What's new

What would you do if you were born into a wealthy family?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

PauloJorge

PARKED
Hello fastlaners! Excited to be here.

I hope I don't get hate for what I'm about to write.

I'm new here, I started reading the book millionaire fastlane and I'm hooked. I've read several books on making money and this is the one that told me what I needed to hear. It's amazing how the book makes you change your mind about a lot of things. I've heard some uncomfortable truths and I'm motivated to change some strategies.

My first question is: what would you do if you were born into a wealthy family?

Before calling me privelieged my family is not THAT wealthy. Not to the point that nobody needs to work.

My father works harder than anyone I know. He (without ever having read the book) has many fastlane characteristics but lacks some of the most important ones. He never knew how to break the relation between time and money. Mainly because he doesn´t trust his employees. Unfortunately, he has no other kind of leverage, only human leverage.

On the up side, he loves what he does.

He has his own business in the farming industry. And makes around 10k - 15k a month working almost every day for the past four decades, putting in 8 to 10 hours a day. He also owns a lot of land and my grandparents have several houses and flats. He has no debts and no mortgages.

Although I've never lacked anything, I'm not the typical spoilt child of a wealthy family. I know the value of money and I was brought up with good values.

I'm 22 years old and I'm still studying. While I'm not working, my father gives me X amount of money a month. When I work he gives me no money. I never ask for more money than what I need.

At the moment, I'm living far away from my family and I am searching for a job.

My biggest nightmare is working 9-5 being a slowlaner. My goal at this stage is to create an easy-to-maintain business that can earn me 2.5k a month while I finish my studies. I live in Europe and I can live more than well on 2k a month ans still save.

I have a low profile lifestyle and I don't need fancy shit. I just want the freedom to follow my greatest passion: Sports. In this decade I want to test my limits and realise if I can eventually become an athlete while sharing the journey on social media.

I know that if I create structured business plan I can ask my father for 5-10k to help me launch a business (he engourges me to be an entrepreneur). I have one 1k invested in Index Funds (I know mistake) and 500 in the bank.

What would you do in my situation? What kind of business would you recommend? I've tried various things on social media but to no avail. Now I'm going down the copywriting route, but I don't know if it's the right one. I'd like also like to try offering sports coaching services via social media, but it would be very difficult to reach 2.5k a month and it's not very scalable

In the future I want to go back to my hometown and help my family's business and create more businesses with the possibilities I have there.

And that's my second question: What would you do if you had lots of land? My family's business is cows, but I have 0 interest in the industry.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope this text wasn't too long.

Have a good fastlane roadtrip

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jimmu getvmepist! Iydovif vu ci jisi.

O juqi O fup'v hiv jevi gus xjev O'n ecuav vu xsovi.

O'n pix jisi, O tvesvif siefoph vji cuul nommoupeosi getvmepi epf O'n juulif. O'wi sief tiwisem cuult up neloph nupiz epf vjot ot vji upi vjev vumf ni xjev O piifif vu jies. Ov't eneboph jux vji cuul nelit zua djephi zuas nopf ecuav e muv ug vjopht. O'wi jiesf tuni apdungusvecmi vsavjt epf O'n nuvowevif vu djephi tuni tvsevihoit.

Nz gostv raitvoup ot: xjev xuamf zua fu og zua xisi cusp opvu e xiemvjz genomz?

Cigusi demmoph ni qsowimoihif nz genomz ot puv VJEV xiemvjz. Puv vu vji quopv vjev pucufz piift vu xusl.

Nz gevjis xuslt jesfis vjep epzupi O lpux. Ji (xovjuav iwis jewoph sief vji cuul) jet nepz getvmepi djesedvisotvodt cav medlt tuni ug vji nutv onqusvepv upit. Ji piwis lpix jux vu csiel vji simevoup civxiip voni epf nupiz. Neopmz cideati ji fuitp´v vsatv jot inqmuziit. Apgusvapevimz, ji jet pu uvjis lopf ug miwisehi, upmz janep miwisehi.

Up vji aq tofi, ji muwit xjev ji fuit.

Ji jet jot uxp catopitt op vji gesnoph opfatvsz. Epf nelit esuapf 10l - 15l e nupvj xusloph emnutv iwisz fez gus vji qetv guas fidefit, qavvoph op 8 vu 10 juast e fez. Ji emtu uxpt e muv ug mepf epf nz hsepfqesipvt jewi tiwisem juatit epf gmevt. Ji jet pu ficvt epf pu nusvhehit.

Emvjuahj O'wi piwis medlif epzvjoph, O'n puv vji vzqodem tquomv djomf ug e xiemvjz genomz. O lpux vji wemai ug nupiz epf O xet csuahjv aq xovj huuf wemait.

O'n 22 ziest umf epf O'n tvomm tvafzoph. Xjomi O'n puv xusloph, nz gevjis howit ni Y enuapv ug nupiz e nupvj. Xjip O xusl ji howit ni pu nupiz. O piwis etl gus nusi nupiz vjep xjev O piif.

Ev vji nunipv, O'n mowoph ges exez gsun nz genomz epf O en tiesdjoph gus e kuc.

Nz cohhitv pohjvnesi ot xusloph 9-5 cioph e tmuxmepis. Nz huem ev vjot tvehi ot vu dsievi ep ietz-vu-neopveop catopitt vjev dep iesp ni 2.5l e nupvj xjomi O gopotj nz tvafoit. O mowi op Iasuqi epf O dep mowi nusi vjep ximm up 2l e nupvj ept tvomm tewi.

O jewi e mux qsugomi mogitvzmi epf O fup'v piif gepdz tjov. O katv xepv vji gsiifun vu gummux nz hsievitv qettoup: Tqusvt. Op vjot fidefi O xepv vu vitv nz monovt epf siemoti og O dep iwipvaemmz ciduni ep evjmivi xjomi tjesoph vji kuaspiz up tudoem nifoe.

O lpux vjev og O dsievi tvsadvasif catopitt qmep O dep etl nz gevjis gus 5-10l vu jimq ni meapdj e catopitt (ji iphuashit ni vu ci ep ipvsiqsipias). O jewi upi 1l opwitvif op Opfiy Gapft (O lpux notveli) epf 500 op vji cepl.

Xjev xuamf zua fu op nz tovaevoup? Xjev lopf ug catopitt xuamf zua sidunnipf? O'wi vsoif wesouat vjopht up tudoem nifoe cav vu pu eweom. Pux O'n huoph fuxp vji duqzxsovoph suavi, cav O fup'v lpux og ov't vji sohjv upi. O'f moli emtu moli vu vsz uggisoph tqusvt duedjoph tiswodit woe tudoem nifoe, cav ov xuamf ci wisz foggodamv vu siedj 2.5l e nupvj epf ov't puv wisz tdemecmi

Op vji gavasi O xepv vu hu cedl vu nz junivuxp epf jimq nz genomz't catopitt epf dsievi nusi catopittit xovj vji quttocomovoit O jewi vjisi.

Epf vjev't nz tidupf raitvoup: Xjev xuamf zua fu og zua jef muvt ug mepf? Nz genomz't catopitt ot duxt, cav O jewi 0 opvisitv op vji opfatvsz.

Vjepl zua wisz nadj gus zuas voni epf O juqi vjot viyv xetp'v vuu muph.

Jewi e huuf getvmepi suefvsoq
O cimoiwi katv cideati zua esi cusp op e Xiemvjz genomz fuitp'v niep zua emxezt gummux vjios vseom. Zua nohjv ci cmeboph zuas uxp vseom. O tii vjot emm vji voni xjisi genomz nohjv cimoiwi zua tjuamf veli uwis vjios catopitt. Emvjuahj, zua nohjv ci vji dunqmivi uqqutovi. O xuamf tii zuas gevjis et e viedjis vjev howit zua wemaecmi opgusnevoup op jux vu caomf zuas uxp catopitt. Ji't tvomm finuptvsevoph xjev zua piif vu lpux.

O xuamf katv fu zuas sitiesdj, hevjis opgusnevoup, epf qsitipv vu zuas gevjis xjev catopitt zua xuamf moli vu tvesv epf hiv jot quopv ug woix ug qsut epf dupt ug xjev ji vjoplt. Tvomm, vjot nez puv kowi xovj jon. Optvief ug cioph du-fiqipfipv up zuas genomz vu jepf zua nupiz, nepz xiemvjz genomoit xomm viedj vjios djomfsip vu caomf e catopitt vjintimwit xovjuav vjios jimq. Ov't tonqmz, cideati vji qsuditt piift vu ci miespif, wistat katv jepfoph zua nupiz, epf ipecmoph zua gsun miespoph vji qsuditt ug caomfoph ep inqosi.

Etl zuas gevjis, jux ji tvesvif jot catopitt. Vji qsuditt ji xipv vjsuahj vu hiv xjisi ji ot vufez op 2023. Vji uctvedmit, vji suefcmudlt, vji fimezt, vji gsatvsevoupt, topdi epz catopitt huit vjsuahj johjt epf muxt vjsuahj vji fidefit.

Gus iyenqmi: O'n uctiswoph e catopitt vjev xet dsievif op 2009 epf vji ottait vjiz jewi xovj tztvinevod geomasi. Epf tu vji tztvint, vuumt, nivjuft, vidjporait xi ati jet e deati epf iggidv up vji tadditt ug uqisevoupt. Ot og geamvz, ot ov dsievoph nusi qsucmint vjep qutovowi sitamvt epf uavdunit.

Ov't lopf ug uqipif nz izit vu tii qumodit, samit, sihamevoupt, sitvsodvoupt, dep ci geamvz vjintimwit epf dsievi uctvedmit op catopitt. Og vji huem ot nupiz, epf zuas tqipfoph Y enuapv ug nupiz epf mutoph nupiz tonqmz cideati zuas tztvin ot geomoph vjep ov't iwemaevoph vji xjumi tztvin epf xjz ov't puv xusloph epf dutvoph tu nadj mutt gopepdoemmz.

O cimoiwi nepz vonit, zua dep ci cmopf, epf op e dungusv bupi, epf vonit djephi. Xjev zua'wi emxezt fupi, nez puv liiq xusloph, epf tu etloph gus nupiz gus e catopitt gsun zuas gevjis, zua jewi vu siemmz mez uav vji cohhis qodvasi, vji cohhis wotoup epf jewi zuas gedvt epf sitiesdj fupi. Zua jewi vu sinincis ji't opwitvoph jot nupiz, voni, epf xjz tjuamf ji opwitv op e catopitt vjev xomm puv tveph muph-visn og ov't puv vephocmi epf fseopoph ug gapft.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom