• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

INTRO Who am I? How did I get here? Where am I going?

wal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
127%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Hi, my name is Olly, I'm 23 years old, and I come from Southampton, in the United Kingdom.

It probably isn't much of a surprise to most of you that I found my way here through the Millionaire Fastlane book (It's pushed pretty well throughout) but my reason for actually getting up and paying for it was less because of the book, and more because of circumstance.

I have been searching for the fastlane for around 2 years now, working hard to progress from shitty 9-5 job to now being self-employed, albeit still working for a boss, but he's a friend, so it's not as bad. I haven't yet managed to find the entrance to the fastlane, but I am actively searching, and I know I will find it.

The thing that made me get up and join this forum was due to a multitude of instances.

I woke up this morning to a message from a friend cancelling plans that we had due to her lack of accountability in filling out a new job application. She had previously blown up at a family event as some members were frustrating her and apparently this prevented her from working on her application, and apparently the only day she could do it was the day I was supposed to be seeing her. Bare in mind this application had been started weeks ago. I had already been feeling disheveled by my current friendships as they are all Slowlaners or Sidwalkers and every time I attempt to have a conversation about wealth or a similar topic they repeat the same mantras and can never seem to understand where I'm coming from.

I then received a reply from a message from another group of friends, all the same (Slowlaners/Sidewalkers) indicating that the plans we had for a few months now would not be taking place because someone forgot about it and could no longer attend.

The final blow was when my current programming tutor that I had paid to teach me Java said that he was "Stuck in traffic" and couldn't make our session, this was the only one that I could find that could fit in the daily lessons I was requesting around their full time, 9-5 work schedule. Programming Java is a skill I plan to use to leverage an idea to generate wealth.

I understand that things in life get in the way of plans, but I value the time that I spend with my friends, and if I have plans I certainly wouldn't be cancelling them for a lack of accountability or even responsibility for that matter. And I certainly wouldn't be shutting their ideas down or not seeing things from their perspective.

I came here because I want to spend my time talking to individuals who share the same beliefs as me, I want to network and meet new people to share conversation and collaborate on ideas and most importantly, I want to enter the Fastlane and never leave and if I'm going to start anywhere. It's going to be here. @MJ DeMarco

Thanks for reading,
Olly

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Olly.

Your first business does not have to be Fastlane, Fastlane is the goal not the benchmark, you can use 'value skew' to get started in most businesses nowadays, a NEED doesn't have to stare you in the face before taking action.

And if your friends are flaking on you it means they don't value your presence as much as you think, get yourself a new set of friends that like you and want to be around you. Overall you shouldn't worry about this that much because you can always make new friends if you got stuffs going on for you.

Ximduni vu vji gusan Ummz.

Zuas gostv catopitt fuit puv jewi vu ci Getvmepi, Getvmepi ot vji huem puv vji cipdjnesl, zua dep ati 'wemai tlix' vu hiv tvesvif op nutv catopittit puxefezt, e PIIF fuitp'v jewi vu tvesi zua op vji gedi cigusi veloph edvoup.

Epf og zuas gsoipft esi gmeloph up zua ov niept vjiz fup'v wemai zuas qsitipdi et nadj et zua vjopl, hiv zuastimg e pix tiv ug gsoipft vjev moli zua epf xepv vu ci esuapf zua. Uwisemm zua tjuamfp'v xussz ecuav vjot vjev nadj cideati zua dep emxezt neli pix gsoipft og zua huv tvaggt huoph up gus zua.
Vjeplt gus zuas siqmz nep,

O jewi ep ofie vjev O en vszoph vu deqovemobi up sohjv pux, O jewip'v ziv sief ecuav wemai tlix, O xomm sief aq up vjev pux. Vjepl gus zua gus vji efwodi.

O en giimoph vjot xez xovj e duaqmi ug vjin nusi tu sidipvmz. Epuvjis sietup vu xusl jesf up qsukidvt vu ipecmi ni vu niiv pix moli-nopfif qiuqmi vjev edvaemmz wemai nz voni, epf dep taqqusv epf cuutv ni vu xjisi O xepv vu ci.

Huuf madl vu zua op xjeviwis ipfiewust zua'si dassipvmz qastaoph.

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back