The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who I Am & How I Ended Up With You People...

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
Hey guys,

Name's Josh Herman. 28 Year old business owner from California.

Super excited to be with you all, and I can't wait to provide my knowledge and opinion that will (hopefully) help some peeps out there.

I've been through a hell of a turbulent ride so far in my life, but I'll keep this business focused...

My parents (and extended family), well... Really everybody I've had in my life is a slowlaner. Like most of us, I know that they have great intentions, but, as we all know -- "get rich slow" and "finishrich" is a load of baloney.

So, I am in the process of taking the fastlane road, but let me tell you my reality...

I've been so crossed up lately because my mindset is not in the right place.

For some reason, I keep telling myself that I'm not good enough, and why would people pay me to help them grow... There's thousands of others out there that could do what i do.

Ah, the good old low self esteem...

Thing is, I'm a true high producer when I work for someone else... Not sure why I don't have the same confidence working for myself.

But, i'm not kidding -- somehow, I have a knack at looking at businesses / brands and identifying things that will make them grow. Typically focusing on businesses already making money and NOT start ups.

One big mistake I made was getting TOO involved with one of my clients to the point where I focused solely on becoming a partner with their company... I helped their SAAS company grow from $300k per month to $1.2 million with a range of advising...

Things like creating an upsell offer that converts, optimizing their website for maximum conversions, and utilizing alternative advertising channels (in this case it was Facebook)

Then I took the rains and created a win-back campaign for the people who'd already cancelled their service. We partnered up 50/50 on this deal (MRR of all sign ups)

Real quick I began making more money than ever before. I went from a measly $2500 / month to over $20k per month.

I was on top of the world. I was enjoying what i was doing and felt like I had a purpose. Confidence at an all time high.

Before I knew it... Things came crashing down.

Facebook decided to contact google and kick us off both advertising platforms (because Facebook doesn't like Instagram Growth Companies)

They even sent my partners a cease and desist.

At that point, I was at least satisfied that I signed up over 1,000 people via email marketing with our win-back campaign because my money wouldn't stop.

I WAS WRONG.

My "so-called" partners stopped paying me since they got shut down and told me that they would issue back pay for all the missed payments.

Well, there's no way I'll recover any of that. I chucked it up to a loss of $40k.

Really was my fault though because I:

A) Didn't sign a contract
B) Took charge of working with them instead of focusing on my company

And in retrospect, now that I understand I wasn't ready for all that money because I was buying stupid things. If i knew what I know now, things would be different because I would have used the majority of that money to build my business.

Which leads me to the current time.

I came across fastlane because I am in desperate need of engaging with a community of people that understand my struggles. Nobody around me gets what I'm going through and it's took my confidence for a hit.

All good, because I am here to make noise once again. It's easy when you're up, but it's a bit different when you're down.

So I decided to work full force on my money map and commit to building the systems and the business now so I can have time to live life within a few years.

Being somewhat young still (without a wife or kids) this is the perfect time to put everything out and make something happen.

Because I do want time freedom and I want to get married with my girlfriend within 18-24 months and have a little one.

I've already been so motivated by your book, MJ, and I just wanted to formally (whatever that means) introduce myself to you good people.

Really, I look forward to growing and being a positive influence on the forums.

Thanks for everybody out there that are apart of this community.

Cheers,
Josh H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Hi Josh...Wow.. that was a long intro... Like most here I wouldn't read much of it... However welcome, and by definitiin 90%+ of the population are not in our zone. (and probably never will) Wishing you well in you ventures.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Josh, appreciate the intro.

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
Hi Josh...Wow.. that was a long intro... Like most here I wouldn't read much of it... However welcome, and by definitiin 90%+ of the population are not in our zone. (and probably never will) Wishing you well in you ventures.
Thanks Timmy. I appreciate it. Looking forward to being with you all. Cheers

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
Welcome Josh, appreciate the intro.
Thanks, MJ. Stoked to be here. Cool community. Your book is A++ great read. Almost done with it. Any tips on getting the most from the forums? Cheers

EDIT: Just found the welcome message -- I'm sure that answers my "getting the most from the forums question"

jcsmith

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 22, 2019
Wow Josh. I've read your intro and I know it's very unfortunate (your experiences) but I'm glad that you're able to still think positively and wanting to be better and to get back on your feet. That is very inspiring. I'm new here and also I'm struggling but I know I'm not alone and this will pass and everything will be alright.

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
Wow Josh. I've read your intro and I know it's very unfortunate (your experiences) but I'm glad that you're able to still think positively and wanting to be better and to get back on your feet. That is very inspiring. I'm new here and also I'm struggling but I know I'm not alone and this will pass and everything will be alright.

Thanks for the kind words. You're only done if you think you are done. Mindset is crucial. If you havent read The Millionaire Fastlane ... do it.

Really inspired me to shut up and get to work.

Cheers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...