The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why I Left RD Forums

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ

Today it is all talk, no action. Political Banter, Conspiracy Buffs and Chronic Victims. (on RD Forums)

People asking the same questions over and over without hitting the search button....

Lance

Great points! but you unfortunately just described the mass majority of our population whether you realized it or not...

most of the people in our society are unorganized, unguided, angry and simply unsatisfied. It is proven that negativity and negative energy is much more attracting than positive energy... a perfect example is the entertainment magazines- US, People, Enquirer, etc... they all have stories about divorces, infidelity, obesity issues and other real intrusions on peoples lives... just all bad stuff... but people like it. Society as a whole is just unsatisfied with themselves and RDogg is probably a victim of negativity.

amazing that just today I had someone ask me aside in private and thank me personally for me helping him... he explained in the couple of years he has worked with my organization he has started to look at things differently and realized that the simple things are not worth getting upset over. He admitted the smallest things used to really irk him for days at a time but has now approached problems with a more positive approach...while I was happy to hear that, its the point that negative and positive energy both have residual or contagious impact.

anyway, it would have been a much different scenario had RDoggg asked for logical help in regards to his/her dismal and bleak position and this board would have put its best foot forward to help him/her ... but blaming everyone else without seeking solutions is the sign of an angry person who does not want help just yet...

I applaud MJ... who needs negativity around here when we are trying to help each other

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dennis Taylor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Dec 5, 2007
I'd gone there years ago, when I first found out and read the first RDPD book. What I saw was helpful, though I was very, very new to it - I may have simply lucked out on what I had read.

Feeling very motivated, I went and bought every single RD book I could find (there went my entire bonus) and read it with such voracity I think I may have given both my eyes and brain whiplash...it’s since healed.

I’ve gone to a few seminars since then, kept up on my reading and scouring the web for prudent advice and answers to questions.

My wife and I have now started on our voyage to financial freedom.

Back then:

Enough credit card debt to choke congress, several delinquent accounts for misc. loans, huge car payment, lots of frivolous monthly expenses and absolutely no checks and balances system - other than balancing the always empty checkbook. Credit - shoddy.

Currently:

No credit card debt at all, all credit cards paid off. Misc loans, only 2 left, soon to be zero. Sold overly expensive toy car, and cut way down on frivolous monthly expenses. We’ve since put our financial ‘lives’ into a financial statement and though it’s not great, it’s a lot better than where we were. My only existing loan is a student loan, and that’s next on our targets to obliterate. Credit - Good, almost Great!

We’ve been looking at properties left and right. There seems to be a realtor who’s taken a liking to us and has no problems showing us properties. We’ve worked it to if he’s showing one, and it’s in our areas we’ve expressed interest in, he’ll ring us up and we’ll meet up at the showing. We’ll swoop in, once the other interested party has cleared the scene - giving us time to do a tour of the property.

It’s amazing what people will do for you if you let them know your intentions.

I look forward to a very lengthy and wonderful stay here on the forums.

I also look forward to hearing from each of you! :love1:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Purenergy-

It all depends.

If $5000 gets me a seat next to my congresswoman at an upcoming fundraiser, and I have an important $300M project to push (with lots of backing/heavy hitters, so they'll listen), then $5K is cheap for what I get.

If it's finding a mastermind group of like minded individuals from different walks of life that can form some kind of synergistic critical mass (see "Maui Millionaires"), then $25K seems like a pretty good deal to me, too.

If, however, I'm paying someone big bucks b/c I want to do something, but haven't had the DRIVE and MOTIVATION to get off my *ss-- and I think that spending $5K or $40K on some kind of pep talk/"master plan"/coaching is gonna flip the switch to "ON", well, I know myself better than that.

If I haven't done something (due to fear of failure, or analysis paralysis, or some other factor), throwing a lot of money at seminars and teachers ain't gonna get me going.

It's just gonna drain my bank account.

-Russ H.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Looks like that did a hack job of making the site a whole piece. You log in in the top right of the complete site. Looks like they stripped some of the functionality of the forum. Search is now google site search at the bottom right of the site.

Overall pretty terrible inplementation... but is this really a surprise. Who reads anything there anymore anyway, if you are trying to find old posts, do this..

goto google

search "site:richdad.com {insert username or whatever here}"

without the quotes or brackets obviously. whatever is indexed will come up. it may be faster for you that way.

Reisteve

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 6, 2007
Why I left RD???

Easy.. they band me from it when I called them and their buddy "Utahinvestor" out...

They all are selling the medicine but not willing to take any of it...

Robert K knew nothing about his own site or his own forum...

Utahinvestor... aka Mark Kemp... ended up in prison...again!!!! (He was a convicted felon when he was on RD)

Funny how not being a part of it anymore has been a blessing!!!

:smxB:

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Understood. Thanks.
If you read this thread, you'll see why this is the best forum on the internet for entrepreneurship. See why everyone left RD, and what caused them to leave, and why everyone (that's serious about business) chooses to come here.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
When is RK giving a seminar on "How to Give Seminars and Make Millions"? I think that is the one I would attend since that is the real Fastlane plan he is executing.

you know, customers are used to be entertained .

entertainement is perception over substance and value

politics, business, medias : all these things tend to mix together

remember that president Ronald Reagan was a former movie actor. so is Arnold Schwarzenegger.

so what do i mean ?

1) people will buy the illusion of wealth 2) but they won't necessary work hard to achieve results with the product they bought

the self help industry takes place in the first part : selling the illusion to people who won't do anything with the product

since few people will actually go for the second part , selling only hope to millions of people can be seen as a fastlane mindset

you create something out of nothing : the illusion of the good life

you are like Jesus which created bread and wine out of nothing. you have the same power

i consider all these guys that sell hope as marketing geniuses

they simply are smart enough to tap into an endless source of energy that yield extraordinary results : human psychology

is it moral ? if customers are happy then what is morality in this case ?

is inteligence moral ?

if i could do like them, i would sign my financial freedom document right there on this forum

by the way, this is politics strategy : selling hope .

presidents are not punished by society for bad results. they simply say they are sorry and that's it !!

this is inteligence

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This is funny. I guess I never commented on why I left. I left early.. like in 2001 or 2002 because they changed their database log in and I got locked out.. because I had multiple accounts because they had dumb programmers and I grabbed Wild Flower wild flower etc. So no one else could get them and look like me. BUT somehow I lost access to my main account. I was the one who datascaped their database (still have it) and ran all these stats. RD Phil Lechter came to our Real Estate Forum meet up in Vegas and I knew more about his database than he did. :) He complimented me. I was the one who ran the report for utahinvestor and put all his 300 posts in one document. Good stuff there. BUT in simple reason, I left because I got locked out of my Wild Flower (maybe they go rid of the space and it messed it up- IDK). AND I felt like I've moved on. We had a large group of people we did deals with but that deteriorated too. Especially when we discovered utahinvestor was behind on taxes, stole money from a firm and went to prison over it, and basically discovered why he wanted everyone to name their company All Star Investing. Much easier to blend in with others if you are doing criminal activities. He burned people.. and some other people burned people. several went to prison. Boy it was a ride though. This is my favorite forum. I pop in every now and again. I noticed today that the RD forum is gone. Life is a journey.
What kind of investing are you doing now? Man... that guy pulled a bunch of people into his boat.

I went up to that Vegas gathering. There was supposed to be a separate meeting with the top investors to talk about deals and such. It never panned out. Ended up being wasted time.

What ever became of PaulieShark and Donna?

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
What kind of investing are you doing now? Man... that guy pulled a bunch of people into his boat.

I went up to that Vegas gathering. There was supposed to be a separate meeting with the top investors to talk about deals and such. It never panned out. Ended up being wasted time.

What ever became of PaulieShark and Donna?

I'm sorry the Vegas didn't work out. There were 300 people there.. but we ended up meeting the people that turned into the utahinvestor group. I'm still friends with some of the good people. Many moved on to other investments or businesses. I learned A LOT from the group.. We did over 100 deals and partnered on nearly all of the deals with people in the group, and we could see the housing crash coming.. it was crazy.. people earning 60k in a 800k home! I was like.. how the heck did they get that loan. Watching THE BIG SHORT movie was interesting and weird to watch. I remember specifically saying.. in 2003 "In 3-5 years it's going to crash". There were that many people grossly underwater. Banks were selling notes left and right. AND watching the 99 homes was infuriating, they committed fraud when they didn't have to in the movie. BUT I have spoken to many homeowners that were ripped off by criminals (investors is too nice of a word). We helped save people's homes too a few times.. we didn't make anything.. just helped. Boy haven't thought about all that in a while.

Right now, I have other endeavors ;) Life is a journey. BUT we were looking at open houses for fun in SoCal and they want full retail with 30-80k fix-up! WTH .. if we have to fix it up.. We are getting a discount! LOL So looked at the distressed properties.. flipping. Getting the itch again and the market seems to be there.

Honestly I have no idea about Paulie and Donna.. I forgot about them. That's funny. I wonder too. They weren't part of the utahgroup that I know. Didn't they have a CD put together or something. I might actually still have it. I forget.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
@SteveO sold a lot of his apartments and now owns a golf course...

GOLD! - Margaritaville (I've Bought A Golf-Course!)

@SteveO Nice! I read through the whole thing. It seems you know how to spot problems that are deep on the surface if you were looking at another golf course! :) Fun seeing the progress.

I was dusting off my brain last night.. I do remember going into a conference room with a meeting table at Vegas it was off the hall to the big room where we all were. I tried to load up the database but it was in Access 1997 .. little outdated and refused to open in 2007 access .. so one day .. when I have time. I will install the older access and convert or export out the database. I do remember seeing a lot of posts from 24Tea... I printed reports but I bet it was hardcopy and I threw them out.

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
I did a search on my computer and look what I found. Something I saved from the RichDad board talking about Vegas. I see our names on the list @SteveO :) I included the full pdf too. I saved some things since I was locked out.. this was in guest view.

Attachments

• RD-ScreenShot_of-WordDoc-Here.jpg
    RD-ScreenShot_of-WordDoc-Here.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 10-7-2005.pdf
    323.9 KB · Views: 7

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I did a search on my computer and look what I found. Something I saved from the RichDad board talking about Vegas. I see our names on the list @SteveO :) I included the full pdf too. I saved some things since I was locked out.. this was in guest view.
Erin Morgan was here for a while too.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Wow, so many familiar names from the past in those files. Interesting to see where people are after 10-15 years.

Jason_MI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 25, 2007
Agreed. It was one thing, years ago, to talk about real stuff, then have some banter on the General Discussion board, but it's been taken to the extreme. As I outlined over there, the sense of community was kind of torn, and it's hard to seriously discuss other items with people who you'd never want to associate with, or can't imagine associating with, in real life.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
I get tired about the lack of doing.

Folks may not approve (or understand) everything I'm doing,
and yes, I do fail (quite often),
but heck, at least I'm doing something.

I'm very excited about the new business development section, MJ.
Will certainly be posting some good content there
(I am limited to my self imposed 150 word cap on clientk.com
and get the urge to talk in more detail about topics).

: )

RaceDriver

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 25, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Do we know if Piranha256 is coming over this way? TheGreatBear? There was some pretty good discussion in the 'Paper Assets' section of the RD boards about a year ago; it would be nice to get a few of the key players to come in over here...

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
They might not know about this forum - it'd be nice to have Piranha as he's an expert in paper assets. Maybe we can get QuickTrade too ... :nono: yea, just kidding.

emorgan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 24, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
My evil twin

It's Jennifer Grey, aka JG, aka the love of Jason's life, aka my evil twin.

(She has had some adjusting since the dirty dancing days, but why the hell not?)

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
I wont say I totally left, yet.

But I wont be checking in there every day like I used to. My daily reading will probably be here just due to the fact that it would appear that the core group of doers and people of substance appear to be migrating here. It is kind of ironic how RK talks in his book, and I am paraphrasing here, about the people you surround yourself with and now the forum that has his brand on it now consists of people who I dont want to be around.

salezpro

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 27, 2007
South Eastern UT
Like Camski, I haven't totally left either. Once a week, or so, I scan though the threads for topics of interests, and skip over the negative stuff and junk.
I believe their are still some worthwhile subjects discussed on RD and some positive, engaging topics.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Like Camski, I haven't totally left either. Once a week, or so, I scan though the threads for topics of interests, and skip over the negative stuff and junk.
I believe their are still some worthwhile subjects discussed on RD and some positive, engaging topics.

I guess I should edit the post to say "Why I don't visit very frequently anymore" ... I still visit, or I guess ya call it "lurk" .

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I still visit there daily to answer questions or see if anything good has been written. I'm guessing you are MadMerkin on RD forums? In any case, it's good to have you here, and don't forget to Vote Mickey Mouse 2008! :cheers:

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Some guys over there have 300 posts; none of them business related - only political, bush-bashing, conspiracy crap. They won't last 1 hour over here.

No kidding. There are one or two with closer to 800 or so posts (speaking of time well spent :eek:) that just unnerve me when I see their stuff.

Don't get me wrong, either. I am far from where I want to be in both my personal and business life. But all that noise was too unsettling for me.

PS: by the way, I love all the smiley faces here!!!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007