The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What if you never get a FTE?

Anything related to matters of the mind

mrskib

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 19, 2024
Read unscripted , want to start going towards the unscripted life. However, the problem is that I've never had a FTE and literally have no idea on what to do. Motivation isn't helping either, because i'm not in an uncomfortable position, and as each day passes i feel more and more hopeless that i'll never even start on the path

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
Then create your FTE.

I was in an extremely cushy government job a year ago. Then I changed jobs to improve my salary. And things changed :D

Currently, I would never like to work with another person again. Lets see, if I can really do it.

In the worst case, I would return to that government job and use it as a hedge to make an RE business.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
You’re allowed to take action before having an FTE, it isn’t a prerequisite. An FTE might not be a magical event so much as it is a paradigm shift. Have you decided that you’re going to change your life and become Unscripted ? Or have you decided that your comfort is going to keep you from taking action?

If you’re asking for someone on this forum to tell you what to do you will likely be disappointed. That being said, I’ll give you some general advice that has helped me: change your language. Instead of saying, “I don’t know what to do,” say, “I’m open to opportunity.” Instead of saying “I’m not in a position that is giving me enough adversity,” say “I’m in a sound position to try new things.” Telling yourself over and over that you’re hopeless and don’t know what to do will just keep that cycle going. Telling yourself that you’re open to opportunity will trick your brain into looking for opportunities.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
You will, everyone will get an FTE one point or another.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Then you figure out your "why."

Personally speaking, I don't believe this life serves any meaning or purpose. We're simply here for a bit, and then one day, we die. My reasoning for following "the fastlane" is nothing short of self-serving and logical.

While I don't believe human life has meaning, I recognize that, while I am here, "money" and "work" both need to be relevant to me in some capacity. I also recognize I am a terrible employee. I will "quiet quit," I will show up late, I'll tell you to your face I don't care, etc. I am unemployable. For no other reason than the fact I hate surrendering control.

Therefore, since "money" needs to be relevant to me, my only options are A) entrepreneurship, or B) be homeless. I choose A out of necessity, but don't get it twisted: I still have to force myself to get up and "be my own boss." I still have to force myself to care about any of this at all.

So, my advice to you is just that: figure out what you genuinely care about, what you stand for, etc. You say you're not struggling. Okay, cool. Find an audience of people that is and figure out how to help them. It doesn't matter with what that is. Just help them.

As someone else said, I think you'd benefit the most from simply changing up your vocabulary and self-talk. Telling yourself "I'm hopeless" leads to you feeling hopeless. Telling yourself "I'm open to new opportunities and challenges" inherently prepares you to be on the lookout for said opportunities.

Regardless of what anyone tells you, your mental state is one of the biggest determining factors in your success. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and go find people to help. Go live life.

Cheers.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
An FTE is an traumatic event that will happen in your life. Once you hit rock-bottom of sort. You will have a different perspective.

I.e. filing for bankruptcy, a job loss, losing your car, spouse cheating on you. Credit card debt. Or even recognizing bad health.

You will change once you've come to a point in your life that you no longer want to live this way. Hang out with the friends that you have or have parents who are not caring only seek to take and not give.

I.e. crying in your bed, can't stand how life is.

These events though you can change the perspective on them. If you have credit card debt, cool. Your paying them off so you don't have to worry about them no more.

Spouse cheated on you? Cool, find another who genuine cares about you and knows your worth.

Lost your job or being a replaced? Use the company for your personal gain, don't let them use you. There will be another opportunity.

Don't understand why your contract isn't converting to FTE? Don't worry about it's an external event that you can't control. Move forward.

Career stuck in a rut? Maybe it'd about time for a new track. See what else you can do.

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
You don't need or want a FTE.

A true FTE will leave you scarred for years.

So instead of finding a way to provoke an unnecessary tragedy in your life and traumatize yourself for no reason, use this simple two-step procedure:

1. USE YOUR F*ckING BRAIN to understand the impermanence of life:
  • We're not here forever
  • And time devalues over time: millionaire at 30 is A LOT more fun than millionaire at 80

2. Start working.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
I guess you haven't reached 20 years old? Then go have fun. But, I don't mean YOLO behavior. But do something that interests you. You'll find your FTE somehow.

But as someone said, you don't need FTE to get started in business.

So here's a challenge. Can you do something that makes a 5$ in profit? But you can't use that profit for yourself. You have to donate it to charity.

See how it feels like when you hand it to charity. Notice do you like it or not?

Don't ask why. Just do it. And come back to tell us what you have learned.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I just determined entrepreneurship was better because of time leverage... So I became an entrepreneur.

This not having an FTE is an excuse, it is not actually holding you back.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I've always tried to have the mindset of "don't wait until things are so unbearable to change it, but start early", definitely hard to implement but gives you a head start. Because I knew that I'd eventually change at that moment, but no point in waiting for it. I'm not talking about entrepreneurship but in general aspects of life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.