What's new

Yep, another noob!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

PDeezy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hi guys,

My story is probably quite similar to others. I found out about this place after reading The Millionaire Fastlane, and like many of you the concepts in the book have resonated with me in an incredibly powerful way. Since about 17 I've been 'doing time' working various 9-5 job's mostly for Government departments, slaving away for the benefit of someone or something else, going through the motions and all the while dreaming of a better life...a better way.

I've had the occasional respite by taking holidays and travelling overseas, but restlessness, lethargy and compliance have been my domain for as long as I could remember, along with obedience to bosses…schedules…stale old ideas…and a million other factors I've perceived to be outside of my control or that I assumed I hadn't chosen.

Fast forward to today, I'm blessed with a lovely wife who is my best friend and partner and we share a very strong, fulfilling marriage. We've a healthy 5 week old baby boy who lights up our lives. I have a lot of great things to be thankful for and as the sole provider I'm getting by (just). That’s where the dissatisfaction creeps in. I don’t want to just get by. My situation is that I'm pigeon-holed into a vocation that I have grown to resent and I KNOW there is a better way to live.

The reason I want to embrace the Fastlane is freedom. Real, abundant freedom. The freedom to make choices for the benefit of myself and my loved ones. The freedom to live life on my own schedule and terms so I can devote more time to worthy pursuits such as being with my son. I want to be free from wage slavery and as MJ said, paying myself last. I want to be free from answering to incompetent managers who provide me with nothing but stress and frustration as they urge me closer to grey hair and heart-attacks. I want to be free from watching the clock and counting down the minutes until 5pm as my life literally slips by with every tick...tock. I yearn for it and it's almost at the point where it's getting painful.

I've identified that motivation is not my problem, it’s the execution. I'll be honest and say that at present I don’t know what I'm doing or how to do it, I'm clearly in the wantrepreneur category. I've purchased the training wheels but I haven't fitted them to the bike. I've toyed (and by toyed I mean fleeting bouts of daydreaming) with a few random business ideas and then poked holes in every one as I settled back into the slowlane, but in most of those cases I was focusing on the wrong motives. I wasn't looking for ways to solve a problem or to help others or to provide value. Nevertheless, I've always believed the only way to truly get ahead was to own my own business.

So that brings me to my motivation for being here, and that is to learn and grow and hopefully begin to understand how to set myself free from the 9 to 5. I’d like to think that over time I can add value to the community and become more involved as this journey unfolds. I'm grateful for the wisdom that MJ has passed on through his book, I am here because I've made the choice to absorb it and act upon it.

Thanks for reading and hopefully I can get involved a bit here and there.

TL;DR - 35 year old male from Sydney, Australia. Happy home life, unfulfilled professional life. Goes by the name of PDeezy, not related to PDiddy.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hsiev opvsu, ximduni ecuesf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ximduni QFiibz.

Ov muult moli xi tjesi dunnup uckidvowit.
Og zua fofp'v fu ov ziv, sief NK't cuul. Sief vji gusan.

Veli edvoup. Hiv vji odidsien. (O juqi vjot otp'v duqzsohjvif :iil:)

Huuf madl vu zua.

Hsiev vu tii nusi Eatvsemoept, Deospt jisi! :)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom