The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Story of every loser I meet 50 times a day...

Fact: Tai creates more value than you ever will, which is why he's rich, and you're not.

"probably has some company behind him" wtf does that even mean... obviously you're confused about... well, everything.
Good luck.
bb29e0cfe9ccf519955a66a6aba6f7e3.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted35442

"tai creates value " what "Value " ? same 'value ' affiliate marketers create when they sell " a business in a box" to 50 year old women who want to get rich online "fast" ? theres no value there...

After I politely replied******************
@The Grind & @ZMan26 Now now kids. Keep calm and watch some storytime with Tai. Never stop believing.

Including lel connoisseurs @theag @Kingmaker @Ubermensch @Thiago Machado @OVOvince @AgainstAllOdds @458 @blueoceanblues @Delmania

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestUserX09

Ive said this too many times..

The guy was a CPA. Funded some businesses, some shady, some not. Made big money consulting. Funded the most successful Youtube Ad campaign in history and now compiles knowledge from the world greatest minds and sells it.

I've given him hundreds of dollars and have gotten thousands out, easily. Hes not pulling anything out of thin air. Its all teachings of people like Benjamin Graham, Peter Drucker, Sam Walton, Lou Tzu, etc. People pay him for the convenience of that value compiled, and taught.

If you don't know who any of the above people are, you have no business having an opinion on this topic.

D

Deleted35442

The guy was a CPA. Funded some businesses, some shady, some not. Made big money consulting. Funded the most successful Youtube Ad campaign in history and now compiles knowledge from the world greatest minds and sells it.

I've given him hundreds of dollars and have gotten thousands out, easily. Hes not pulling anything out of thin air. Its all teachings of people like Benjamin Graham, Peter Drucker, Sam Walton, Lou Tzu, etc. People pay him for the convenience of that value compiled, and taught.

If you don't know who any of the above people are, you have no business having an opinion on this topic.
Oh lawd, you actually bought the "67 steps"? The guy was a CPA...So what? What good is that aside from having someone do your books for you? Nothing. You don't need a CPA to consult and it adds no credibility to your name in this field. His 67 steps that you're so enthralled with is basically the book The Success Principals by Jack Canfield regurgitated into this program. You can read this book to see for yourself. I know guys 100x more legit than this con artist that give far more useful insights for free. I know all the above people, do you only know of them because of Tai? Did you get anything revolutionary for repackaging their insights into a spoon-fed package for you?

Video games aren't meant to get an ROI. They're for entertainment. You shouldn't feel better because you decided to spend your allowance on Tai Lopez instead of Mario Brothers. I don't mean to shatter your illusions more than I already have. But you should watch the above video.

Sociable

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 5, 2015
I joined the 67 Steps program long before when it was popular. He sold it for 5$. After getting attention and completing the product (yes, when I bought it he was still working on the product and releasing videos every couple of weeks), he raised the prices and created this awesome marketing strategy. Big growth later on as you guys can see!

Well... I recommend every entrepreneur to join his program because it really rewires your brain. You get wisdom every single day for 67 steps. And dude... The knowledge he shares is unbelievable.

Just saying... Don't hesitate. Try the program.

G

GuestUserX09

@Cyriex I think you're confused. I listen to him because he's had more success than you.

Nobody has magical keys to success, that should be understood. People pay Tai for convenience of information. At the end of the day you'll always have to work for it. Understand that.

You just keep buying Mario, and I'll keep buying self development programs... We'll see who ends up where.

And again.. You're misinformed, there's a no questions asked money back guarantee on his products, he's not taking anyones money.

Honestly, you shouldn't buy any of his materials, you'd be overwhelmed. Theres a mindset shift needed to understand anything he says or the recommended readings.

Its a shame so many people are terrified of investing in themselves. A guy tells you to read a biography of Warren buffet and people think it's the end of the world.

You'll either go for it or not man, but ill tell you when your trying to get what most on this forum are.. There's no time for Mario brothers, we buy the books, the courses, the mentors, we self invest. Thats entertainment.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014

Why are people giving him money when I can think of 100 better guys to check out who can also back it up in a real way like a Tony Robbins for example? Because he has messed up hair, foggy glasses, street slang, and can put together a reality show type of ad ? Maybe Tai is a genius
Oh lawd, you actually bought the "67 steps"? The guy was a CPA...So what? What good is that aside from having someone do your books for you? Nothing. You don't need a CPA to consult and it adds no credibility to your name in this field. His 67 steps that you're so enthralled with is basically the book The Success Principals by Jack Canfield regurgitated into this program. You can read this book to see for yourself. I know guys 100x more legit than this con artist that give far more useful insights for free. I know all the above people, do you only know of them because of Tai? Did you get anything revolutionary for repackaging their insights into a spoon-fed package for you?

Video games aren't meant to get an ROI. They're for entertainment. You shouldn't feel better because you decided to spend your allowance on Tai Lopez instead of Mario Brothers. I don't mean to shatter your illusions more than I already have. But you should watch the above video.

so he ripped off Canfield let alone other 50 guys? If you are not selling, you are the one being sold to.

G

GuestUserX09

@Mineralogic I agree, there are 100s better people to listen to. He teaches what they teach, all combined into a digestible form.

It works for me, ive messaged his staff about the results I've seen from the courses. I hit my first 3k month and sold a business while 2 months into his business program man.. Result will of course vary but I'm not missing that couple hundred bucks invested right now.

It might not be for everyone. If anything, just reading his recommended book list was very helpful alone and thats free.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
@Mineralogic I agree, there are 100s better people to listen to. He teaches what they teach, all combined into a digestible form.

It works for me, ive messaged his staff about the results I've seen from the courses. I hit my first 3k month and sold a business while 2 months into his business program man.. Result will of course vary but I'm not missing that couple hundred bucks invested right now.

It might not be for everyone. If anything, just reading his recommended book list was very helpful alone and thats free.

so he has a business program besides the motivational stuff?

D

Deleted35442

I joined the 67 Steps program long before when it was popular. He sold it for 5$. After getting attention and completing the product (yes, when I bought it he was still working on the product and releasing videos every couple of weeks), he raised the prices and created this awesome marketing strategy. Big growth later on as you guys can see!

Well... I recommend every entrepreneur to join his program because it really rewires your brain. You get wisdom every single day for 67 steps. And dude... The knowledge he shares is unbelievable.

Just saying... Don't hesitate. Try the program.
^^ Welcome back Tai.

@Mineralogic Elle oh Elle. That's exactly what he did though. Maybe you can borrow Square1Hype's "67 Steps" to compare and see. I was shown someone else's "67 Steps" to see for myself.

@Square1Hype I don't buy Mario. But some of the people in my cell phone do that you may heard of including Kim Dotcom.

Kim_DOtcom_648x365_2189597582-hero.jpg

You want to talk about success? I closed $25K this month. I subcontracted 60% of the actual work and very well could have reveled in anything I wanted. I didn't. I've been buying doing some questionable but legal SEO attacks against my competitors and ranking up in SEO and prospecting new business everyday. Launching an eCommerce product after my first one was featured in everything from Vice, GQ, Washington Post, etc. I love my odds, broski.

Every. Single. Person. Without exception. That has heard of Tai that I know that makes money, $1MM minimum plus - thinks he's a F*cking clown.

YOU are misinformed. The money back guarantee is less about the "money back guarantee". It's to add a golden foil over an already steaming pile of shit. Tai knows what he's pitching is saturated with gurus and the "money back" is a straight up sales tactic to handle that last bit of resistance people have. Because after they pay, most people, like you who don't read, will be so blown away by other peoples insights that are many multiples more successful than Tai and yourself ever will, that even if they get little out of it as they often do. They'll think Tai was so amazing just for repackaging it for them. :hurray:

Keep hustling kiddo. I'll leave you with this hedge fund CEO throwdown with my favorite fund manager troll, Carl Icahn - who makes more than this forum combined.

Last edited by a moderator:

lucasmello

Business Bear Means Business
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jun 25, 2014
I just finished his Money Program (I didn't pay, don't worry haters).

Here is my take on TAI:

I think he is a greater marketer. He tries to relate to the average person, but if you got a 3 digit IQ, you can clearly see he is really proud of who he is and what he has(Nothing wrong with that, hey, I am not half-way where he is and I am proud of who I am and what I have). He repeats himself a lot, as I knew most of the time he was teaching(see below) it got kind of annoying after 5 lessons.

Here is my take on the PROGRAM:

I am going to ignore the person and just focus on the content. I thought it was a dumb down version of the TMF . He says he builds the entire program around the idea "Things I wish someone had told me when I was 18", and I don't know if I am a really smart 18 years old or if he was a really dumb one, because most of the stuff he talked about, I already knew. Plus, there were some things I have studied more in depth and although his information is correct, it is oversimplified (for example, value investing). And I get it, his audience is not JUST entrepreneurs. It is basically everyone who wants to be better off. For me, my sole focus in entrepreneurship, I live and breathe my business(hopefully businesses by the end of the summer), so the program didn't offer me much. One of the interesting thing was the calls he made with other people. But overall, I don't think I would pay more than 50 bucks for that kind of content.

lucasmello

Business Bear Means Business
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jun 25, 2014
Wow. Isn't he charging $997? And recently started charging monthly?
Yeah he is. I think that is ridiculous. You are also suppose to the program in 67 days, which I thought was bullshit. I did 4 audios a day (going to school, coming back and gym). His whole logic was that it was a based on a habit-forming study by some university, which I believe, but I don't see how this program is a habit. Like, a habit of "improving yourself or your situation"? In my opinion that is called life. But answering your question: I think the value for ME, personally, was very low because I was already exposed to most of the stuff he talked about(through TMF , this forum, other books, talking to people in business, etc). Maybe to a complete newbie person, that is just starting out, it is worth more (say, $100), but $997 is not justified. AT ALL.

blueoceanblues

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 1, 2015
Florida
although his information is correct, it is oversimplified (for example, value investing)

Yeah. This is why I don't understand people who devalue books.

What can profit you more? A 30-1hr talk from Tai (not a pure value investor), or Ben Graham, who was, and literally wrote one of the definitive sources on the subject?

Tai doesn't even tell you his investment, what companies he invests in... however go to angel.co and look up Tim Ferriss and see the difference.

Twitter, Evernote, Uber. NUFF SAID. lol.

I think the value for ME, personally, was very low because I was already exposed to most of the stuff he talked about(through TMF , this forum, other books, talking to people in business, etc). Maybe to a complete newbie person, that is just starting out, it is worth more (say, $100), but $997 is not justified. AT ALL.

Tai has a way of making you feel like you are missing out on this 1 nugget, this 1 insight, that if you would only uncover it, your income would spike 10x.

Master selling.

G

GuestUserX09

@Cyriex I really don't feel like having a summer camp measuring contest with you man...

But. I do read the books of people he mentions and more, daily. I just personally value the convenient info/reminders.

You and your phonebook are certainty entitled to your opinions. I'm not going to argue any positions on something like this.

Joey El

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 16, 2016
Down Under
Just glanced across to my co-workers screen. Meant to be calling local businesses for lead gen, what do I see but the "mansion" version of the "garage, lambo, knowledge" ad.

Edit: didn't realise he's still paying to run 6-month old videos...?

Selling shovels obviously works.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Ankerstein17

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
I guess whats so ridiculous to me is. People don't think twice about buying a $60 video game with 0 ROI, but are terrified of buying a $60 self development course.

I used to not get this but on a large scale, it has been life changing.

Nail on the head. Look some people are afraid to even buy a $100 self development book. If you never buy it you will never know what you get out of it. The way I have always seen it is like this. Say you buy the $100 book, and it helps teach you 1 thing or makes you think a different way. And that 1 lesson lets you to make decisions that add up over time that cost you $50....$500.... etc. That book just payed for itself.

Look I understand some stuff can seem very very fishy. And I am not saying buy every software, or program that can help make you become a millionaire. However, remember both sides to that equation.

FAILURE is the default ladies and gentlemen.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I wonder in the future, let's say within the next 5-10 years, if any multi-millionaire will think back and credit Tai Lopez for their success. Whether that credit be large or small.

Would there be at least one person?

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
I skimmed over but Tai Lopez is a fraud and a con-man. He deleted the video where someone found his ferrari is a rental and the key still had rental tags on them. He obviously has connections but he's a fraud. He had a facebook live stream few weeks ago where he looks at the camera and tells you there are 5 limited ways to get his course worth thousands for only $997. and he said, "Here is the truth. it takes money to make money, there's no way around it. so isn't this 997 worth it if you can make $X" and he proceeds to have the gall to tell you to put it on you credit card if you don't have the money.

I went and downloaded his garbage off the bay just out of curiosity if it's at least worth the money, it's him on set (he always has an absurd amount of books in the background to the point of ridiculousness. why would you have books laid out like that in a conference room?) with a whiteboard using janky math and lecturing you about nothing. I learned nothing. I deleted the stuff as it wasn't worth the storage on my hard drive.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
I actually enjoyed the 67 steps program. I got it on sale for .67 cents, and it was one of my first forays into self development.

I definitely wouldn't have bought it for any more than that, but I would be lying if I said it was completely worthless.

Thanks to that program I got into the habit of reading books and it helped me dream big. Tai Lopez may not be worth shit himself, but his program definitely gives you good habits.

Selfy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 7, 2014

LOL. This guy is brilliant.

11 Secrets that millionaires know?

MJ! YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ TO DO!! DIDN'T READ THIS IN TMF !

TAI GOT DA NEW SECRETZ! MJ IS OLD NEWZ! (Joking of course, your book changed my life).

Tai: "Think about back in school...you never learn what you truly need to know" <-- EVERYONE on the planet can relate to being shortchanged in school....so everything Tai says now is positioned against that experience....thus making him more trustworthy.

Lesson: Construct an opponent whom no one in their right mind can side with. Nobody will agree that the school system did its job 100%. Bonus: Let them go back and grab their own emotionally charged memory of how they were 'done wrong'....)

Tai's "Laws"

#1 "VRIN" Score.

W T F is that shit TAI?! You're right, nobody told me about VRIN SCORE! I'VE BEEN HAD!

"Value, Rarity, Inimitability, and Non-Substitution"

WHAT?!?! Is this a Jay Abraham seminar? Less $50 words please. (Nobody knows his way around a thesaurus like Jay Abraham..."you must consider the opportunities that lie adjacent, alongside, bordering, and contiguous to your current business...")

Huh?!

PLEASE EXPLAIN TAI!!!!

Tai: "Now I don't know if I'm going to explain all of those....."

Aww man Tai... How am I gonna feed my kids if you won't hand over the secrets!?

Tai: "...then I'll show you how you can learn all of them if you want to know"

F*ck, why am I watching this goddamn video for if you're going to show me in ANOTHER video.

Lesson: "The princess is (always) in another castle" Always have them chasing your carrots.

Or you can just Google it. http://www.mbaskool.com/business-concepts/marketing-and-strategy-terms/2859-vrin-barney.html

#2 Wealth Index

W T F is this shit?!

"Wealth index is an index of how well you accumulate.....and for example *insert story about Doctors*"

Confused.

"Some millionaires don't know it, but the good ones do" <-- (subconsciously) I'm one of the good millionaires.

I'm one of the good ones AND I'm going to teach you.

Lesson: Never identify totally with any group. Always try to position yourself with the 'good' ones. Put crudely, even whores want to be known as good whores. "I may be a ho, but I mean well. I have a heart of gold"

#3 Trend Stacking

(This is actually one of his good ideas, but it can be found within James Altucher's concept of "idea-sex", basically relating 2 or more unrelated concepts in order to create something new).

"This one secret alone...is a secret of billionaries...we can go to another level" For a price of course.

#4 Nudist Buddhist

Basically, don't be too weird. *told in story form*. In short, learn how to present your idea so you don't scare away investors...or anyone you are trying to woo.

Lesson: Don't be afraid to share your same stories over and over. He uses this one alot on his podcasts and 67 steps. ...A story should never be told just once..

Summary

I like how he intentionally acts lost or unorganized. Check 8:51 for a masterclass..."I don't want to bore you"

Seriously? I'm broke, on my couch with a cheap a$$ Dell laptop running Windows XP watching this in 144p so it doesn't overheat and I just had cold spaghetti with ketchup for breakfast and I'm here raring to learn 11 secrets only millionaires know but you're afraid you may be BORING ME?!

DUDE I WANT TO CHANGE MY LIFE! lmao....

11 Secrets, only get 4. LOL. The whole vid is just lead gen for his talk...

ALWAYS...keep that princess in another castle.

Again, havin some fun here.

If you had an ebook or a short course on this, I would seriously buy it.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I no nothing about him except for the green screen videos I've seen.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Here's the hilarious part about all the dumbass low lives in this thread talking shit about Tai...

You think he's a "scam" artist....

....great, go ahead, try to replicate what he's accomplished.

Go... do it. He;s a scam artist, so it shouldn't be hard right?

Oh.. my bad, your just a F*cking dumbass who doesn't understand how much work it is to make any kind of impact in this world because you don't do shit in life except go to your 9-5 and then go to this forum and mentally masturbate in your own bullshit opinions about people who are actually making it in this world...

The truth is you couldn't even make a dollar being a scam artist because you would fail at it... like you fail at everything else in life...

....have a nice day.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Here's the hilarious part about all the dumbass low lives in this thread talking shit about Tai...

You think he's a "scam" artist....

....great, go ahead, try to replicate what he's accomplished.

Go... do it. He;s a scam artist, so it shouldn't be hard right?

Oh.. my bad, your just a F*cking dumbass who doesn't understand how much work it is to make any kind of impact in this world because you don't do shit in life except go to your 9-5 and then go to this forum and mentally masturbate in your own bullshit opinions about people who are actually making it in this world...

The truth is you couldn't even make a dollar being a scam artist because you would fail at it... like you fail at everything else in life...

....have a nice day.

How you do anything is how you do everything.

If you want to give your money to people who are shady, that's on you. A lot of people do it. Not just Tai. There are lots of Tais in the world. There are lots of people way worse than Tai in the world, too.

In the scheme of things, Tai isn't as bad as, say, Madoff or Jordan Belfort.

But you have to be careful what you put into your brain. Put Tai in, and Tai comes out. I don't want to be like Tai. Why would I emulate him? Why would I listen to him?

Or maybe your point is that I should be like Tai. Why? Just because he has money?

I wouldn't swap with Tai for all the money in the world.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
In the scheme of things, Tai isn't as bad as, say, Madoff or Jordan Belfort.

If you want to give your money to people who are shady, that's on you. A lot of people do it. Not just Tai. There are lots of Tais in the world. There are lots of people way worse than Tai in the world, too./QUOTE]

I agree.

I used to feel bad that people fell for his stuff when there's so many good resources out there (THIS FORUM) But now I realize, there will always be a market in selling to stupid people. More power to him, I guess.

Last edited:

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.
I think I'm in the zone now.

I am guessing he profits from all those youtube videos, affiliate marketing (books, products etc), his ebooks, online programs. He is does what MJ said make a product that impacts millions and he got it out to the public and he is cashflowing from it, whatever he does his lifestyle is badass. Real chill lifestyle and has his friends with him at all times.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.