The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Progress: What will you get done this week?

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 1, 2023
Week Commencing Monday 31-Jul-23
  1. What will make you happy with progress this week?
  2. What are you doing to make a sale this week?
  3. What are you not doing but should be?
1. No more account health warnings
2. Making my compliance bullet-proof
3. Being more aggressive in my product filtering

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
1. Put my basic app in code from my visual figma files
2. I think I can show the initial app to a couple people I know to ask if they would use it/see what they think. May be able to do this by just tidying up the figma without having to code
3. Don't think I have a great answer at the moment but probably focusing more in the morning

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
I've been making templates selling them on marketplaces so I decided that maybe should make my own website to sell them, I also am going to find a faster way to make them

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've been making templates selling them on marketplaces so I decided that maybe should make my own website to sell them, I also am going to find a faster way to make them
Ooo. Good work. Templates for what?

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Ooo. Good work. Templates for what?
I realized that there are people online who can't find any good template where they look, so I thought why don't I just make some on my own.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
1. Put my basic app in code from my visual figma files
2. I think I can show the initial app to a couple people I know to ask if they would use it/see what they think. May be able to do this by just tidying up the figma without having to code
3. Don't think I have a great answer at the moment but probably focusing more in the morning
Went ahead and sent a mockup image to a buddy to check it out and see what he thinks. Figure I might as well get some feedback.

I can still use it as a portfolio project if it doesn't pan out.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Went ahead and sent a mockup image to a buddy to check it out and see what he thinks. Figure I might as well get some feedback.

I can still use it as a portfolio project if it doesn't pan out.
He thought it looked cool and also showed me a competitor site which I didn't have the address for but saw sometimes (it didn't quite have the features I wanted and also it's under a foreign domain).

Tried registering there about 20mins ago and I still don't have an email activation link and can't login. So, I can do better than that already.

Yesterday I started moving the basic things into html from Figma too. It was way easier than starting with bare html because I already have the structure and how it looks from Figma, with all the CSS too. Wow, I can see why people use it. Then, I just need a little bit of JS and PHP and we have a bare minimum site.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Week Commencing Monday 24-Jul-23

From the book "The ONE Thing":

What ONE Thing can you do that will make everything else redundant or easier to do?

If you don't know what your ONE Thing is, then figuring it out is your ONE Thing.
This week, today, I think I've made another RE deal on a trashed property. I'll know within 2 weeks IF this deal is going to close. It comes with a lot challenges and a good up side. Investing is one of my side gigs.

Last week I unexpectedly solved a well problem on an investment property we're rehabbing. We had replaced the well pump and then the well wasn't properly recovering (producing water). I took a gamble and had it "foamed out". That where foam, water, and air are injected into the water well to remove the silt, sand, and other materials stopping it up. The alternative was to redrill -- which costs thousands. No one knew if the foam treatment was going to work. It's been a few days and we are sure that the fix worked. The well is recoving like it should. Now we can hook up the plumbing system (that we've replaced) and have a working toilet on site for the construction crew.

I got rid a problem RV Space renter today. They moved on with their kids, animals, and collection of bad habits. They'd had been here about a month and worn out their welcome. I helped them to make the decision to move without me having to take legal action.

Another long term tenant in one of my rental units will be moved out by Thursday evening. She's working on it. It was challenging to collect rent from her every month. I didn't have to evict her or even serve her. And I'll be able to raise the rent substantially when I re-rent it.

That's 2 RE management problems solved in one week.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This week, today, I think I've made another RE deal on a trashed property. I'll know within 2 weeks IF this deal is going to close. It comes with a lot challenges and a good up side. Investing is one of my side gigs.

Last week I unexpectedly solved a well problem on an investment property we're rehabbing. We had replaced the well pump and then the well wasn't properly recovering (producing water). I took a gamble and had it "foamed out". That where foam, water, and air are injected into the water well to remove the silt, sand, and other materials stopping it up. The alternative was to redrill -- which costs thousands. No one knew if the foam treatment was going to work. It's been a few days and we are sure that the fix worked. The well is recoving like it should. Now we can hook up the plumbing system (that we've replaced) and have a working toilet on site for the construction crew.

I got rid a problem RV Space renter today. They moved on with their kids, animals, and collection of bad habits. They'd had been here about a month and worn out their welcome. I helped them to make the decision to move without me having to take legal action.

Another long term tenant in one of my rental units will be moved out by Thursday evening. She's working on it. It was challenging to collect rent from her every month. I didn't have to evict her or even serve her. And I'll be able to raise the rent substantially when I re-rent it.

That's 2 RE management problems solved in one week.
Busy week @WJK. People problems are the hardest, so well done getting them to move on.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 07-Aug-23

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 1, 2023
1. Over 100k active offers in my catalog
2. Scaling up offer automation wherever possible
3. I dropped my self-talk routine for a while and need to pick it up again

Laukinis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 9, 2021
1. A new digital product design daily and finish building my store
2. DM prospects on instagram
3. Doing more outreach and starting an SMMA + figuring out a good offer

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
1. A new digital product design daily and finish building my store
2. DM prospects on instagram
3. Doing more outreach and starting an SMMA + figuring out a good offer
Keep on keeping on.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
1. We need to get the well hooked up to the house at our rehab job. I have a man staying there to guard the property and we really need a working toilet on site. My husband is in the middle of digging the deep trench for the water pipe and installing the pitless seal for the well. The pressure tank that connects to that pipe must still be installed in the basement. The plumbing for that bathroom is just about ready -- both the water lines and the sewer lines. When it all comes together, it will be the "magic flush" so to speak. When the house is completed it will be 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. This week I'll be happy with one working toilet.

FYI. The well itself that I got "foamed" out a f weeks ago is producing about 10 gallons of water a minute and working really good. The water is clear and clean.

2. Yesterday we finished getting all the water samples from the Camp Grounds in the Wildlife Refuge. I've had a Federal contract for the last several years to supervise a bunch of wells for the government under my State license. This is my last year on that contract and the samples we took are the last ones for that group of wells. I turned in all of those samples with their chain of custody paperwork at the lab today. I have some other samples to finish up for some other wells, and then my contract will be done. That's a great feeling to be in the completion phase. When finished, I'll have one less side gig to worry about.

3. On my core rental business, I got a tenant moved out and was always having problems paying the rent. I will go look at the unit tonight. I'll be able to raise the rent quite a bit with a new tenant.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 14-Aug-23

1) What will make you happy with progress this week?

2) What are you doing to make a sale this week?

3) What are you not doing but should be?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

I'm on vacation. My husband, with my assistant's help, is keeping everything together. I'm on an Alaskan cruise. The weather is terrible, which is fine with me. There's a storm raging outside of my cabin and this big ship is rocking and rolling with 4 to 6-foot swells. I'm sleeping a bunch and eating what the cruise line is serving. I don't have to cook, make decisions, or answer my phone for a few days.

While I'm gone:

1. I have a bathroom floor being replaced in a rental that the tenant moved out of this last week. As soon as it's ready, I'll have it rented. I have a waiting list.

2. At our off-site rehab project I have a concrete pad being poured for a double carport, a porch, and a back stoop for a back door. I hired a man we know and his 2 brothers to do that work. When the concrete is cured, we can start on the roof work on the house and the carport roof.

3. Same project -- we have a toilet set up and working with the septic tank. Right now it's taking a bucket of water to flush. BUT, my guy who is staying on-site and my workers have a working toilet!

The water line trench is dug from the well to the basement. The pitless seal in the well is just about finished. (We finally found all the parts we needed before I left.) The pitless seal and the water line to the house must be connected. Then we can install the pressure tank in the basement and hook the well up to the water plumbing in the house. I hope I have good news on all of that by the time I get home.

Then we can finish up the natural gas lines to have heat and hot water this winter for finishing the interior.

Last week we got the new gravel driveway built from the street up to the carport pad area. That had to be done to pour the concrete slab this week. That took 4 huge truckloads of pit run gravel on top of Tipar, a fabric material that goes under the gravel. I wrote the check for the gravel on my way out the door for this trip.

4. At our on-site rehab project, the water lines and sewer lines under the mobile home are finished. The natural gas lines are just about ready to hook up. Then we can put the tie-downs in place. We're in a high-wind area just off of the Pacific Ocean, so public housing requires tie-downs with anchors in the ground. I'm hoping to have water and gas on soon, so we can button up the skirting around the bottom of the unit.

We still need to build a handicapped ramp, an Arctic entry (front porch), and a shed roof with a carport over the whole thing. That's more outside work. My husband has been working on our sawmill to get the wood ready for that roof.

The inside is just about painted and ready for the floor coverings. We completely stripped the inside and built a new kitchen, two bathrooms, and all of the insides. That includes the plumbing, wiring, insulation, subflooring, windows, and walls. It will be a really nice handicapped-accessible rental when it is finished. I will be able to rent it in a heartbeat.

Our summer is just about over and the storms are starting to come in. The leaves will be starting to turn soon. I should be able to rent that unit by winter.

5. I had to tell a guy to move out with his wife and baby this last week. He's misbehaving. But, one of my other couples with their young daughter wants to move into that one since It qualifies for public housing and they got their voucher. I already have a couple for the unit they are currently renting. The guy who must move could be a problem. We'll see. One day at a time.

And I'm supposed to be retired...

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm on vacation. My husband, with my assistant's help, is keeping everything together. I'm on an Alaskan cruise. The weather is terrible, which is fine with me. There's a storm raging outside of my cabin and this big ship is rocking and rolling with 4 to 6-foot swells. I'm sleeping a bunch and eating what the cruise line is serving. I don't have to cook, make decisions, or answer my phone for a few days.

While I'm gone:

1. I have a bathroom floor being replaced in a rental that the tenant moved out of this last week. As soon as it's ready, I'll have it rented. I have a waiting list.

2. At our off-site rehab project I have a concrete pad being poured for a double carport, a porch, and a back stoop for a back door. I hired a man we know and his 2 brothers to do that work. When the concrete is cured, we can start on the roof work on the house and the carport roof.

3. Same project -- we have a toilet set up and working with the septic tank. Right now it's taking a bucket of water to flush. BUT, my guy who is staying on-site and my workers have a working toilet!

The water line trench is dug from the well to the basement. The pitless seal in the well is just about finished. (We finally found all the parts we needed before I left.) The pitless seal and the water line to the house must be connected. Then we can install the pressure tank in the basement and hook the well up to the water plumbing in the house. I hope I have good news on all of that by the time I get home.

Then we can finish up the natural gas lines to have heat and hot water this winter for finishing the interior.

Last week we got the new gravel driveway built from the street up to the carport pad area. That had to be done to pour the concrete slab this week. That took 4 huge truckloads of pit run gravel on top of Tipar, a fabric material that goes under the gravel. I wrote the check for the gravel on my way out the door for this trip.

4. At our on-site rehab project, the water lines and sewer lines under the mobile home are finished. The natural gas lines are just about ready to hook up. Then we can put the tie-downs in place. We're in a high-wind area just off of the Pacific Ocean, so public housing requires tie-downs with anchors in the ground. I'm hoping to have water and gas on soon, so we can button up the skirting around the bottom of the unit.

We still need to build a handicapped ramp, an Arctic entry (front porch), and a shed roof with a carport over the whole thing. That's more outside work. My husband has been working on our sawmill to get the wood ready for that roof.

The inside is just about painted and ready for the floor coverings. We completely stripped the inside and built a new kitchen, two bathrooms, and all of the insides. That includes the plumbing, wiring, insulation, subflooring, windows, and walls. It will be a really nice handicapped-accessible rental when it is finished. I will be able to rent it in a heartbeat.

Our summer is just about over and the storms are starting to come in. The leaves will be starting to turn soon. I should be able to rent that unit by winter.

5. I had to tell a guy to move out with his wife and baby this last week. He's misbehaving. But, one of my other couples with their young daughter wants to move into that one since It qualifies for public housing and they got their voucher. I already have a couple for the unit they are currently renting. The guy who must move could be a problem. We'll see. One day at a time.

And I'm supposed to be retired...
Enjoy the rock-n-roll, and that well earned break!

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 1, 2023

1. If I can significantly reduce the chance of error in fulfillment at scale through automation
  2. Ramping up offers
  3. I should a put a cap on the number of product siblings I will allow on any offer I list and then slowly lower that cap over time

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Get through learning how to get user login/sessions to work on my demo site. I have a simple trello board with near term tasks set up, and am crunching through backend skills.

I had a hard time with this before, in another backend language, when I was building an app for someone else so I really want to make sure I understand user authentication this time. After that, it doesn't seem like backend, email registration, etc. will be that hard.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 21-Aug-23

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 1, 2023
Week Commencing Monday 21-Aug-23
  1. Double profit over the previous week
  2. Doubling offers, trying to increase API bandwidth, working on scraping solution
  3. Expanding to second marketplace

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
1. Main career: I need to follow up with an attorney so I can get a matter rolling
2. Websites: Keep publishing content, need to get better at SEO and building links
3. Other: Work on webinar/course concepts

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
  1. Double profit over the previous week
  2. Doubling offers, trying to increase API bandwidth, working on scraping solution
  3. Expanding to second marketplace
I got back from my vacation. Rested a lot. Had a good time.

1. At the rehab project -- the water line is in. We're installing the pressure tank. No water is connected yet. Hope to have the water hooked up to the house plumbing this week.

The area for the slab for the carport is just about ready for concrete pour. The forms are in place and the gravel base is compacted. We should have good weather this week. Hopefully, we can arrange to get the concrete poured.

2. At the rental we're working on -- the front bathroom floor is finished.

Found out there is a soft spot in the subflooring in front of the front door. Had to take out the carpeting in the living room. Must replace the floor covering in that room and maybe in the front bedroom. Hope to get the subflooring repaired and ready to put down new floor covering.

Going to take out part of the deck on the side of the unit and build a new deck under an existing awning. Will use rough-cut lumber from our sawmill and stain the heck out of it before we lay it. This week we should be able to pull up the old deck and start on the new deck. We have a lot of boards to stain.

3. On-site rehab -- some progress on replacing the natural gas pipe system. That project must wait to get the vacant rental back up and going.

luminis_

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 27, 2022
1. If I can sign my first client
2. Committing to making 200 touchpoints per day across cold calls, emails, and DMs
3. Recording my sales calls (I keep forgetting to press record on Google Meet)!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Week Commencing Monday 28-Aug-23

This coming week:

1. At the rehab property -- got the natural gas pipes finished up. Can try turning on the gas service any time now.

Still working on hooking up the well to the house system. This week we should be able to get the pressure tank installed in the basement and the water hooked up.

It rained all of last week. Should be able to get the expansion joints in for the concrete pour for the carport. Hope to pour this week. Depends on the weather and the concrete company's schedule.

Starting to frame out to change out some of the windows. The kitchen will have one large window in the middle over the sink rather than 3 smaller windows. Must also replace one of the upstairs master bedroom windows with a 4'X4" for fire egress.

This last week we had to do a concrete pour to make the back basement wall taller. It's curing, so we will be replacing the rim joist on top of that basement wall to support that side of the house. We also poured pads and installed supports in the basement under the kitchen floor.

2. On our vacant rental, we repaired the rotted subflooring and joists in the living room and in the back bedroom. This week we will paint the subflooring and get it ready to do the floor patching and sanding for the new floor covering in the living room and 3 bedrooms.

The old rotten deck is removed. We're building a new deck under an existing awning with a boardwalk back to it from the front porch. I've decided to use treated lumber rather than staining untreated lumber for this build. It will be more expensive for the lumber, But the build will go faster and require fewer people & time to put it together.

Got a natural gas leak repaired and the gas turned back on this last week.

When finished, I have it rented to a current tenant, his ex-wife, and his current roommate. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath mobile home with a large yard and a storage shed. They are all senior citizens and seem to get along well with each other. It should be a win-win for everyone. They can each have a bedroom, share the rent, and I'll be collecting $450 per month more in higher rents from the trio. That's about a 25% upward bump in my rent for that unit.

3. On our on-site rehab -- got the natural gas pipes finished. The furnace and the on-demand water heater are in place. We should be ready to turn the service on soon.

This week we'll be working on finishing & hooking up the wastewater lines.

Most of the interior is at least primed and some of it is painted with a color coat. More painting this week.

We still need to install the ground anchors as part of the system to tie the mobile home down to the ground. It is required to qualify for public housing programs. Maybe this week, IF we have the time. Then we can connect the tie-down cables.

Over the winter we completely gutted this mobile home down to the studs and rebuilt the interior. It will be a 2 bedroom, 2 bath handicapped accessible home when we're done. It has all-new electrical, natural gas, and plumbing systems. It has new kitchen cabinets and I'll be buying new appliances. The back bedroom and handicapped-accessible bathroom are built for full wheelchair access. The front bath is accessible from the second bedroom and the living room.

There's just no rest for the wicked and I must be very wicked!

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 28-Aug-23
@WJK beat me to it! Thanks for starting this week off, and thanks for adding your responses.

I'll add mine:

Post daily short videos to LinkedIn again (will also post to other platforms - YouTube, TikTok, Instagram/Facebook Reels, maybe even Twitter).

See 1. above.

See 1. above!

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 1, 2023

Doubling the profit from last week from $500 to $1,000.

Increasing offer count to 250k, opening a new country.

Asking people I know if they will let me use their Amazon seller account to boost my API bandwidth.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.