discordian apps I tell ya
That's true. It all depends on the person I guess. Loved it when people share their advices

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Oops. I only just saw this thread, and I was tagged in it.

Well done @ZCP for hopping on.

My advice is to not have a separate Discord group as you're pulling conversations off the forum.

Maybe interview a few members and put the recordings on a YouTube channel and/or a podcast @Lawtiti?
@mikecarlooch started doing this a few months ago. You could check out how he did it.

You could get questions from other teenagers in the forum and ask them of your guests, and/or make it a group Zoom call with a Q&A where you get the questions in the chat and ask them at the end.

Maybe you create a thread to announce who your upcoming guest will be and get people to ask questions in the thread?

My guess is a lot of business owners would happily give their time and advice to teenagers who are getting started in business.

Are there similar YouTube channels or podcasts already? Maybe check those out and see what they're doing and asking.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
That's true. It all depends on the person I guess. Loved it when people share their advices
When is the next group call? And where can I join?

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
When is the next group call? And where can I join?
I would suggest 7am CEST next Sunday

To join, we have a small discord with the invite somewhere in this thread.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
good call yesterday. proud of you!!

yep, just get organized and then be flexible as well. some calls you spend 90 minutes helping ONE of you. others, you go round robin and talk out ideas ... just MAKE SURE that EVERYONE speaks and participates.

look for opportunities to help each other and hold each other accountable! like when Dub said he had trouble focusing, one of you take it upon yourself to help him FOCUS on something next week. chase him, call him, email him, msg him.

that is what accountability groups are about! AND find a way to meet up in person too.

we have 5 or 6 of us meeting up in ATL. two stayed last night at my house, one is one the way now. we are all going to Chattanooga for part of this week to crash in an AirBnb together and work / brainstorm / talk.

BUILD that network! get out of your comfort zone!!

G

Guest06194gh

yep, just get organized and then be flexible as well. some calls you spend 90 minutes helping ONE of you. others, you go round robin and talk out ideas ... just MAKE SURE that EVERYONE speaks and participates.

look for opportunities to help each other and hold each other accountable! like when Dub said he had trouble focusing, one of you take it upon yourself to help him FOCUS on something next week. chase him, call him, email him, msg him.

that is what accountability groups are about! AND find a way to meet up in person too.

we have 5 or 6 of us meeting up in ATL. two stayed last night at my house, one is one the way now. we are all going to Chattanooga for part of this week to crash in an AirBnb together and work / brainstorm / talk.

listen after hearing this I do wanna be a part of this but I don't got zoom and tbh the service is pretty bad, is there no way we can do this on discord? it doesn't even gotta be every time if some people really like zoom I just wanna talk about my ideas as well.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
listen after hearing this I do wanna be a part of this but I don't got zoom and tbh the service is pretty bad, is there no way we can do this on discord? it doesn't even gotta be every time if some people really like zoom I just wanna talk about my ideas as well.
bro its on discord

Last edited:

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney

INSIDERS only? If not I can def join

bro its on discord

It's for every teenager to join and discuss their problems on their journey and hopefully some older guys can join and help as well. I used discord for its calling ability to last as long as we want as zoom had a 40min limit for me.

Try to text in the forum but use the discord server for calling only as we don't want to deviate from the forum

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
I was about to post a pedobear meme, but this thread turned out wholesome.
All thanks to @ZCP for his optimism and wholesomeness. Seeing him encouraging us to do this call made a difference, wouldn't have made it without him, respect

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
What on earth drove you to consider that in the first place?
Because although MJ has a "I'm not responsible" thread somewhere on the forum, stuff like this is a prime target for groomers.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Notes and Recordings:

Notes:
NOTES FROM THE 1ST MEETING

Money and connections:

- Learn, make connections. How can I help people?
-friendship/connections

-How to make it divorce time from money?

-Leave some money from your income to develop yourself
-make connections/network/business/education

Long term planning:
-What am I doing for the long term?

-1/5/10 Planasy. Long term plan/path

-Define your why. Why are you doing this? Why?

-The business must have an exit strategy
-What is this business for? Experience in the industry? Learning about business? More money than a minimum wage employee? Business education? Increase your networks/connections?

Sales:
-Dont take no for an answer
-looping, hustle

-Make an offer, then make more people know about it -> Subsonic

Accountability:
-Hot seat
-a person having problems and people giving solutions
-supporting/pushing

-Have a top 3 most important thing to do in the day -> percyboy

-Have an accountability buddy
-Bet something that's significant to your buddy so it holds you accountable
- betting $1000/ offer to buy anything if you fail

-Embrace your weakness & turn it into a strength
-Ask people what you're struggling and ask for opinion/solutions

-Dont turn negative things/comments into an identity
-eg laziness. What do you need help with? Ask your friends and people around you. Ask community/forum

Productivity:
-Use GoalSumo.com(https://goalsumo.com/app/daily-sumo)

-Copy from the best
-Whos the top 10 in your industry? What did they do? Can you copy them?

Older guys to follow(Biased):
- Andy Black
- Johnny Boy
- Fox
- Black_Dragon43
- heavy_industry
- Antifragile
- MTF
- Icecreamkid
- MJ DeMarco
- ZCP

Books recommended by ZCP:

- 10x is easier than 2x by Dan Sullivan

- Ready Fire Aim by Micheal Masterson

- The 10x Rule by Grant Cardone

Recordings:
Press "Open With" and download it

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney

- Spend some time on the call figuring out solutions to each other's problems
- Keep your friends accountable, make sure to ask them hows their journey has been going
- Network and if possible, meet irl

This is GOLD, gonna be this the primary purpose for the call.

Help others solve their problem, keep them accountable and network with people.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Oops. I only just saw this thread, and I was tagged in it.

Well done @ZCP for hopping on.

My advice is to not have a separate Discord group as you're pulling conversations off the forum.

Maybe interview a few members and put the recordings on a YouTube channel and/or a podcast @Lawtiti?
@mikecarlooch started doing this a few months ago. You could check out how he did it.

You could get questions from other teenagers in the forum and ask them of your guests, and/or make it a group Zoom call with a Q&A where you get the questions in the chat and ask them at the end.

Maybe you create a thread to announce who your upcoming guest will be and get people to ask questions in the thread?

My guess is a lot of business owners would happily give their time and advice to teenagers who are getting started in business.

Are there similar YouTube channels or podcasts already? Maybe check those out and see what they're doing and asking.
My initial goal was to actually get in a call and get teenagers in the forum to learn from older guys and get teenagers to share their obstacles in a call instead of text. The more i think about this call, the more i see how similar it is to this forum. The only difference is that it will be a call and not text,it will be great for networking.

My goal was to chat in a call, not making making a podcast and learn from older experienced guys in a call. Unless people want that

For the interviewing members & put on the forum and asking teenagers for their questions, i think it will be more of a podcast. Maybe if teenagers in the forum want that i might do that? Just that this would be a side-side thing. A thing where I add value to teenagers but don't actually do any business stuff. I feel like if i do it, it might be an action faking?

My goal is to discuss obstacles with teenagers, get older people to join the call and get teenagers to express their thinking and maybe older guys can come help.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
add value ... but don't actually do any business stuff
Business is adding value and getting paid. People often start by adding value and then figure out how to get paid.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.