The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What amount of monthly income do you guys consider fastlane?

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Fastlane is primarily a mindset. Some Slowlaners make a lot of money. An example would be sports stars who have well paid jobs.

Some Fastlaners don't make a lot of money because they are starting out or have had a business failure.

The Fastlane is a method for leveraging your expertise to be able to help large numbers of people. On the average, Fastlaners have more impact than Slowlaners and so could in principle receive a higher income.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
10k, 20k, 50k, etc?
It's not about the income, it's about how you are making it.

$50k a month as a doctor working 80 hours a week?
$20k a month as an investor working 5 hours a week?

Which one is fastlane to you?

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA

the investor guy has to go through volatility, periods of ups and downs. Not as sexy as you might think shh.JPG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As others have said, it's not how much you earn but how you earn it.

And there's also this:

Hurks2048

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Apr 15, 2023
As others have said, it's not how much you earn but how you earn it.

And there's also this:
Agree with this.
As said by others, I think the fastlane is more about mindset/lifestyle than a specific numerical income.
For example, If I was able to make $10k p/m from a dog walking business and was able to spend plenty of time with those I love, wouldn't that beat working an unpleasant 9-5 while earning $20k p/m?

Just some food for thought.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
It's probably around $30k a month net for the majority of people. With that income you can basically live anywhere you want and still enjoy your life (even in expensive cities like Paris, Oslo, London etc.).

But to truly live that baller type of lifestyle; think of exotic cars, high-end apartments, frequent first class vacations/5 star hotels, shopping with your girl etc. It's at least $100k a month net minimum.

And again like others have pointed out, making $300k a month while working 20 hours a week is SO much better than making $10m a month while working 16 hours a day if it makes sense.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I find there are two starting amounts where things change the most:

- 5 to 10k a month where people can quit their job and go fulltime in their own business. This allows people to set up their life as they wish and have enough money to start building a good lifestyle base.

- Around 50k/month where people can start to stack wealth a lot faster while also living a high standard of living.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
the investor guy has to go through volatility, periods of ups and downs. Not as sexy as you might think View attachment 49397
It depends on what he’s investing in. I think you may be thinking of trading.

The only reason I put 5 hours a week is because nothing is truly 100% passive.

But you could get $20k/mo with 5% CDs and have zero work.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I find there are two starting amounts where things change the most:

- 5 to 10k a month where people can quit their job and go fulltime in their own business. This allows people to set up their life as they wish and have enough money to start building a good lifestyle base.

- Around 50k/month where people can start to stack wealth a lot faster while also living a high standard of living.
If we want to talk about absolute amounts of money. I agree. I think that $10,000 a month is probably where you start feeling a little comfortable in most areas of the United States.

I feel like at $20,000 a month. You are in kind of a limbo stage where you can spend freely but if you do so you are not accumulating any wealth at this level you need to be mindful of a budget still if you want to become in the top 1% later in life.

I think that around $50,000 a month is where You can start spending some money and not even worry about how much you are saving because you are just saving a lot of money without even trying. This is near the point where MJ mentions you can save close to 90% of your income without actively thinking about savings.

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 2, 2023
It depends on what he’s investing in. I think you may be thinking of trading.

The only reason I put 5 hours a week is because nothing is truly 100% passive.

But you could get $20k/mo with 5% CDs and have zero work.
What is a CD again lol? How much would you have to put into it to get 20k per month at 5%?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
My interpretation:

The fastlane is not a level of wealth but a philosophy about how to build wealth. That’s what the fastlane is. It’s the idea that there’s 3 groups.

1. Sidewalkers: total morons. Paycheck to paycheck, employees forever. Basically cattle.
2. Slowlaners: arrogant morons. They have a 401k and might have some retirement saved up by the time they’re 60. They think they’re so smart with their 80k debt in student loans and being enslaved to their job.
3. Fastlaners: getting paid from a scalable business. Sacrifice 5-10 years of busting your a$$ to build something real, it pays off for the rest of your life. Be an actual millionaire in your 30’s or maybe even your 20’s, and enjoy the best of what life has to offer, take risks and deliver real value to the world instead of punching a time clock for the rest of your life. Be a producer. Bust your a$$ to get paid when you sleep in 5 years.

Being on the fastlane by definition is just when you are taking actions to further goals that align with that philosophy. Things like growing a business. Once you are on the path you are a “fastlaner”. What makes someone “successful” is just how far along on that path they are. And that definition is different for everyone.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If we want to talk about absolute amounts of money. I agree. I think that $10,000 a month is probably where you start feeling a little comfortable in most areas of the United States.

I feel like at $20,000 a month. You are in kind of a limbo stage where you can spend freely but if you do so you are not accumulating any wealth at this level you need to be mindful of a budget still if you want to become in the top 1% later in life.

I think that around $50,000 a month is where You can start spending some money and not even worry about how much you are saving because you are just saving a lot of money without even trying. This is near the point where MJ mentions you can save close to 90% of your income without actively thinking about savings.

Ya exactly. I know guys who have made 10k/m profit for years and have lived well but haven’t really saved anything.

It’s the guys who get to 50k/m and keep it over that amount that seem to really pull ahead. I feel that’s the tipping point amount.

Obvious people way over that amount are getting there even faster.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
For me, 20K is a good target to hit. I am not materialistic and even if I had the money I would not spend it on cars (I don't even own one), or big houses that make you a target for burglars. Before you know it I would have to manage personnel for security, cleaning, etc.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My perspective... and this is based in US/Canada, other countries will be different.

1. $5-$10K/mo: Fastlane launchpad, here someone can take care of bills and really focus on their business.
  2. $10-$20K: Debt repayments start to accelerate, you start to realize that you don't stress about money as much.
  3. $20K-$50K: Personal debts can be paid instantaneously (student loans, car balances, mortgages) you start paying cash for things, and savings start to accumulate, even with modest lifestyle elevation, newer car, new house.
  4. $50K-$100K Net worth starts to rapidly accelerate, both through cash flow and business evaluation. Lifestyle can elevate and your life starts to change. Friends/family might start taking notice.
  5. $100K-$250K/mo: Net worth begins to go asymmetrical, life changes, no money worries at all, assuming your lifestyle didn't mimic the income elevation. Taxes start becoming a problem.
  6. $250K+/mo: Life is never the same, lifestyle starts to go asymmetrical, net worth rapidly accumulates as does liquid reserves. Taxes become a major issue.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
t7Vf6WD.jpeg

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
My perspective... and this is based in US/Canada, other countries will be different.

1. $5-$10K/mo: Fastlane launchpad, here someone can take care of bills and really focus on their business.
  2. $10-$20K: Debt repayments start to accelerate, you start to realize that you don't stress about money as much.
  3. $20K-$50K: Personal debts can be paid instantaneously (student loans, car balances, mortgages) you start paying cash for things, and savings start to accumulate, even with modest lifestyle elevation, newer car, new house.
  4. $50K-$100K Net worth starts to rapidly accelerate, both through cash flow and business evaluation. Lifestyle can elevate and your life starts to change. Friends/family might start taking notice.
  5. $100K-$250K/mo: Net worth begins to go asymmetrical, life changes, no money worries at all, assuming your lifestyle didn't mimic the income elevation. Taxes start becoming a problem.
  6. $250K+/mo: Life is never the same, lifestyle starts to go asymmetrical, net worth rapidly accumulates as does liquid reserves. Taxes become a major issue.
How do you deal with taxe issues?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Personally I think real wealth is people who are making $1M+/month. Below that, you may be able to take care of all your lifestyle needs, but you won't be accumulating massive wealth and influence that enables you to make big moves in the world.

With $1M coming in per month you can start multiple businesses, invest in political campaigns, dine with the elite, speak to members of your Parliament, etc. Suddenly at that point a whole new level of influence opens up. There almost won't be any door that you can't open if you put your mind to it.

To me, wealth is associated with kings and conquerors. It's not just about having money to fund your lifestyle, it's about having so much money that you're able to influence the world in significant ways.

To get there you probably need a business with revenues of $25-50M+/year so that profits can add up to $1M/month assuming a 25-50% profit margin.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I think it’s worth mentioning the scale part of cents.

Let’s use the doctor example again.

It was mentioned how he was making 50k a month and working heaps, vs 20k a month and not working much with a lifestyle business.

What wasn’t mentioned is that the doctor cannot work any more hours in the day. The doctor can not ask for a 200% pay rise.

The lifestyle business can scale and make 100k the next month, then 200k the month after.

Tonmoy.bold

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Oct 20, 2022

absolutely true. And you should also consider if you can scale and automate it

msissoko

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 26, 2023

Very good

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I've gone back to a job to put some savings together to relaunch my business in a bigger city (5 million vs 300k).

I make 20 to 25k AUD a month gross but do 12 hour days and am in tunnels 800 metres underground. Does NOT feel fastlane lol.

If I was managing my business which had growth potential and was only clearing 1/3rd of that I'd feel much better.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I've gone back to a job to put some savings together to relaunch my business in a bigger city (5 million vs 300k).

I make 20 to 25k AUD a month gross but do 12 hour days and am in tunnels 800 metres underground. Does NOT feel fastlane lol.

If I was managing my business which had growth potential and was only clearing 1/3rd of that I'd feel much better.
Hope you are investing a lot of that money!

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Hope you are investing a lot of that money!
Only been there a month but will be using it for relaunching my commercial cleaning biz in a capital city I used to live in, targeting 5 to 15k per month clients. Got my a$$ kicked the first year I tried with too small clients, too small an area population wise, wrong productivity rates and margins, and much, MUCH more :rofl:

Midnightbast111

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 19, 2024
20 k I guess but fastlane income can differ greatly, with some people earning more than they would in a regular job. In the world of cash advance strategies such as 신용카드 현금화, fastlane could translate to significant monthly earnings that surpass standard wages. It involves taking advantage of opportunities for increased financial rewards beyond the usual 9-5 grind.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.