The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will this side hustle make me money or a big headache?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Konsta_05

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 7, 2023
Hello MJ and everyone else reading this!

I have now started a side huste where i paint (powder coat to be exact) my friends and clients motorcycle parts.

For example gas tanks, kick starters, engine covers you name it.

At the moment I technically am profitable but my revenue is low and I havent made so much money that the equipment (~700€ all together) would have been paid for. I own the ewuipment and paid for cash but I mean I have not breaken even.

I am now looking into investing 1200€ in a bigger oven which will allow me to expand to car wheels, motorcycle frames etc. I am a bit scared that if I can't make new clients then it will be useless. No risk no reward or how did it go?

At the moment I do NOT have websites because I am myself doing this and I don't have a company ("legal company"). I am from Finland so I am not so sure how these work in the states but that is not the biggest worry here.

How could I attract new customers? Should I register as a legal company?

Other comments and tips etc are welcome guys!

-Konsta

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Imo it’s a good start.
From powder coating you can develop very many different ways.

Oven: if you want a low budget version, you can build the box from sandwich panels (roofs and walls are made from this) and put in the heate you have already.

Usual Sandwich panels can take a temperature up to 250 Degree C.

Best wishes!!

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Could you build your own oven out of foam insulation and an electric cooking stove heating element (and controls)? I saw a YouTube video of a guy that built one like that for pretty cheap. Also, if the business doesn't work out, you could just resell the oven on eBay or something and get most of your money back.

Edit: here's the video
View: https://youtu.be/q7lps1KZ9i4

Last edited:

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
That's cool you're doing something. Is there a way to get more clients in the door? How are you promoting yourself at the moment?

Could you make a video showing the process, with a before and after, then run it as a facebook ad to local motorcycle enthusiasts within 30km?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Konsta_05

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 7, 2023
That's cool you're doing something. Is there a way to get more clients in the door? How are you promoting yourself at the moment?

Could you make a video showing the process, with a before and after, then run it as a facebook ad to local motorcycle enthusiasts within 30km?
Well at the moment I'm advertising on facebook and snapchat. A "before and after" video would be cool.

It feels difficult to get new clients, maybe its difficult to them to trust me because i have just recently started.

But I am not playing victim, I plan to do Tik Tok videos which are good for my target audience (15-23 year old moped/motorcycle riders). When the videos go viral I get free advertisement.

And word of mouth is also an effective way of marketing later on with a bigger amount of clients.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I tried a business targeting that clients.
16 year old boys don’t have money left for that. The ride because theycant drive cars.

Maybe young car owners are better.

Or bike frames in general. I didn’t find one for that 2 years ago.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.