The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What motivates you to execute your goal

Anything related to matters of the mind

carlolacson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Mar 17, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Back in college I read TMF and already know my direction after I graduate. I'm 21 years old and currently in a job to save money for my business.I have so many ideas in my mind and no execution it's a mental masturbation.

MJ already showed me the door and I'm too lazy walk in it.So what happens? There's a woman I used to date and I really really love her I literally gave my time,money and heart to her and we've been doing good until one day she stops talking/texting me and found out she's dating a guy who's better and have more money than me.

That painful experience really destroyed me I was depressed, even try to commit suicide then one day I realize this powerful energy of rage I'm feeling is a fuel for success I take advantage of It and execute my idea.I feel unstoppable because all I care now is making my dreams reality.Sometimes the bad experiences in life is what makes you do the things you think you can't do. I didn't regret that I'm thankful for it.I would like to hear from you guys what is the greatest motivation that makes you execute or consistently take action of your goal?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TycoonDreamin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 10, 2015
At first, I wanted to own Lambos and ferraris

Then, I was like I want my daughters to have a great life and give them a head start.

Now I'm like, I want my daughters to have a great life AND drive Lambos and Raris!

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
Me its really more of the person I Become, over the things I get. Knowing that if I keep striving forward learning and progressing even if what ever product, business ect I make is gone. The person I am can Rebuild or do it even better the second time. not there yet but ima keep at it haha

I always imagine a second me going on doing that one extra thing i don't want to do, and seeing that it adds up and gets ahead that also motivates me.

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
Ps. Check out rsdnation dude for self improvement also and with chicks it def help me ;)

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I don't have a good one :(

I just feel twisted in barbed wire :p
And slowly put down buckets as I bleed out.

Man, business... Whoa boy, I cannot describe how much I hatred and anger I've chewed through. It is a lot.
I achieved a sense of peace through refusal to giving in to my feeling of unfair BS.

I crawled. Emotionally, physically, mentally. Through a vast ocean of sh#t.

My only motivation, is pure, unadulterated, animalistic, teeth grinding, pain.

I need a better motivator :jimlad:
:cigar:

But yo, seriously... Refusal to hate, refusal to lie down, refusal to sip cool-aid.
If you have any fire and smarts in you its all you need.
But be warned.

You should ALWAYS go through more pain, to become a better man, than rush towards wealth, or wealth will mean nothing to you in the end.

I cannot emphasize that strong enough.
ALWAYS seek pain, if betterment is truly on the other side.

Never be a f'n p#ssy.

But that gem of advice considered, I am looking for a better way.
:walkingdead:

People>Cash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jun 4, 2014
I would recommend art of charm for women and life in general. Can't say for rsd but art of charm focuses on becoming a better person overall. One of the healthier ways to attract quality women

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's a mixture of these:

1) To be the best I can be
  • I believe business is the truest form of self expression.
  • I believe my business growth is a reflection of my personal growth.

2) So my kids can be the best THEY can be

(Originally posted in this thread.)

"I hustle for my last name, I don't hustle for my first." - Dame Dash

As a father that's about as motivating as it gets.

In case you haven't worked out how big the stakes really are...

I had a coaching call earlier this year.

It was with with the guy who introduced me to limiting beliefs a couple of years ago, and I was much more open this time round knowing that I have my own "stories" constructed to avoid underlying issues.

After an hour of talking and making a bit of progress we made a big break-through for me.

He diagnosed some of my actions as coming from the "not enough" gene we all have.

As humans, we ALL suffer from the "I'm not enough" gene. It's what allows us as a species to keep doing more, to keep exploring, and to conquer new territories.

But that feeling of "not enough" can also prevent us from taking action, or completing something.

Maybe we need to learn more before we start?

Maybe we need to get a business partner because we aren't good at business?

Maybe we need to get an office and a logo before we sell anything?

This all comes from the "not enough" gene.

It never goes away.

We all have to know we have it, and we each have to learn how to not be it's slave, and how to continuously fight it.

Many people never get past it, ever.

If you're like me, you win sometimes, and other times it causes you to take the wrong action.

"So what?" you might think. You can live with it. You're comfortable enough aren't you?

The stakes are bigger than you think, and that's why I loved this video...

Your kids will inherit that "not enough" gene.

And the world is going to do it's damnest to make them slaves to "I'm not enough".

They will suffer all that self-doubt that you do.

And there's a high chance that they don't fulfil their true potential.

UNLESS YOU BREAK THE CYCLE FIRST!

If YOU haven't sorted it our in your own head, then you're leaving it up to your kids to try and sort it out themselves.

As a man, I've gone out into the world and created my own space. I have my own tribe now. I am their provider. I am responsible for keeping them safe first and foremost.

BUT, I am also responsible for ensuring they have the mindset needed to make the most of their lives, and not call anyone else their boss.

The success of your business reflects your personal growth.

My only job now is to become the man I wish my sons to grow up to be.

As business owners and entrepreneurs, we're doing something that most of the population is too scared to - we're facing our "not enough" gene headon, and pushing through it.

The simple trick my coach gave me whenever I notice I'm not taking the proper action because I think I'm "not enough"?

Say...

I *AM* enough

Because I say I am

3) So I can help more people
  • I was hooked on lead generation back in 2009 the first time a friend rang me to tell me he had his first phone call (the full story is here).
  • It was incredible to know I helped another person with a family in a massive way, rather than making no difference to a big corporation.
  • I still remember the sound of his voice... the disbelief, the relief, the excitement, the hope.
  • That moment was a turning point for me.
  • I believe I have a unique ability to generate leads for millions of small local service business owners.
  • I have to create the vehicle to allow me to do that.
  • I have to grow to be able to do that.

and finally...

It's like a magnet drawing me in.

I can't NOT do it

Last edited by a moderator:

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
giphy.gif

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.